Happy / sad

jirskyr

Happy / sad

Post by jirskyr » Sun 18 May, 2014 1:18 am

Typical Tigers game tonight, patchy and made me sweat through the whole 80 mins.

HAPPY
1. The patience and self-belief to turn around a 10 point deficit within a quarter of the match.

2. Return of first-choice players brings a much better balance to the side.

3. Brooksie really took the game by the scruff of the neck, totally outplayed Carney.

4. Return of Farah, he just has so many variations to his game, opposition is never comfortable.

5. Finally figuring out to run traffic at Carney consistently to set up our come back.

6. The continued improvement of Rowe. Miles and miles to go, and I've been a huge critic, but I can't deny he has improved both of his last two games.

7. The pep of Blake Austin - has some weak moments, but he is just pure energy and threat every minute he's on field.

8. Work of Adam Blair - so good to see this guy make effective hitups and strong tackles, I wonder what took him so long to find it.

9. The power of Nofo in a hitup - Sharks were all over his dummy runs tonight but he still made plenty of metres, including a 20m restart where he carried Gallen and two others to the 30.

10. Rowdy Lawrence continuing to chalk up the big metres and finally finding himself in open space for the tryline.

11. Richards outrunning Robson, even though the try was disallowed.

12. Jono Wright knocking-on cold after a great Beau Ryan bust, made my night.

13. Sharks diabolical last-tackle options for the final 10 minutes. Seriously they may have been better off not rushing Carney back.

14. Perfect worm-burners into touch on tackle 5 by multiple kickers.

15. Heighno having a strong game - still like the bloke, even if he doesn't play for us any more.

SAD
1. Despite being rusty, Farah still needs to learn how to take more sensible options in clutch positions. He's a class player, no doubt, but Cameron Smith has him totally covered for smart plays at the key moments. The two face-balls he threw for Sue and Bodene were horrible; the latter at 78:43, 4th tackle, was incredibly disappointing.

2. Braith Anasta - one good hit-up, the rest was bollocks.

3. Tagatese try - no player should ever score from a standing start, 10 out, against a set line. We let these ones in and we can kiss any finals aspirations goodbye.

4. Ruck control - for about 30 mins in the middle of the game, Sharks had us reeling up the middle, very poor control of the PTB and messy defence, players lying about and falling off tackles.

5. Letting Beau Ryan through from dummy half - I don't care if you are offside, if he makes the advantage line you don't hold your hands in the air and back off, you take him down.

6. Marty Taupau baited by Gallen - I admire the intention to dominate Gal, but he got sucked into several penalties and some missed tackles.

7. Failing to spread the ball wide earlier and more often - Sharks showed good line speed and for a good while shut down our advance in and around the ruck. They are a quality pack, it's their backline that stinks.

8. On behalf of Sharks fans, that Patto try. He could have driven a truck through that hole; Brooksie held up a lovely pass, but the read by the Sharks right was horrible.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 18 May, 2014 8:31 am

Excellent summary. Hard to expect an 80min performance from a young team with some many players returning from injury and some many new combinations.

I actually though Anasta had one of his better games tonight.....shows had poorly i rated some of his other games. Potter is no dunce. He will make the right call on Anasta when the team is ready. Must be very close to shifting him back to the bench.

coolcat

Post by coolcat » Sun 18 May, 2014 8:45 am

I was happy the tigers kept playing the whole night.

I was said for the fitness of the overall team

And some of the cheap penalties our forwards gave

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 18 May, 2014 9:33 am

I'm sad that the dozens of half chances that Brooks has made haven't come off. He's seriously a coin toss away from blinders every round but slips after breaking the line, or has a chip miraculously plucked out of the air.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 18 May, 2014 9:43 am

Brooks will get more space when we increase the threats on our edges (sirro, patterson?).

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 18 May, 2014 9:55 am

MacDougall wrote:I'm sad that the dozens of half chances that Brooks has made haven't come off. He's seriously a coin toss away from blinders every round but slips after breaking the line, or has a chip miraculously plucked out of the air.
so true, i feel like the opposition are 100% ready for him cause they know what he can produce. And he's probably been a little unlucky too sometimes, he'll come good in the back end of the season.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 18 May, 2014 9:59 am

larrycorowa wrote:Brooks will get more space when we increase the threats on our edges (sirro, patterson?).
I see Sirro as the player that will make a huge difference to the team. Not only for his individual attacking game, but the focus he will take off Brooks and others. I hope he can improve his defence a little and become a complete player.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 18 May, 2014 10:54 am

I was happy with the 2.25

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 18 May, 2014 10:57 am

Sad Our kicking game was pretty ordinary last night

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 18 May, 2014 11:05 am

Sad: We were a little off our game.
Happy: We can improve a lot from that and we will.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 18 May, 2014 11:40 am

Great post but you forgot the most important point.

Happy: WE WON!

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 18 May, 2014 12:20 pm

tig_prmz wrote:Great post but you forgot the most important point.

Happy: WE WON!

Yes, any win is a good win.