Referee's Killed Us

Milky

Referee's Killed Us

Post by Milky » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:38 pm

They were horrible...

Simona Try was a try... 22-12
Brooks put Taupau in a gap and was set to score if it wasn't for Myles...Penalty Try, you cant sin bin a player for a foul play in front of the line and not give one. 22-20

Game could of gone either way.

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:43 pm

Apart from the obvious, we did it to ourselves.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

derailed

Post by derailed » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:44 pm

Haven't seen any replays but the Taupau one there is no way you could give a penalty try.

The Simona one was always going to be a no try if there was any contact at all once the ref ruled no try

There were a number of times we should have got penalties and didn't. That is what cost cost more in the end.

Would love to see the penalty count before the last 15 when we got a couple.

As a mate said at the game, it was almost as if the refs we're determine not to let the crowd influence them and ended up being harder on us.

Honestly I don't think we played well enough to win anyhow

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:46 pm

Refs were ok.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:57 pm

shane2801 wrote:Refs were ok.
They were pathetic but not the reason we lost.

Didn't rule a dozen forward passes, let both teams lay all over the ruck. Disappointing and frustratin overall

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 7:02 pm

I was ok with the obstruction call, it's consistent with how they've been ruling on them.

There were plenty of calls that didn't go our way, knock ons not cited etc, but we were plainly against ourselves as much as the refs were...

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 7:02 pm

i cant blame the refs for our dropped ball
The refs were questionable but we shot ourselves in the foot plenty of times too

As the saying goes , we should never rely on refs to win us games

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 7:03 pm

LOL

Refs were crap but more excuses from Mily

We were worse

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 7:08 pm

The best team won, but the refs were poor, thought we got the worst of the calls.
Glad it didn't cost us.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 7:08 pm

innsaneink wrote:LOL

We were worse

Reffs were crap.
Tigers were crap.
Fans were crap.

Why do you all expect them to put in their best if you guys cant even get out there to support them? No excuses.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 7:09 pm

The best team won, but the refs were poor, thought we got the worst of the calls.
Glad it didn't cost us.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 7:11 pm

Refs were rubbish, but we were terrible. Only a few of our players could hold their heads high after today. I think we are in for a hard slog over the next month or so. I think a few of our players have hit the wall

Tiger In The Gong

Post by Tiger In The Gong » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 7:15 pm

Milky wrote:
innsaneink wrote:LOL

We were worse

Reffs were crap.
Tigers were crap.
Fans were crap.

Why do you all expect them to put in their best if you guys cant even get out there to support them? No excuses.

Im with you Milky.

Sucks the enjoyment out of it when you dont even get the home ground advantage on the close calls.

In saying that though the Titans were beating us on every play, the refs always favour that style of play.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 7:38 pm

I hate baggin' Refs when you lose because it is like sour grapes.

We needed at least 50% of the calls to go our way to make up for the players we couldn't field.

We ended up with about 5-10% of the calls going our way. Apart from about 6-10 play the balls the Ref could have penalised the Titans for being off side in all the others. Dave Taylor was never on side.
This stifles the attack of the opposition and because they are in your face it causes errors and effective charge downs.
You never see how much a team is offside in a TV coverage because you do not get the wide shots. The Titans and Souffs are the worst in the League for off side.
I have been watching our game for close to 65 years and let me tell you I have encountered some bad Referees over that time - none were worse than those two at Leichhardt today. They went from bad to worse and insisted they prove they are the worst in the NRL.

All of that said - we really missed an old head to point the youngsters in the right direction - namely Robbie.
He is irreplaceable. Blame Anasta at your peril - if this happened with him - it does not warrant thinking about what would happen without him.

To the comment that the Fans were crap - I take exception. The Fans that could have gone and didn't were crap. What did you want us to do - put on the boots and play for them. The crowd of nearly 9,000 were very vocal to no avail - the Refs were Tiger haters and there was no changing their bad calls.

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 8:15 pm

I was pretty damn filthy with the refereeing today at the game, to the point I'd had enough and left early to beat the traffic. The referring all year has been abysmal and today was the first time I wanted to rip my seat out and throw it at a ref purely because of their complete stupidity on basic calls.

We didn't deserve to win today at all. We were outplayed. However, I do believe we were given the wrong end of the stick from the refs today with some terrible decisions. I'd be ok with some wrong calls if there was consistency eg. Thompson was penalized for a shoulder charge on the kicker, not even 5 minutes later Brooks attempted to chase his own kick and was shoulder charged and put on his arse by Myles, no penalty. Bird throwing a punch into Simona's head while on the ground after they were just warned for a high shot.

Again I've got no problem with a few dud calls and I doubt we would've won today anyway, we played terribly. But today it really did seem like anytime we got a bit of possession and started building something a wrong call was made, they got another set and any momentum we had was killed.

They were all over the play the balls today (look at the Taupau pass from dummy half, should've been a penalty as the player playing the ball was pushed). There was over 40 times their players did not touch the ball with their feet. Markers not square (sometimes 3 markers). Offside most of the game. I hate complaining about referees but today was one of the worst games I've ever seen, and in my opinion the refs did have a lot to do with it.

shakey4d

Post by shakey4d » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 8:22 pm

Dont usually bag the refs but thought they were particularly off today. Missed forward passes for both teams. The 50/50s nearly always seemed to
go against us today but maybe im biased.

But we really shot ourselves. I think this was the first game this year our forwards were really dominated and our completion rate was well down on previous weeks.

tigsta

Post by tigsta » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 8:56 pm

Milky wrote:They were horrible...

Simona Try was a try... 22-12
Brooks put Taupau in a gap and was set to score if it wasn't for Myles...Penalty Try, you cant sin bin a player for a foul play in front of the line and not give one. 22-20

Game could of gone either way.
Simona try was not a try. If it was then parramatta try last week was a try and we lose both games.

As soon as Simona grounded the ball I knew it was a no try. Sezer went down exactly as brooks did.

Penalty try? Are you high. ?

Emotions are running to high on this forum after that loss. We were beaten by the better team hands down.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 8:58 pm

shakey4d wrote:Dont usually bag the refs but thought they were particularly off today. Missed forward passes for both teams. The 50/50s nearly always seemed to
go against us today but maybe im biased.

But we really shot ourselves. I think this was the first game this year our forwards were really dominated and our completion rate was well down on previous weeks.

We blame the refs when we lose(this week) and say nothing when we win(last week)..Refs have been shocking all year....ruining the game IMO..