Robbie Farah could make shock NRL return

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 73 times

Re: Robbie Farah could make shock NRL return

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 08 May, 2014 7:30 pm

king sirro wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
king sirro wrote:Why is this a shock? A few including myself have been saying he will be back for this game. History shows Robbie is one Tigers player who always returns early.

I dont think he's over the line yet, but he will try to play on Friday thats for sure. Fingers crossed.
Thought it was a chance of happening its 4 weeks tomorrow which was the normal time for that type of injury , but is it worth the risk ??

Its a hard call isnt it. Really does seem a long shot winning this game so why risk him. But i thought we were long odds to beat Souths and we did. Guess we have to trust Robbie and the docs
I felt we had a small chance v Souths , I'm just hoping we stand tall and strong and keep them to under a 12 point loss

I'm going to put it out there , if we beat the Roosters tomorrow it could well be the club's finest moment in a non finals match

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 08 May, 2014 7:34 pm

He's not playing.

Cosimo_Zaretti
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Thu 08 May, 2014 8:02 pm

Doesn't sound like it's happening.
NRL.com wrote:
By Ben Horne
AAP
6:00pm Thu 08th May, 2014

Wests Tigers are unlikely to take a gamble on Robbie Farah in Friday night's high-stakes NRL clash against the Sydney Roosters, despite the skipper pushing hard for a miracle return.

Farah is desperate to make an early comeback from a dislocated elbow to help relieve the Tigers' personnel crisis against the defending premiers.

But Tigers officials are likely to advise their star hooker to rest for another week.

The initial prognosis for Farah was at least six weeks on the sidelines, which would have had him in doubt for the first State of Origin clash on May 28.

Farah's speedy recovery has surprised club officials, but it's thought rushing him back after just three weeks out would be a bridge too far.

If Farah doesn't take to the park at Allianz Stadium, it presents the Tigers with a huge mountain to climb as they try to hold on to their top-four position against the fifth-placed Roosters.

The Tigers are also missing key attacking weapon James Tedesco, five-eighth Braith Anasta, back-rower Curtis Sironen and prop Sausaso Sue through injury, and have Liam Fulton (back) in doubt. They have also lost Tim Simona and Mitchell Moses to suspension.

It doesn't bode well for the Tigers, whose understrength side struggled for cohesion against Gold Coast two weeks ago at Leichhardt.

NSW front-row candidate Aaron Woods will be charged with taking the fight to the Roosters' feared forward pack, and Tigers coach Mick Potter says his team won't back down despite the adversity they face.

"We probably could do with a couple more weeks off to get a few back," he said.

"Aaron's played the whole year and I don't expect anything less from him the way his form's been. I think he'll maintain that and I hope he gets selected for NSW ... he's doing everything right."

The Roosters are set to lose French recruit Remi Casty from their bench to a hamstring injury, and reports suggest Dylan Napa will take his place in the 17.

Ruling him out would be a bitter blow for Casty, who played the World Club Challenge but repeated leg injuries since then have robbed him of making his NRL debut.

The Roosters have named James Maloney and Michael Jennings to make premature returns from injury, and the duo will look to sew up their State of Origin jerseys for NSW.

http://www.nrl.com/tigers-wary-of-rushi ... fault.aspx

king sirro
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by king sirro » Thu 08 May, 2014 8:42 pm

Fair call to rest him. But i bet Farah annoys Potter a lot between now and 2mro
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

NT Tiger
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Fri 09 May, 2014 6:56 am

According to Fox Sports yesterday, Farah has been ruled out.
"Quality Stupidity"

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Fri 09 May, 2014 7:20 am

Hope he is back but only if he is 100%.

thesquid

Unread post by thesquid » Fri 09 May, 2014 7:34 am

Not that I believe Farah is playing, but anyone who put "'and Mitchell Moses to suspension'" in their article is a dope.

Mitchell Moses, if he didn't realise, plays for the 20's and has zip to do with the current NRL team.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Fri 09 May, 2014 9:01 am

thesquid wrote:Not that I believe Farah is playing, but anyone who put "'and Mitchell Moses to suspension'" in their article is a dope.

Mitchell Moses, if he didn't realise, plays for the 20's and has zip to do with the current NRL team.
but he was supposedly debuting this week! :O
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

tig4ever

Unread post by tig4ever » Fri 09 May, 2014 9:51 am

thesquid wrote:Not that I believe Farah is playing, but anyone who put "'and Mitchell Moses to suspension'" in their article is a dope.

Squiddy, Moses trains full time with NRL side & only has one session a week with 20's so to say he has zip to do with NRL side is incorrect.

thesquid

Unread post by thesquid » Fri 09 May, 2014 11:07 am

tig4ever wrote:

Squiddy, Moses trains full time with NRL side & only has one session a week with 20's so to say he has zip to do with NRL side is incorrect.
True, I should have been a bit more specific with/out my blanket statement.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 09 May, 2014 11:37 am

Would have been great to have him back tonight.

Love the fact that he's trying to get fit, and get a game or two under his belt before Origin. If it were Gallen he wouldn't go anywhere near a Sharks jumper till after Origin had finished.

turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by turnstyle » Fri 09 May, 2014 11:57 am

could get shouted down for saying this, and im sorry if i sound overly cynical, but i wonder just how eager farah would be to get back to playing so soon if SOO wasnt just around the corner.

i know... cynical. but to me he seems to have always placed such a large importance on playing origin, and it really REALLY annoyed me that he wrote SOO on his taping that time.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 09 May, 2014 12:01 pm

turnstyle wrote:could get shouted down for saying this, and im sorry if i sound overly cynical, but i wonder just how eager farah would be to get back to playing so soon if SOO wasnt just around the corner.

i know... cynical. but to me he seems to have always placed such a large importance on playing origin, and it really REALLY annoyed me that he wrote SOO on his taping that time.
At least he's prepared to play. Gallen wouldn't be.

thesquid

Unread post by thesquid » Fri 09 May, 2014 12:24 pm

turnstyle wrote:could get shouted down for saying this, and im sorry if i sound overly cynical, but i wonder just how eager farah would be to get back to playing so soon if SOO wasnt just around the corner.

yes cynical. SOO is an extra drive factor. From that extra drive, you get more out of players who want to make it.

on the flip side, some players who get picked every time can also look like they are saving themselves for SOO. I dont think Farah is the latter

Cosimo_Zaretti
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Fri 09 May, 2014 4:21 pm

Do you remember back when Tigers players never got selected for rep games? Do you remember how many games we used to win because our second rate side wasn't distracted by rep selection?

Yeah me neither.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Unread post by smeghead » Fri 09 May, 2014 4:25 pm

Talking about a guy who has played through hell, with more injections than a death row inmate in the past.

Origin is not his motivating factor

turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by turnstyle » Fri 09 May, 2014 5:57 pm

Fair enough - I accept I was harsh on farah.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 09 May, 2014 6:33 pm

Farah is the ultimate competitor and will play on one leg if he thinks he can. He loves the game and loves being on the field. I accept that SOO is always a goal for him but even if he wasn't up for origin selection he'd be chomping at the bit to come back.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Return to “Round 9: Wests Tigers vs Sydney Roosters”