Paterson

king sirro

Paterson

Post by king sirro » Sat 17 May, 2014 7:33 pm

Can someone please help work this guy out?

I have always been a HUGE fan of his talent but i cant get a true take on him.

His talent means we see many things that make him look great, but did anyone notice how he comes up with some very soft plays? Some of his dropped balls or missed tackles are really concerning and suggest he doesnt have it mentally for week in week out, or even play by play for NRL.

I dont know. On the surface he was great tonight, but if u watch the game again look at some of his misses.

Great but frustrating talent.

More good than bad tonight and hopefully Potter points out some "lack" of effort plays that need to be addressed.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

reyre2000

Post by reyre2000 » Sat 17 May, 2014 7:39 pm

Dunno what this chick is trying to say but Paterson was one of our top 3 tonight. If he wasnt playing we would have lost. way too many tackles and hitups compared to some of the more lazier players in the team, ava, blair, sue etc. He should be played in the centres for the rest of the year and the 'never was been' Rowdy should be sold to any bidder if one exits.
by alexaki » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:23 pm
"you are obviously not a boomer or gen x"
.................ageists should be banned from this forum

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sat 17 May, 2014 7:44 pm

reyre2000 wrote:Dunno what this chick is trying to say but Paterson was one of our top 3 tonight. If he wasnt playing we would have lost. way too many tackles and hitups compared to some of the more lazier players in the team, ava, blair, sue etc. He should be played in the centres for the rest of the year and the 'never was been' Rowdy should be sold to any bidder if one exits.
Sorry reyre this post proves you have no idea what you are talking about, Blair was good tonight as was Lawrence. Thought Pato had a good game and will only get better the more first grade he plays this year.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 17 May, 2014 7:47 pm

This "chick" u idiot, is agreeing he was great overall and i agree quite influential in our win, but watch some of his missed tackles. They seem to be a lack of concentration that needs to be addressed before it costs us
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

reyre2000

Post by reyre2000 » Sat 17 May, 2014 7:47 pm

Wagga Tiger wrote:
reyre2000 wrote:Dunno what this chick is trying to say but Paterson was one of our top 3 tonight. If he wasnt playing we would have lost. way too many tackles and hitups compared to some of the more lazier players in the team, ava, blair, sue etc. He should be played in the centres for the rest of the year and the 'never was been' Rowdy should be sold to any bidder if one exits.
Sorry reyre this post proves you have no idea what you are talking about, Blair was good tonight as was Lawrence. Thought Pato had a good game and will only get better the more first grade he plays this year.
If you actually watched the game youd know i was right. ask your boyfriend for the remote and watch the replay on fox, youll see that im right.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sat 17 May, 2014 7:48 pm

Don't see how Blair can come in for criticism at all. This Reyre dunce is just trolling.

reyre2000

Post by reyre2000 » Sat 17 May, 2014 7:58 pm

MacDougall wrote:Don't see how Blair can come in for criticism at all. This Reyre dunce is just trolling.
Thats a racial slur, im 80% reyre, how dare you

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Sat 17 May, 2014 8:07 pm

I think it because the poster made a comment about Paterson saying he having a shocker and Paterson turned out having a blinder. Now the poster in trying to justify themselves through this post.. Paterson had a great game. Deal. With it

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sat 17 May, 2014 8:07 pm

lol, get back under your bridge.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 17 May, 2014 8:09 pm

littletiger wrote:I think it because the poster made a comment about Paterson saying he having a shocker and Paterson turned out having a blinder. Now the poster in trying to justify themselves through this post.. Paterson had a great game. Deal. With it

Wrong
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sat 17 May, 2014 8:10 pm

I thought Patterson was really good. Blair was also really good as was Lawrence.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 17 May, 2014 8:21 pm

Patto was god but he was facing Sharks right edge, THE worst defensive edge in the comp

willow

Post by willow » Sat 17 May, 2014 9:52 pm

Wagga Tiger wrote:
reyre won't be joining us again.

As for Paterson, I agree with KS, he's like rocks and diamonds. He did some really good things, he runs good lines in attack, and can come up with some very effective ball and all tackles, his reading on one Sharks attacking play where they put a short attacking kick in the second half was brilliantly read, but then there was the "zero interest" in trying to stop Gallen from scoring.

If he can switch on for the full 80 then we have a very effective backrower.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 18 May, 2014 12:56 am

willow wrote:
Wagga Tiger wrote:
reyre won't be joining us again.

As for Paterson, I agree with KS, he's like rocks and diamonds. He did some really good things, he runs good lines in attack, and can come up with some very effective ball and all tackles, his reading on one Sharks attacking play where they put a short attacking kick in the second half was brilliantly read, but then there was the "zero interest" in trying to stop Gallen from scoring.

If he can switch on for the full 80 then we have a very effective backrower.
He's got Akauola's problem, fades in and out of matches. Patto has always been more about attack than defence.

But I suppose too, with inconsistent FG game time, it's not going to help his consistency.

Don't think he is near an 80 minute player either.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 18 May, 2014 1:59 am

He might make our bench in our Top 17 , but as Ink said he looked good against the worst defensive edge in the comp

Maybe the fading in and out has something to do with playing NSW Cup , you can get away with it there

A couple more games and he might stay switched on for longer

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 18 May, 2014 2:20 am

Solid and good enough tonight in all facets. I think all of our players fade in and out concentration - wise unfortunately. which is probably why we won't end up at the top at the end of the year, but we're getting better.

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Sun 18 May, 2014 7:58 am

Siro is going to be on the bench playing limited mins so I don't think he'll be playing the full 80 next week.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

alex

Post by alex » Sun 18 May, 2014 8:17 am

Much improved on last week, but for the first 20minutes after half time it looked like he didn't give a damn. Ran a great line off Brooks for his try though. But with guys like Sironen still to come back, Akaoula showing great promise and Thompson having a solid season, we're pretty well stocked for back rowers. If there was one to let go Paterson would be first in line I think