Player stats from today

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 84 times

Player stats from today

Unread post by willow » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:51 pm

1. Rowe - 127 metres in attack, 1 tackle break, 4 tackles, 4 missed tackles

2. Nofoaluma - 71 metres in attack, 1 ackle break, 2 offloads, 7 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 1 error

3. Simona - 61 metres in attack, 1 tackle break, 1 try, 11 tackles, 1 error

4. Lawrence - 132 metres in attack, 3 tackle breaks, 12 tackles

5. Richards - 95 metres in attack, 1 goal, 1 tackle, 1 error

6. Anasta - 59 metres in attack, 1 tackle break, 20 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 2 errors

7. Brooks - 44 metres in attack, 1 line break, 6 tackles, 4 missed tackles, 2 errors

8. Woods - 132 metres in attack, 48 tackles, 1 missed tackle

9. Luani - 53 metres in attack, 32 tackles, 1 missed tackle

10. Galloway - 56 metres in attack, 29 tackles, 2 missed tackles

17. Akauola - 39 metres in attack, 7 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 1 error

12. Thompson - 51 metres in attack, 44 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 1 error

13. Blair - 41 metres in attack, 38 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 1 error

14. Taupau - 104 metres in attack, 18 tackles, 2 errors

15. Seumanufagai - 27 metres in attack, 15 tackles

16. Austin - 44 metres in attack, 27 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 1 error

The Titans didn't really outmuscle us in the forwards, they made less errors and capitalised on a couple of ours.

11. Fulton - 90 metres in attack, 20 tackles, 1 missed tackle

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:54 pm

Missed tackles and errors costed us. I don't think we lost the ruck today- more like we didn't dominate it as we have this season.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 6:59 pm

I think it's time to start Tapau ahead of keithy. Might fire him up a little. With Ava & Gavet likely to be out for the roosters game we're gonna struggle in the middle. Are Buchanan & Brown ready for a call up?

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 7:18 pm

Too many errors today.

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 7:26 pm

WE lost the ruck because we allowed ourselves to be controlled in the ruck with the lack of speed

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sun 27 Apr, 2014 7:29 pm

The refs soo contributed to a slow ruck. Way to many mistakes and missed tackles.

Tbone
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Tbone » Mon 28 Apr, 2014 12:27 am

No second phase play today at all. Titans secured the ball very well. In fact, not a single offload from our forwards today. Titans forwards had 15 offloads! That's a very telling stat.

laufoofan

Unread post by laufoofan » Mon 28 Apr, 2014 7:43 am

Our forwards were being dominated today, not enough move forward, no offload and a quiet game. Hope they are having a off day as our backs have to pedal backwards as they don't have room to move, a disappointing game for the West Tigers. Our players must have been thinking how good they are all through the week to be brought down to earth by the Titans who had a few injuries themselves.We are not professional enough as after winning a few games, we think that we are the world beaters and take our eyes off the ball. The sea eagles, roosters and the bull dogs showed us how it is done, week in and week out. We haven't got the winning culture in us yet, and that is a disadvantage.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Unread post by smeghead » Mon 28 Apr, 2014 8:27 am

Our attack is run around ruck speed for a lot of the time.

Neither hooker was a run threat for most part and we have a fullback unwilling to search around the ruck for an offload. As such rather than teams having to account for that they are able to put three in the tackle to slow the team to a crawl.

Our linespeed was god awful yesterday too

Blackpearl
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Blackpearl » Mon 28 Apr, 2014 9:26 am

thanks for the official stats willow, but from where i was sitting in bay 4 i didnt see lawrence beak any tackles at all. i dont think he has made a clean line break either for the last two seasons. it really was painful watching a player like CL who is so obviously on a rapid downhill slde
I dislike sowfs immensely

laufoofan

Unread post by laufoofan » Mon 28 Apr, 2014 9:26 am

You are right smeghead,our fullback is lost out there and is not looking for opportunities, that is what seperates a good full back and a has been. Rowe does not understand his role and is there just to make up the numbers, a sad state of affairs for Potter.Luani is not plodding, his game needs to be more like Ennis, that is a quick play the ball as to make in roads for his team, not merely passed the ball as he is no Farah.He is not a ball playing hooker.
He should explore how his game will help his team the most and his style of play.He is a strong fella, so a strong defend and sometimes a quick dummy half run with make some metres for his team.To penetrate Titans, is strong running from dummy half to make metres. The way we played yesterday, the Titans were well prepared for us. Farah got them by just strong running from dummy half the last time.

tigsta

Unread post by tigsta » Mon 28 Apr, 2014 5:30 pm

happy tiger wrote:WE lost the ruck because we allowed ourselves to be controlled in the ruck with the lack of speed
Each week now depends on the ref. We lost the ruck because they were allowed to lie all over us. Another ref would have penalised them a few times and that would have sped up the game.

jirskyr
Has liked: 122 times
Been liked: 132 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Tue 29 Apr, 2014 11:38 am

Blackpearl wrote:thanks for the official stats willow, but from where i was sitting in bay 4 i didnt see lawrence beak any tackles at all. i dont think he has made a clean line break either for the last two seasons. it really was painful watching a player like CL who is so obviously on a rapid downhill slde
That is the second week in a row that Rowdy has made well over 100 m and none of the runs were open-field line breaks, all hard yards. He is doing a toil of work at the moment, far more metres and just as many tackle breaks / tries as Simona.

teegasm

Unread post by teegasm » Tue 29 Apr, 2014 6:47 pm

Blackpearl wrote:thanks for the official stats willow, but from where i was sitting in bay 4 i didnt see lawrence beak any tackles at all. i dont think he has made a clean line break either for the last two seasons. it really was painful watching a player like CL who is so obviously on a rapid downhill slde
i've been really impressed with lawrence over the past two rounds. his scoots have been really strong and he has been breaking tackles though is yet to make a clean line break. while he looks to have lost some of the stuff that made him a kangaroo once upon a time i think he's actually been in pretty good form

teegasm

Unread post by teegasm » Tue 29 Apr, 2014 6:56 pm

laufoofan wrote:You are right smeghead,our fullback is lost out there and is not looking for opportunities, that is what seperates a good full back and a has been. Rowe does not understand his role and is there just to make up the numbers, a sad state of affairs for Potter.Luani is not plodding, his game needs to be more like Ennis, that is a quick play the ball as to make in roads for his team, not merely passed the ball as he is no Farah.He is not a ball playing hooker.
He should explore how his game will help his team the most and his style of play.He is a strong fella, so a strong defend and sometimes a quick dummy half run with make some metres for his team.To penetrate Titans, is strong running from dummy half to make metres. The way we played yesterday, the Titans were well prepared for us. Farah got them by just strong running from dummy half the last time.
Potter only played Luani at hooker for the first 25 minutes of the match in which i thought he played how you described how you'd like him to play- strong defence and quick scoots. Mind you, our forwards were well contained (our zero offloads highlights this point) and we never really got on the front-foot so the opportunity to run from dummy-half didn't present itself much.

For the remainder of his 37 minutes of field time he played lock in the second half. he ended up with 34 tackles in 37 minutes for the game. i wonder how he'd have gone if he played 60 minutes or even 80

Russell
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Tue 29 Apr, 2014 7:59 pm

Well some must have been at a different game than the one I went to.

I thought Rowdy was one of our top 3 players.

If he is on a rapid downhill slide I'm sort of hoping a few more of our players get on the slope.

e.g. most of the forwards - apart from Woods and Taupau struggled to get get 50 metres.

The old bloke next to me make more metres going to the Gents at half time.

Return to “Round 8: Wests Tigers vs Gold Coast Titans”