Live game thread: Tigers V Titans (spoilers)

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 31870
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Re: Live game thread: Tigers V Titans (spoilers)

Post by willow » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:02 pm

We got a week off at the right time.


User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7872
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:03 pm

Well that was a terrible afternoon. Stuck in traffic on the highway into Brisbane for about 3 hours listening to the team perform pretty terribly.

To me, that's gotta be it for Anasta. Brooks has skills and tries things but Anasta just has nothing at all and we can't hang our hat on Brooks alone when we have Austin, who since he's been in first grade has looked our best attacking threat. As soon as Farah is back Austin has to go into the halves and Anasta to goodbye.

Fumbles
Member
Member
Posts: 440
Joined: Mon 16 Jan, 2012 10:56 am
Location: Brisbane

Post by Fumbles » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:04 pm

willow wrote:Without Farah and Tedesco we are fairly rudderless in attack.
Agree and their replacements are ineffective. Fulton does too much and Rowe does too little.

User avatar
westTAHger
Member
Member
Posts: 4601
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: with Daffy Duck, having fun

Post by westTAHger » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:05 pm

let's be realistic here.
after 8 rounds did anyone think in their wildest dreams that wests-tigers would be going so well.

having 5 - 3 record is far better that the other way around.
still along way to go, and the way I look at it, the team requires 8 wins out of remaining games to ensure a finals finish.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold



" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 38548
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:05 pm

We lost the forward battle and the Titans showed their experience at slowing the ruck down

Titans were the better side and we have to learn to relax when we get behind on the scoreboard

Was always going to be a danger game

Lets hope Harry Potter finds some miracle injury cures and Farah and Tedesco are back in two weeks

One positive our defence , apart from the one soft try they hung in to the end

In 2013 that would of been a 30-40 point loss


User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 10446
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:05 pm

Would it be bad to wish Anasta needs more than a couple of weeks off for that injury?

Hopefully there's nothing wrong with Austin and he'll be right to play against the Roosters, but we really need this fortnight off.

TimmyB
Member
Member
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue 28 Jul, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by TimmyB » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:06 pm

It would be awesome to have a week with no injuries.

Anasta, Seumanufagi, and Austin. Unbelievable.

Think Lawrence was an enormous positive from that game. He looked dangerous every time he touched the ball.

BlackandGoldForever
Member
Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Wed 19 Mar, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:06 pm

MacDougall wrote:Well that was a terrible afternoon. Stuck in traffic on the highway into Brisbane for about 3 hours listening to the team perform pretty terribly.

To me, that's gotta be it for Anasta. Brooks has skills and tries things but Anasta just has nothing at all and we can't hang our hat on Brooks alone when we have Austin, who since he's been in first grade has looked our best attacking threat. As soon as Farah is back Austin has to go into the halves and Anasta to goodbye.
It's not going to happy ZERO chance that Braith will be dropped, he should be, but Potter is not going to drop Braith because of past history and the money we are paying him

Pokies
Member
Member
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu 24 Sep, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by Pokies » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:09 pm

A spine of luani, brooks, Anasta and Rowe is just not good enough.
Austin to 6 and Simona to 1 would drastically improve our attack whilst Farah and teddy are out.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 31870
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth

Post by willow » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:19 pm

Pokies wrote:A spine of luani, brooks, Anasta and Rowe is just not good enough.
Austin to 6 and Simona to 1 would drastically improve our attack whilst Farah and teddy are out.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Agree. I watched Anasta more closely today and he was ineffective to say the least.

User avatar
Gazman
Member
Member
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:35 pm

Post by Gazman » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:22 pm

Just watched the Simona lifting tackle so I assume he wont be considered for FB in the short term anyway, and it did not look good.

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3396
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:23 pm

Tigerdave wrote:Would it be bad to wish Anasta needs more than a couple of weeks off for that injury?

Hopefully there's nothing wrong with Austin and he'll be right to play against the Roosters, but we really need this fortnight off.


I was actually cheering when he got hurt...

blaze2
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by blaze2 » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:26 pm

Sorry, but the refereeing was appalling.... Against both sides, but if I didn't know any better going off the refereeing I would have picked it as a titans home game... Just woeful..

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

User avatar
bonstonker
Member
Member
Posts: 1413
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:14 am
Location: Louisiana,usa

Post by bonstonker » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:27 pm

we got lucky last week and i doubt potter will change anything.
was good to see us defend our line at the back end of the game.could have been a real blowout.

been a while since i have seen lawrence look dangerous on multiple occasions.

blaze2
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by blaze2 » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:29 pm

+ Rowe has to go... He is no where near being a first grade player....

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5291
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:32 pm

simonthetiger wrote:
Tigerdave wrote:Would it be bad to wish Anasta needs more than a couple of weeks off for that injury?

Hopefully there's nothing wrong with Austin and he'll be right to play against the Roosters, but we really need this fortnight off.


I was actually cheering when he got hurt...
Give the bloke a break, its just his 300th game or something.

monkey
Member
Member
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed 11 May, 2011 5:43 am

Post by monkey » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:33 pm

blaze2 wrote:+ Rowe has to go... He is no where near being a first grade player....

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
i agree he has done nothing bad but nothing great either

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

blaze2
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by blaze2 » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 5:39 pm

monkey wrote:
blaze2 wrote:+ Rowe has to go... He is no where near being a first grade player....

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
i agree he has done nothing bad but nothing great either

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
He has no penetration, always out of position when receiving kicks, lacks confidence and at times goes missing under the high balls and can't shut down plays one on one... Time to try someone else out..

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Post Reply