The words that inspired NSW's hard fought win (Good Read!)

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: The words that inspired NSW's hard fought win (Good Read

Unread post by cktiger » Sat 03 Jan, 2015 1:25 pm

I think you are rewriting history with maroon glasses, happy. :lol:
Are you talking about Michael O'Connor?
Born in NSW and played rugby union in Canberra before a short stint (still in union) up your way.
First league games were for St George when he switched codes.
Nagas was somehow eligible for both states (different eligibility rules then) and chose NSW.
Most who have swapped have had grey areas regards eligibility - the exception being Greg Inglis who is a proven turncoat and Judas to anyone with NSW blood.

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 03 Jan, 2015 1:42 pm

Nagas had played in the Fraser Coast comp and he was definitely a Qlder

People scream foul over Qld but some NSW supporters have short memories

A bloke NSW supporters never would of heard of was Peter Dawes , he was a 7 who played for Wynnum Manly in the great Wynnum sides of the 80 's with Lewis ,Miles ,Dowling ,Lindner ,Colin Scott etc

When Mark murray blinded himself ,Qld were going to pick Dawes as the 7 , but were told he had qualified for NSW because he had played under another name in a Far NSW comp before joining Wynnum

But as his own name he had only played juniors for that club making him ineligible (under the actual rules of the time )

But then again we got lucky , they went with some no name fair headed blonde dwarf from Ipswich who went OK occasionally

cktiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by cktiger » Sat 03 Jan, 2015 4:30 pm

Nagas had a choice, happy.
He even said later he should have chosen QLD (probably after his Bundy mate Meninga got in his ear)
The sooner they make it clear cut the better - and I don't necessarily agree it should be simply based on your birthplace.

happy tiger
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 68 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 03 Jan, 2015 4:36 pm

cktiger wrote:Nagas had a choice, happy.
He even said later he should have chosen QLD (probably after his Bundy mate Meninga got in his ear)
The sooner they make it clear cut the better - and I don't necessarily agree it should be simply based on your birthplace.
Simplest way in my opinion is when you first register as a junior footballer your given a choice on the registration form and that's that

It is registered and locked in

And there is no changing

At least that way no one can accuse either the QRL or the NSWRL of cheating

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 03 Jan, 2015 9:06 pm

happy tiger wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote:for 2015 - how are about these words of inspiration - "we can win"
You might want to change that

We can win , if Cronk is injured again

Anyway you blokes can't be claiming that SOO series since it has been proven you had a drug cheat playing for you

Probably should be stripped and replayed in a six game series this year :D
We are allowed one drug cheat under the same rules that allow qld to play unlimited numbers of salary cap cheats, (at least 3 at last count, including their Captain Bring in players in players from other competitions i.e. Langer. And play a vast number of players who's closest ties to qld was a holiday at Surfers with Mum And Dad when they werein primary school. Aren't glass house a bummer???? Lol
I suppose the one question you would have to ask is why Qlders would give their left and right to play for Qld and why New South Welshmen want to play for Qld and not get the cattle dog on big time ??

Says a lot I reckon
Mal must have a big bucket to pay them out of , to take them to the Dark Side, plus Cammie &Billy probably run courses in how to get two ( or more) contracts per year and still look sqeaky clean.
That's enough to make anyone change loyalties.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 03 Jan, 2015 9:19 pm

Anyway Guys the two words that will have the biggest impact on the winning of this years series are these , from Shayne Hayne

"I Resign".

And every NSW supporter immediately fell to the ground and thanked Heaven . There is a Footy God after All !!!!!!

wd in perth
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 11:32 pm

happy tiger wrote:
cktiger wrote:Nagas had a choice, happy.
Simplest way in my opinion is when you first register as a junior footballer your given a choice on the registration form and that's that

It is registered and locked in

And there is no changing

At least that way no one can accuse either the QRL or the NSWRL of cheating
Ok, so it'll be state of choice not state of origin.

Tiger In The Gong

Unread post by Tiger In The Gong » Wed 03 Jun, 2015 11:50 pm

I lived in Bundy and Nagas was a Bundy boy.

Return to “Supporter Groups, Interstate & International Fans”