The Jungle

MattsWesttigers

The Jungle

Unread post by MattsWesttigers » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 5:44 pm

It seems my last post on this category went unnoticed, so i'll try again glad most of yous agree that we need to get behind our team and i still feel this is one of the best ways to do it as for my farah song suggestion i know it's not good i stole it from jamie carraghers song but i thought if i gave it a ago a few more people would try and make some songs

As people have said before if we can get one brave person to start these chants (i'm 16 so nobody will start singing if i go first) then i'm confident more people will get involved all we need is to print the songs out on paper and hand them to the "Jungle fans" as they walk in

So if anyone here will be in "The Jungle" this season and they feel this is a good idea feel free to help get this organised by just printing out some songs we can sing or even starting the chants.

Song suggestion we can borrow from is the Sydney Fc song.. S-Y-D-N-E-Y We are Sydney till we die with a knick knack paddy wack give a dog a bone why dont (opposite team) just piss off home so instead of S-Y-D-N-E-Y just change it to T-I-G-E-R-S i also believe hull city tigers in the epl sing it to

When The west go marching in would be another good song aswell

and lastly a simple chant the whole stadium can do with ease
COME ON TIGERS ... COME ON TIGERS... COME ON TIGERS this one should atleast last more then 30 seconds not 10 seconds like our old chants Thoughts everybody ?

turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by turnstyle » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 6:13 pm

Ah, man I just typed out a big response and then lost it all when I submitted! Don't you hate that?!
In short, I think football-style chanting is awesome and creates a fantastic atmosphere. If the tigers could be the first league team to have fans create this atmosphere it would be great and I'm sure other clubs would follow suit.
For chants to catch on though I think you'd need a cheer squad or large group to get things started, eg, like the Glory have (the shed). Also, it's not the traditional way for league supporters, but it's a great initiative. Good luck!

phil1986
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by phil1986 » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 8:12 pm

MattsWesttigers wrote:It seems my last post on this category went unnoticed, so i'll try again glad most of yous agree that we need to get behind our team and i still feel this is one of the best ways to do it as for my farah song suggestion i know it's not good i stole it from jamie carraghers song but i thought if i gave it a ago a few more people would try and make some songs

As people have said before if we can get one brave person to start these chants (i'm 16 so nobody will start singing if i go first) then i'm confident more people will get involved all we need is to print the songs out on paper and hand them to the "Jungle fans" as they walk in

So if anyone here will be in "The Jungle" this season and they feel this is a good idea feel free to help get this organised by just printing out some songs we can sing or even starting the chants.

Song suggestion we can borrow from is the Sydney Fc song.. S-Y-D-N-E-Y We are Sydney till we die with a knick knack paddy wack give a dog a bone why dont (opposite team) just piss off home so instead of S-Y-D-N-E-Y just change it to T-I-G-E-R-S i also believe hull city tigers in the epl sing it to

COME ON TIGERS ... COME ON TIGERS... COME ON TIGERS this one should atleast last more then 30 seconds not 10 seconds like our old chants Thoughts everybody ?
One step at a time mate, I'm keen on the idea, but do remember seeing the jungle with about 10 people in it.

First get the people in, then you will have the support for the chant!

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Unread post by Guest » Mon 13 Jan, 2014 8:27 pm

MattsWesttigers wrote:It seems my last post on this category went unnoticed, so i'll try again glad most of yous agree that we need to get behind our team and i still feel this is one of the best ways to do it as for my farah song suggestion i know it's not good i stole it from jamie carraghers song but i thought if i gave it a ago a few more people would try and make some songs

Mate a lot of stuff goes unnoticed. Don't expect to get a reply every time u post

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Jan, 2014 8:21 pm

Someone mentioned Jimmy Barnes as a fan

What about 80's pop superstar and part time kids performer Anthony Field

How about rewording Here Comes Santa to Here Comes the Tigers to the same tune

On a serious note , Jimmy Barnes does a great version to the AC DC classic "Long Way to the Top " and its a beloved song of most

Can Sheens play the bagpipes ??

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by cktiger » Tue 21 Jan, 2014 8:05 am

Unfortunately most people are forgetting the real reason soccer supporters chant and sing throughout half the game - to keep themselves awake.
By singing during the long,drab, passing plays and scoreless numbness it helps ease the boredom .
I'm not against a chant of 'Tigers' gaining in tempo and volume as we build pressure on an opposition team but can't see the reason for a constant stream of singing and silly chants.
The reason it doesn't work at league matches is because there's usually something 'happening' on the field that demands your attention.
In between you are taking a bite out of your pie or a swig of your beer.
However I can see Souths supporters becoming big singers/chanters.
Most of them just put on the red and green to be with like minded simpletons who have no idea what's happening on the field.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 136 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 15 Mar, 2014 7:31 am

So why did I see you all on the march just after halftime last week, moving from one bay to another?

A NaZis tell yous to P off??

Return to “Supporter Groups, Interstate & International Fans”