Referees

larrycorowa

Referees

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 18 May, 2014 9:27 am

I had my doubts initially but I thought the referees earned a pass mark tonight. Yes, they got a few calls wrong but none were game changing.

Easy to be intimated down there with Gallen and Co. coming at you all night. But they stood up to him well and got most things correct.

credit to Gavin Morris.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 18 May, 2014 10:03 am

In the last couple of years I literally thought the game was being rigged by the refs. The least I can say for them is that this year I don't feel that way anymore, more that it's just incompetence.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 18 May, 2014 10:08 am

MacDougall wrote:In the last couple of years I literally thought the game was being rigged by the refs. The least I can say for them is that this year I don't feel that way anymore, more that it's just incompetence.
tell me about it, for example i got the feeling in SOO II 2013 they wanted it to go to game 3. It would have gone there anyway cause NSW played so poorly, but the refs really helped it along in the first 10-15minutes.

These days i can see they're trying but they're simply s***... Wouldnt mind the bunker idea implemented to have some more consistency with video ref decisions.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 18 May, 2014 10:50 am

I always had questions when we went to 2 referees

The more officials you have the more they can influence results

Last night I thought the Sharks got the rough end of the pineapple , barring the forward pass from Gallen leading to Gordon's try

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 18 May, 2014 3:48 pm

Didn't like how the allowed Cronulla to slow the game down to their speed.

spearby

Post by spearby » Sun 18 May, 2014 4:21 pm

as a lover of rugby league I cant believe how refs are killing our game .when 2 refs were named I was one who thought it would help the game what a load of rubbish the game is going backwards the refs are killing it.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 18 May, 2014 6:03 pm

Magpie Magic wrote:Didn't like how the allowed Cronulla to slow the game down to their speed.

Eh we were both guilty of it. If anything the Sharks were doing it just because we were getting away with it and were finding it tougher than us.

Actually the wrestling ability is something I've seen improvement in. We're slowing down the ruck and getting away with it.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 18 May, 2014 6:28 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Magpie Magic wrote:Didn't like how the allowed Cronulla to slow the game down to their speed.

Eh we were both guilty of it. If anything the Sharks were doing it just because we were getting away with it and were finding it tougher than us.

Actually the wrestling ability is something I've seen improvement in. We're slowing down the ruck and getting away with it.
Thankyou D.Kidwell!
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 18 May, 2014 7:34 pm

I thought the referring was good.

I thought both Wade Graham and Gallen were cry babies and needed to pull their heads in.
Shame.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.