Blake Austin

Jay

Blake Austin

Unread post by Jay » Sat 10 May, 2014 8:14 am

Everybody here go's nuts for Austin. He has good speed when he runs the ball, besides that I don't see what he has to offer more than Anasta. Thoughts?

I'm happy for Anasta to see out the year with Brooks and bring in Moses next year.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 139 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 10 May, 2014 8:24 am

Hard to judge him over 80 against the premiers and one of the better defensive teams

Like Rowe, more game time will wee an improvement imo
It will all revert back to what youre happy about when all are fit

His defense lets him down at times and thats where Anasta has it on him, but Blake has a bit of spark and zip that were lacking in attack, something Anasta doesnt have

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 10 May, 2014 8:27 am

I.agree for the time being, but hope to see the youngsters together later in the year when we are not decimated by injury.

If Teddy decides to go, I would give Moses a run at fullback after the SOO series.

Snake
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by Snake » Sat 10 May, 2014 8:27 am

You can not judge to much on last nights game, defiantly gives a bit of spark and can find a gap , would like to see him at 5/8 at least for several games for a good Accecment. The team is to disjointed at the moment all over the park.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Sat 10 May, 2014 9:30 am

He's our best option at the moment.
Future star so give him another chance.

Top class caliber player and worth sticking with.
Better than Benji as well.

king sirro
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sat 10 May, 2014 9:42 am

Anasta has had a few chances to show his stuff with Farah and Teddy in the team. Blake has come in without those guys which is very significant. Having Teddy could make Blake.

IMO Austin comes up with the same errors Anasta does which is frustrating, but at least he keeps the opposition guessing always probing. Adds a lot more than Anasta without being a star.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 10 May, 2014 9:46 am

king sirro wrote:Anasta has had a few chances to show his stuff with Farah and Teddy in the team. Blake has come in without those guys which is very significant. Having Teddy could make Blake.

IMO Austin comes up with the same errors Anasta does which is frustrating, but at least he keeps the opposition guessing always probing. Adds a lot more than Anasta without being a star.
Any chance we do a transplant and give Anasta Austins legs or vice versa

Because that's the exact combination we need at the moment

TIGER
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by TIGER » Sat 10 May, 2014 10:23 am

Without teddy our attack is pretty stock. Blake creates half chances he just doesn't get any support, be nice to see some strike power outside him in the form of simona and teddy. At least with blake we don't have to put up s*** bombs that the opposition usually take with ease and almost score a run away try off every time.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sat 10 May, 2014 10:50 am

Blake played fine in a depleted side. Our problem last night, apart from a disjointed distribution from DH, was that our outside backs are incredibly slow without Simona.

Blake will look good in a side that has more attacking options.

I would like to see us move to a more traditional 7 and 6 role. I would like to see Brooks playing both sides of the ruck.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Return to “Round 9: Wests Tigers vs Sydney Roosters”