Blake may start?

Lakra

Blake may start?

Post by Lakra » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 8:16 am

I would not be surprised to see Austin start in the line up as hooker this arvo? Potter may pull a shifty Sheens here today and use the other bloke later in the game as a back up forward/hooker? Just to put the Titans in two minds? What do you think?

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 9:20 am

Lakra wrote:I would not be surprised to see Austin start in the line up as hooker this arvo? Potter may pull a shifty Sheens here today and use the other bloke later in the game as a back up forward/hooker? Just to put the Titans in two minds? What do you think?
Nah i think they will want a fresh Austin running at tired forwards.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 9:47 am

I think also we want Luani at hooker in defence. He's very used to the position and worked hard there against Parra. I agree that Austin, who is a 5/8th with experience in the back row, does offer a better running game out of dummy half, and can certainly help out Luani in that role. I want to see a few of the boys stepping up making dummy half runs today, Austin, Fulton, Lawrence, Simona, Akuala and Richards all have the potential to give the Titans trouble from the play the ball. If they each have a crack it should be good for a line break or two.
Last edited by Cosimo_Zaretti on Sun 27 Apr, 2014 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 9:50 am

Austin from the bench until Farah returns...
Then Austin from the bench running at tired forwards/carving up/whatever.

Then in the end, Austin #6 & Braith retires.
Yes please.

I see you Milky !
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 9:51 am

no way Blake will start, luani will take the early hard yards and Blake will run at a tired defence.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 10:16 am

Lakra wrote:I would not be surprised to see Austin start in the line up as hooker this arvo?
I would be

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 10:21 am

(The great Milky though of this) When Farah retires the spine will be 1.Tedesco 6.Moses 7.Brooks 9.Austin
Tigersman since 2013!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 10:28 am

Rumour floating around they have been trialling with Mitchell Moses at fullback during the week ...............

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 10:44 am

happy tiger wrote:Rumour floating around they have been trialling with Mitchell Moses at fullback during the week ...............
Not sure if you are being serious but I think it is the best game to blood him at fullback out of all games. No Titans player has a great bomb on him so they can't really test him out much under the high ball, who ever is at fullback though will cost us in defence. Once Kelly makes a break I don't see Rowe or Moses chopping him down like Teddy can.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 10:50 am

Milky wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Rumour floating around they have been trialling with Mitchell Moses at fullback during the week ...............
Not sure if you are being serious but I think it is the best game to blood him at fullback out of all games. No Titans player has a great bomb on him so they can't really test him out much under the high ball, who ever is at fullback though will cost us in defence. Once Kelly makes a break I don't see Rowe or Moses chopping him down like Teddy can.

Might mean nothing at all , just telling Forumers what I heard from a reliable source earlier in the week

Didn't say anything because it might of been a last minute ploy to throw the Titans off

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 10:50 am

It would excite me greatly not to see Moses run out in the NYC.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 11:24 am

Luani should start at 9, soak up the early punishment, and Austin to come on late in the first half to cause trouble up the middle.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 11:30 am

Moses played a bit of fullback in NYC last year. Makes a bit of sense for him to start his career there given he struggle defensively in the front line.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 11:39 am

willow wrote:Luani should start at 9, soak up the early punishment, and Austin to come on late in the first half to cause trouble up the middle.
Yep Blakes skill set better suited a bit later on, not at the outset

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 11:54 am

Anthism wrote:It would excite me greatly not to see Moses run out in the NYC.
Moses just confirmed in NYC
http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2014 ... anges.html
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 11:55 am

Yes can't remember who, but someone posted earlier in the week that Potter was already looking at replacing Rowe with a player from NYC - guess this is it.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Lakra

Post by Lakra » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 12:01 pm

Here's the method behind the madness of my thinking and yes perhaps you are all right...but I thought Austin was sensational last week in at hooker organizing the troops and looking dangerous from dummy half..by not naming him in the line up shifts the focus off him and onto brooks...with him starting I think allows him to help out with the kicking and have the Titans in two minds who to mark up on.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 12:09 pm

I'd love to see this.