I am happy with that Performance

Re: I am happy with that Performance

Post by 851 » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:12 pm

Rowe is not NRL standard,and neither is Braith,we need to fix both these problems ASAP.
Go hard or go home

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:12 pm

Happy ? That was a dead set rubbish performance
We dropped ball, couldnt penetrate the defence and didnt gell as a team

One of the most disjointed performance from us this season.
No excuse is good enough for our unforced errors

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:20 pm

Not much to be happy about. The only good thing was our on line tackling mainly late 2nd half.There was no captain out there to steady the ship. Anasta.is way too slow for 5/8. The Titans bashed our confidence to pieces very early in the game and we never recovered. It was sad to see a youngstar like Rowe thrown to the wolves. We need a quality fullback to fill in for Tedesco but where? I don't know whether the rumour about Inu to the Tigers was a sick joke but he was the replacement back we needed today. No fullback no future.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:26 pm

That was to me a terrible performance. The forwards got smashed and Anasta was beyond ordinary.

I thought Rowe was good.

ragedmachine

Post by ragedmachine » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:27 pm

How any fan could be happy with that performance astounds me. Even considering key players missing, we we pure and utter atrocious. If Austin's kick hadn't been touched in the air it would have been 22-zip possibly more due to the Titans being hopeless in attack.

Rowe is not first grade material, Anasta should retire immediately and Austin needs to start every game.

Until Farah and a few others return, we'll be moved down the ladder real quick in coming rounds IMO
Last edited by ragedmachine on Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:29 pm

They were very average today, the forwards lacked punch and the Coast were way to good for them. Plenty of players were average, but the two people to have absolute shockers were the men in pink. They allowed the coast to get away with murder, dont get me wrong hard to cry "we were robbed" but they were given a massive leg up.

Anyway Anasta has to be flicked, doubt it will happen and we have to come up with another no1 in a hurry.

yeti

Post by yeti » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:35 pm

I actually thought Rowe wasn't bad today. Anasta was good in defence but terrible everywhere else. Blair was our best and Lawrence did some good work to get outside his man on more than one occasion. Simona will be missing for several weeks so we need to find a centre replacement. Will be interesting to see what Potts comes up with.

thaitiger

Post by thaitiger » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:47 pm

I for one am not happy with that performance. For God's sake what is going on here?? Both Rowe and Anasta are not a "bull's roar" first grade standard and should be immediately relegated to reserve grade!!!!!!!! :deadhorse:
How Potter can select these "bozo's" is mind boggling. :crazy Surely with the reserve grade going well there must be other options to bring other guys in to see how they go?? :wtf
Yes we have injuries but pick some guys who can tackle and at least are quick??
Rowe is an arm grabber and Anasta is slower than "a wet week" it's embarrassing really. :roll
I demand changes to the team as outlined above and will "not be happy" if they are not done as I have insisted in this comment!!!!!!!!!!! :sign:

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:52 pm

I liked Blair, Woods, Lawrence & Nofoluma.
The Titans did what they needed to do, blitzed us early to take Leichhardt out of the equation. I didn't think we did too bad considering our troops. They seemed to have a good plan, out enthused us, and kept field position.
I can't see any ongoing advantage to leaving Anasta on. Again, not much to offer.
I'd also take Rowe off to avoid wrecking him. He puts in the effort, but not up to this level yet, and a couple of plays indicated to me that he lacks confidence.
I reckon we'll lose Simona for a while.
"Quality Stupidity"

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:52 pm

happy tiger wrote:The forwards lost the battle for the first time this season and we got dominated in the ruck

I was happy with some aspects ,disappointed with others

We can't use injuries as excuses we had a team many of us thought would get the job done

As Willow said in the live call , the break couldn't have come at a better stage , we looked stale
Yeah good post

People are using injuries as an excuse....a week ago everyone was raving about all this "depth" we now have

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:55 pm

happy tiger wrote:The forwards lost the battle for the first time this season and we got dominated in the ruck

We can't use injuries as excuses we had a team many of us thought would get the job done

As Willow said in the live call , the break couldn't have come at a better stage , we looked stale
I thought our fowards did well overall.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 10:31 pm

innsaneink wrote:

Yeah good post

People are using injuries as an excuse....a week ago everyone was raving about all this "depth" we now have
A very ordinary performance, nothing like the commitment of last week, we seemed out of steam from the first whistle.

We can live with it because the previous month was very good, every team has a bad day, it's how we respond in the next match that counts.

EVERY team in the comp is going through this, ups and downs, getting lapped and dishing out beltings.

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 10:43 pm

I was told how strong our reserves are. They can't score points. Fulton has been ineffective, the whole of the year.Anasta, way over the hills and beginning to look like Benji, very slow.Rowe, unfortunately , not first grade standard yet. At lease Lawrence keep on trying.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 10:50 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:Happy ? That was a dead set rubbish performance

Yeah I was happy our defence in the last 20 minutes didn't drop its bundle like it would have in the past

We were well beaten , but I don't think we gave up

TigersBra

Post by TigersBra » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 11:25 pm

Guys, let's be honest. Our attack was lacking punch, mainly because we were missing Robbie. I thought on the rare occasion we went to their end, we weren't explosive and just got to the 5th tackle, and really did nothing.

Also, we have to be patient with Brooks. God sakes, he 's played 10 games! Give him a break. He's playing without his main playmakers ( Farah, Tedesco) and he still almost scored two awesome tries.

On another positive note, our defence stood well strong in the last 20 minutes. But we need Robbie, James Gavet, Teddy and others back, because we are lacking leadership across the park. Let's hope for a spirited performance against the Chooks. :sign:
"In Mick We Trust"

laufoofan

Post by laufoofan » Mon 28 Apr, 2014 7:53 am

All we have are excuses,we haven't got the winning culture. This is missing, our excuses are quick and ready. We need to take losses badly, in this way our needs for winning is more urgent. I hope Potter is the answer.

mremedy

Post by mremedy » Mon 28 Apr, 2014 9:36 am

happy tiger wrote:
Love the WestsTigers wrote:Happy ? That was a dead set rubbish performance

Yeah I was happy our defence in the last 20 minutes didn't drop its bundle like it would have in the past

We were well beaten , but I don't think we gave up
I agree, isn't defence about attitude? I thought we defended well yesterday. In years gone by Titans win by 30 going away.

With half our team injured, we can't expect to win every game.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 28 Apr, 2014 9:48 am

Last week their were plenty of signs, the bubble was about to burst and yesterday the bubble went bang.

Injuries have once again have stuffed us, I get the feeling we are about to be heading into a slump, the big question how long will it last. We should have a lot of players back on deck by mid to late May, but they will take time to regain their form and by than the damage may be done.

The chooks game could get ugly, but you never never know