Nofoaluma

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 8006
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Nofoaluma

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 10 May, 2014 11:47 am

He was quite poor last night. He also hasn't really set the world on fire this year at all. Defensively he gets caught out almost as often as Koroibete does. How much longer does he get to keep Koroibete in reggies despite not really doing anything? Koroibete deserves a chance if this is all David is going to be dishing up.


philgood
Member
Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 11:50 pm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by philgood » Sat 10 May, 2014 11:52 am

I must have been watching a different game if you thought Nofoaluma was poor. Had to come in to cover the poor defensive reads of Lulia.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 8006
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 10 May, 2014 11:58 am

Yes that's the go to when people defend their favourite players. "Oh yeah he was only beaten because he had to cover for that guy that nobody likes!"

Nofoaluma is hard to tackle but never gets into space, he finishes tries well and he gets beaten on his outside A LOT. He's quite safe under the high ball most of the time. Nofoaluma gets caught rushing in in defense a lot.

Koroibete is hard to tackle but finds himself in space a lot. He finishes tries well and never gets beaten on his outside. He's also twice as fast as Nofoaluma. He's average under the high ball. Koroibete gets caught rushing in in defense a lot.

There is barely anything between them. Nofoaluma is good and I rate him but he looks like he needs a rocket to me. Koroibete is too good to be languishing in reggies all year long. I want to see Koroibete in the NRL again before we write him off for good.

spearby
Member
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 7:23 pm

Unread post by spearby » Sat 10 May, 2014 12:03 pm

philgood wrote:I must have been watching a different game if you thought Nofoaluma was poor. Had to come in to cover the poor defensive reads of Lulia.
you are spot on I lost count on how many times he had 3 running on his side he had to mark on his pat Maloney some people on here watched a different game

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5791
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Sat 10 May, 2014 12:12 pm

2. Richards
3. Simona
4. Nofoaluma
5. Koroi

Gone: Lawrence

???? COULD IT WORK ????


Tygr
Member
Member
Posts: 317
Joined: Thu 20 Mar, 2014 12:35 am

Unread post by Tygr » Sat 10 May, 2014 12:16 pm

He looked to me like he was still carrying abit of an injury, it was apparent when he tried to chase Jennings after the dropped ball.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36308
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 10 May, 2014 12:19 pm

Demps wrote:2. Richards
3. Simona
4. Nofoaluma
5. Koroi

Gone: Lawrence

???? COULD IT WORK ????
It could work in the NFL when we can sub Koroibete off every defensive set

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5092
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Milky » Sat 10 May, 2014 12:32 pm

Demps wrote:2. Richards
3. Simona
4. Nofoaluma
5. Koroi

Gone: Lawrence

???? COULD IT WORK ????
I thought Lawrence played well yesterday, he is improving every game, wouldn't drop him yet.

Nofo played well, he was playing injured and had a crap centre inside him, the kid is way better than Koro.

User avatar
Moh
Member
Member
Posts: 518
Joined: Tue 27 Oct, 2009 2:46 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Unread post by Moh » Sat 10 May, 2014 12:32 pm

No problem with Nofo.

But def agree Koro deserves another chance. It's ridiculous how he has been written off.

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25343
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 10 May, 2014 12:37 pm

Wasnt korobete 18th man last night?
Hardly written off

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36308
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 10 May, 2014 12:40 pm

Moh wrote:No problem with Nofo.

But def agree Koro deserves another chance. It's ridiculous how he has been written off.
No its not , if he can't understand what he needs to do in defence by know he never will

When you see him defending from inside his in goal (like the Saints game ) tell me how that is any way close to taking the right defensive option

HE WAS DEFENDING HIS TRY LINE FROM BEHIND THE TRY LINE

People wonder why I get so annoyed on this subject ,that is why . He hasn't got a clue defensively

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 8006
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 10 May, 2014 12:59 pm

Hardly seems like Nofoaluma does either. 9/10 he gets beaten one on one by his opposing winger going for the try line.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4243
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sat 10 May, 2014 1:01 pm

Demps wrote:2. Richards
3. Simona
4. Nofoaluma
5. Koroi

Gone: Lawrence

???? COULD IT WORK ????
You dump the one player in our backline who has been decent this year.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4243
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sat 10 May, 2014 1:03 pm

MacDougall wrote:He was quite poor last night. He also hasn't really set the world on fire this year at all. Defensively he gets caught out almost as often as Koroibete does. How much longer does he get to keep Koroibete in reggies despite not really doing anything? Koroibete deserves a chance if this is all David is going to be dishing up.
I have been noting David's poor defensive reads all year. It doesnt matter who is his centre partner, he has struggled. Still been strong in attack although I was disappointed that his speed hasnt sharpened over the summer.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Sat 10 May, 2014 1:08 pm

Nofo is very good. But I guess everyone sees things differently.

Apart from that, we really need two (2) centers urgently. Just imagine, with our current players, if we had both the Manly centers. We would go very close to winning the comp.

Lawrence to the forwards, where I think he will go ok, once he gets adjusted.

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4633
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Unread post by Goose » Sat 10 May, 2014 1:18 pm

I think noffa was ok last night.
As for the bad reads, the defense system we are using is a compact up and in which lends itself to centres and wingers shooting out and getting beat on the outside no matter who we have in the position, that is where we are going to get beaten.

I also think Koro deficiencies in defense are exaggerated, he needs to learn still but he is far from the basket case many make out.

All that said I don't like lulia in defense, I don't think he commits to his decision, leaves him in no man's land alot.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5117
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 10 May, 2014 2:25 pm

southerntiger wrote:I have been noting David's poor defensive reads all year. It doesnt matter who is his centre partner, he has struggled. Still been strong in attack although I was disappointed that his speed hasnt sharpened over the summer.
Its not just in defence either. There was an overlap last night that he completely stuffed up.

He is a good player but he needs some work.

I'm not sure if I'd have Koro ahead of him but I'd like to have both of them out there. I would though definitely keep Lawrence because I think he is starting to become pretty solid.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36308
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 10 May, 2014 2:54 pm

Goose wrote:I think noffa was ok last night.
As for the bad reads, the defense system we are using is a compact up and in which lends itself to centres and wingers shooting out and getting beat on the outside no matter who we have in the position, that is where we are going to get beaten.

I also think Koro deficiencies in defense are exaggerated, he needs to learn still but he is far from the basket case many make out.

All that said I don't like lulia in defense, I don't think he commits to his decision, leaves him in no man's land alot.
Lulia is the problem , but as I said we played a compressed line with quick line speed to try and get numbers in tackles on edges to try and stop Guerra ,SBW and the like but if they get on the outside you have problems

Koro is a problem Goose as I said when you do what he was doing v the Saints he has major issues

Post Reply

Return to “Round 9: Wests Tigers vs Sydney Roosters”