The fight in this team is amazing

GNR4LIFE

The fight in this team is amazing

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 17 May, 2014 8:18 pm

How many times in previous seasons would we have won that game? probably once out of 10 imo. Not just the way they came back but held on. We never looked like winning that game, it was always one of those games that you look you'll be on the wrong end of, but as they've done all yr, even when losing, they fought and fought. They don't pack it in at all and thats all you can ask.

On a side note, young Kurtis is kicking arse atm. Great to see, considering half the forum wanted him sacrificed like a virgin 2 weeks ago.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 17 May, 2014 8:22 pm

Rowe is doing his best and that's all we can ask. He is young and improving with experience.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 17 May, 2014 8:24 pm

Ill comment because of your Kurtis Rowe remark.

I was one who never rated him and was 100% against his selection. Reports of his reserve grade form suggest i was correct. His first 3 games suggest i was correct. His last 2 games suggest he has a little something that may make me eat humble pie.

Great slight of hand tonight by him and i was actually willing him to get more involved.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 17 May, 2014 8:25 pm

Very definitely. Even against an opposition as abysmal as the sharks, historically we would never have come back from 10 points down
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 17 May, 2014 8:26 pm

Rowe showed some real courage tonight ..I must say I have egg on the face,how refreshing to watch a player improve by the week.And the never say die attitude is what is keeping the team in touch with the rest with all the injuries,my side note is Brooks is a real goer and gets in with the shoulder my prediction is watch this kid rip it up in the second half of the comp!

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 17 May, 2014 8:38 pm

Have to agree on all fronts and Rowe is gaining plenty of experience in all this.
Moltzen simply does not have a place in this side , Austin for Anasta
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sat 17 May, 2014 8:42 pm

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Rowe has played 3 terrible games and 2 OK games. Scored zero tries in 5 games. Missed tackles letting bombs bounce....Moltzen is miles ahead of Rowe.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 17 May, 2014 8:45 pm

Didn't realize that scoring tries was an indicator of ones form.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 17 May, 2014 8:52 pm

Irvine wrote:Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Rowe has played 3 terrible games and 2 OK games. Scored zero tries in 5 games. Missed tackles letting bombs bounce....Moltzen is miles ahead of Rowe.

It's hard for a young bloke to come into grade and have immediate success , his first three games were ok but nothing special , his last two games have been a massive improvement . I reckon he's got some x - factor in him and we'll see what he can really do very soon !
As for MOLTZEN ... You're having a gee up surley ? I wouldn't even let him walk my dog !

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 17 May, 2014 8:57 pm

Moltzen is miles ahead of Rowe??? Sorry Irvine, we went metric in the 70's. Maybe in line dancing where sideways moves are the norm, but running straight and taking on the line, Rowe is Kilometres in front.
"Quality Stupidity"

willow

Post by willow » Sat 17 May, 2014 9:48 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
Irvine wrote:Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Rowe has played 3 terrible games and 2 OK games. Scored zero tries in 5 games. Missed tackles letting bombs bounce....Moltzen is miles ahead of Rowe.

It's hard for a young bloke to come into grade and have immediate success , his first three games were ok but nothing special , his last two games have been a massive improvement . I reckon he's got some x - factor in him and we'll see what he can really do very soon !
As for MOLTZEN ... You're having a gee up surley ? I wouldn't even let him walk my dog !

Rowe has definitely shown improvement since coming into FG. I still don't think he's a world beater but he's putting his body on the line moreso than Moltzen would.

TJL

Post by TJL » Sat 17 May, 2014 9:49 pm

I must say when they were 10 down I thought that was it and in previous years that would have been the case. Pleasantly surprise atm. :o

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sat 17 May, 2014 10:14 pm

Agree with the original post - lot of ticker tonight.

Regarding Rowe, the jury is obviously still out. One thing I will say for him - he is great under the high ball. He has been rock solid at the back taking the high ball.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 17 May, 2014 10:23 pm

I like the fight in the team but there's so much to work on defensively, and a bit more to do attack wise (but that's still looking alright especially once Tedesco returns).

We're defending hard, we're defending gritty. But we're not defending SMART.

we get caught out of position just that little bit too much, our body positions are slightly compromised at the wrong time. For example, the way Ava was holding onto the sharkie tonight, he easily slipped off for a split second and we're down 6 points. A few other times we opened up very easily with one player being 1 metre to the left or someone being missing allowing them to carve us up down the middle.

It's been happening all season and it's something we need to stop and instill discipline and awareness of where we and the man next to us is, in a fast paced environment.

no clue how to do it, but thankfully that's not my job.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 18 May, 2014 7:55 am

A few blokes went off a bit early about Rowe. I am really pleased he is proving them wrong. Kudos to Mr Potter for sticking with him....not sure he would have got the same chances under the previous regime.

I don't think you can be too harsh on the mistakes we are making. We have a young team fighting like tigers and have been dealt a poor hand with injuries (and we have an imposter at 6). If we can get a bit of a run with no injuries, i think our confidence will grow immensely.

Next week swap Austin and Anasta.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 18 May, 2014 8:47 am

My opinion, for what it's worth, is we would have lost last nights game if Benji was in the team.

Watching him in the earlier TV game and seeing our guys knuckle down convinced me that we did the right thing and granted his release. Last night I think he would've demanded the ball more and more with time running out and gone for the Hail Mary plays.

Potter has these guys playing solid percentage footy with a bit of ticker. Brooks would have been shunted out of the way by Benji, instead Brooks get the MOM.

Well done guys. Ave Benji

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Sun 18 May, 2014 8:51 am

Great to see a bit of fight .... As for Rowe .... The jury's definitely still out.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sun 18 May, 2014 9:02 am

refreshing to see the team maintaining the rage until the siren is sounded.
you can see the difference since their has been some player changes in the team.
a good mixture of youthful enthusiasm and experience, which encourages and spurs on all.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D