Stripes across my heart/old theme song

helmesy

Re: Stripes across my heart/old theme song

Post by helmesy » Mon 14 Nov, 2011 7:43 am

And for the record the Balmain theme song on YouTube is the traditional song, the song relating to this thread doesnt seem to be anywhere on the net - I know I used to have it on tape but that was years ago.

If anyone else has it on tape feel free to send it to me and I can turn it into an mp3.

Some of the lyrics, to perhaps get the memory working were...

I'm a Tiger, I'm a Tiger
I'm the master of the field
I'm a Tiger, I'm a Tiger
And I'm scratching at your heels
I'm a Tiger, I'm a Tiger
Fearless, proud and smart
I've got courage in my blood
And stripes across my heart

The spirit is alive
The spirit is alive
Were keeping it strong so it wont die
Yeah the Tiger spirit is alive

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 14 Nov, 2011 9:59 am

I remember it Helmesy. Hated it then, hate it now! That annoying high pitched "I'm a Tiger! I'm a Tiger" I can still hear in my head.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Mon 14 Nov, 2011 10:48 am

Yossarian wrote:I remember it Helmesy. Hated it then, hate it now! That annoying high pitched "I'm a Tiger! I'm a Tiger" I can still hear in my head.
At least we only used it for two years!

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 14 Nov, 2011 10:54 am

helmesy wrote:
Yossarian wrote:I remember it Helmesy. Hated it then, hate it now! That annoying high pitched "I'm a Tiger! I'm a Tiger" I can still hear in my head.
At least we only used it for two years!
Yep. Tough times. Sydney Tigers, Parramatta Stadium, Strips across my heart... The not-so-nice 90s...

Chris

Post by Chris » Fri 18 Nov, 2011 1:14 pm

I have it. If you want it, PM me.

darkie

Post by darkie » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 4:17 pm

Suzie-Q wrote:
cunno wrote:This is something the club should work on 'an official club song' the words of which reflect a little on the past of Wests and Balmain perhaps but is mostly about the Wests Tigers of today and the future. The club should start a competition!!
Definitely a good idea.

Hi all,
Don't get a chance to post too often, but I do read most posts when I can.
Now that I have an iPad, I should be able to put my views across more often :D

Regarding the club song, I agree with cunno & Susie-Q, we do need a new song.
It would be great to be singing our song as we walk from the stadium victors (which will be many times this year)
I hate dragqueen supporters, but envy that they sing "marching in" after a lucky win or the bulldogs with their woof woof song, the best IMO is the most hated teams song...... eagle rock..... even I sing that one :shock: under my breath of course :lol:

When I win the $100mil lottery, I will buy wests & have a competition for a song!

Go wests, top 2 finish 2012

PS hope it's ok to post in the jungle

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 04 Jan, 2012 4:32 pm

Post away... In fact post early and often...

Eye of the Tiger is a MUCH better song than Eagle Rock. Especially as a song to inspire fans. And every single team in Australia with Saint in their name has "When the Saints Go Marching In" as their song. Typical of the lack of originality and inspiration that club is known for...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 05 Jan, 2012 1:03 am

I want a song that going to make me want to lace on the boots when I'm 90

You can't sing eye of the tiger as a group its a little lame

Have a song like "You'll never walk alone" something that make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck and brings a tear to the eye

Something when 20000 plus fans sing it that inspire the boys when they are doing it tough or need to lift

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 05 Jan, 2012 9:10 am

happy tiger wrote:I want a song that going to make me want to lace on the boots when I'm 90

You can't sing eye of the tiger as a group its a little lame

Have a song like "You'll never walk alone" something that make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck and brings a tear to the eye

Something when 20000 plus fans sing it that inspire the boys when they are doing it tough or need to lift
I reckon that's an awesome idea Happy. YNWA is synonymous with Liverpool FC. You hear it and you know you're at (or watching,) Anfield.

It would be fantastic to have a song similar to that for ourselves.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 05 Jan, 2012 9:17 am

Nothing better than an old Rogers and Hammerstein show tune to get the crowd going... Are you guys Liverpool fans? Personally I think it reflects the different types of games NRL and soccer/football are. One his a fist pumping heart racing rock song and the other is an old musical number with a slow beat.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 05 Jan, 2012 10:02 am

Hell no Yoss, I despise Liverpool! Red Devils all the way, and Happy is a Hammers fan IIRC?

But I agree with Happy is getting at, we need a tune that could become our own YNWA. Obviously doesn't have to be a slow beat song, it could be anything... But when people hear it they should automatically associate it with WT.

I would prefer if the original Eye of the Tiger is used over the Wests Tigers version, the WT one is pretty hammy IMO.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Thu 05 Jan, 2012 12:29 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Hell no Yoss, I despise Liverpool! Red Devils all the way, and Happy is a Hammers fan IIRC?

But I agree with Happy is getting at, we need a tune that could become our own YNWA. Obviously doesn't have to be a slow beat song, it could be anything... But when people hear it they should automatically associate it with WT.

I would prefer if the original Eye of the Tiger is used over the Wests Tigers version, the WT one is pretty hammy IMO.
I'd probably agree with that - the orignal is better. Everytime I hear EOTT I associate it with WT and I think that is growing with the general public all the time.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 8:09 pm

Wests Tigers are not Balmain so this Stripes song should not be the Wests Tigers song.

Thanks.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 8:17 pm

I still think it would be innovative for the club to run a competition people could nominate existing songs or write a new one. If they want to promote member and supporter involvement it is an option.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 11:36 pm

Eye of the Tiger is good, with the lyrics changed to Wests Tigers.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Tue 07 Feb, 2012 11:37 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:Eye of the Tiger is good, with the lyrics changed to Wests Tigers.

Theblack&whitetiger

Post by Theblack&whitetiger » Mon 13 Feb, 2012 9:34 am

Well i was thinking: we are the boys from the wests tigers, come along and give a cheer, we are the greatest football players, the rugby league team of the year...............................

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 13 Feb, 2012 11:46 am

Theblack&whitetiger wrote:Well i was thinking: we are the boys from the wests tigers, come along and give a cheer, we are the greatest football players, the rugby league team of the year...............................
Please... save it for the many other Balmain v Wests threads...