Kids Footy

happy tiger

Re: Kids Footy

Post by happy tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 6:01 pm

Boys last night put the cleaners through their bogey side Boyne Island Tannums Sands Seagulls 32-12

In the 6 years they boys have played BITS , their first win against them was in the semi final last year

Young fella suffered his first concussion last night , hopefully it was the last , he will miss next weeks game against the beaten Grand Finalist from last year

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 7:17 pm

We've moved across to qld recently. Young bloke is playing under 16s. There's some massive kids. Had two trials and looking forward to the season ahead. Go you shearers!

This year my youngest is also starting. Under 9s for him. He's fired up. But let's see how he goes.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 9:18 am

Doc Tiger wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 7:17 pm
We've moved across to qld recently. Young bloke is playing under 16s. There's some massive kids. Had two trials and looking forward to the season ahead. Go you shearers!

This year my youngest is also starting. Under 9s for him. He's fired up. But let's see how he goes.
Who are the shearers Doc ??

Young fellas team play tomorrow evening , quick dash home for the WT's after He hasn't had any headaches this week and the family Dr thinks he will be OK to play

The team they play they didn't match up well against last season

I think from memory in the 3 games they got done 152-6 but as we have learnt from our own WT's , new season , different results

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:17 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 17 Mar, 2018 6:01 pm
Boys last night put the cleaners through their bogey side Boyne Island Tannums Sands Seagulls 32-12

In the 6 years they boys have played BITS , their first win against them was in the semi final last year

Young fella suffered his first concussion last night , hopefully it was the last , he will miss next weeks game against the beaten Grand Finalist from last year
Obviously benefiting from getting rid of the dud Assistant Coach..

Get well soon happy jnr..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:25 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:17 am
happy tiger wrote:

Yeah , had to work the last 2 Friday's

Lucky me gets to return for Valley's :shock:

Some parents will probably literally try and throw me out of the Grandstand :roll

He's playing , this week the family Dr cleared him , he is loving being back in the forwards :supporter:

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:58 am

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:25 am
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Some parents will probably literally try and throw me out of the Grandstand :roll

He's playing , this week the family Dr cleared him , he is loving being back in the forwards :supporter:
Do all the kids in your sons team look at you in awe knowing you could torp a leather ball 50 meters ?
:lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 12:22 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:58 am
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 11:25 am
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Do all the kids in your sons team look at you in awe knowing you could torp a leather ball 50 meters ?
:lol:
No not really , more surprised I could almost kick as far with my left foot as my right foot

Don't like the newer balls , they are too light , only good thing you can really get to move around a lot more when you put up bombs

Not that I was any good at goal kicking , but the newer balls seems to travel straighter , not that the seem to like the old toe pokers , but the sweet spot seems bigger at the toe than leather balls

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:41 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 9:18 am
Doc Tiger wrote:

Young fellas team play tomorrow evening , quick dash home for the WT's after He hasn't had any headaches this week and the family Dr thinks he will be OK to play

I think from memory in the 3 games they got done 152-6 but as we have learnt from our own WT's , new season , different results
Ormeau Shearers my friend. I think we're the northern most club on the Gold Coast - coud be wrong. But Im pretty sure Beenleigh is in the Brissy league and they're the next club north as far as I know.

By the way, my young fella has just been cleared as well. He was knocked out playing fullback against Logan recently.

But he's back on the wing out of traffic for a while. They treat head knocks pretty damn seriously at this club which his great.

Next is Friday night against Runaway Bay so we'll miss the tigers again. It's another trial (if the weather allows a game.) Last weeks against Robina was washed out. :x

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:48 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 10:41 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Mar, 2018 9:18 am
Doc Tiger wrote:

Ormeau Shearers my friend. I think we're the northern most club on the Gold Coast - coud be wrong. But Im pretty sure Beenleigh is in the Brissy league and they're the next club north as far as I know.

By the way, my young fella has just been cleared as well. He was knocked out playing fullback against Logan recently.

But he's back on the wing out of traffic for a while. They treat head knocks pretty damn seriously at this club which his great.

Next is Friday night against Runaway Bay so we'll miss the tigers again. It's another trial (if the weather allows a game.) Last weeks against Robina was washed out. :x
yeah I'd reckon your right about Beenleigh

Hope your young fella has a win tomorrow night as well Hope all the WT's fans young fellas have a ripper weekend on the field

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 8:03 pm

Bit of a heartbreaker for the boys beaten 20-14

Kicked kick offs out on the full twice , Valleys scored off both

The boys have improved massively on last year , a few have had growth spurts , that is for sure

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 10:48 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:

Have your guys actually had a competition game yet this year, my g/son is at Helensvale and so far wehavent had a single game,
I know that we’ve had a lot of rain this season, but our esteemed Council have had plenty of times when the fields have been fine to play on, they’ve closed the grounds again yesterday for this weekend.
I went past Helensvale and Coomera,s fields today and there pretty good. It’s crazy.
I was speaking to a mate in the council admin. A few days ago and he reckons that the Council is more worried that the grounds are looking perfect for our o/seas visitors than they are about kids
sport.
So a second rate ( in most sports anyway) Overblown sports carnival takes precedence over young kids sport, just so a bunch of paid amateurs , quite a few of which are souped up on whatever the newest drug is around there days, have nice green fields to park their cars on,

That’s the irony of it all, most of the sports fields are going to be parking lots. Three guesses what damage will be caused by being churned over by a few thousand carsweve been told that the kids will be back on them about 2 weeks after the games . Yeah right
We’ve had two trials to select our divisions in the 12’s.
And the schools have barely been able to trial kids for thr South Coast carnival which is nearly here.

You’re right about the number of big boppers, in all grades, Anyway , welcome to the Gold Coast
There’s some good kids around here, you’ll see some good games, cheers

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 10:57 pm

We were supposed to be playing this evening in runaway bay but was called off at the last minute.
We've had a trial game at kawana waters and one at Logan. And now the last two canned. They could have played tonight. The rain hasn't been that bad. I don't know if there's an agenda being adhered to, but it's a bit suss

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 11:43 pm

Its ridiculous , the amount of games washed out up here

I can't even remember a game getting washed out when we played in my day

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:36 am

Our boys play there 4th trial game today .
Despite all the rain the fields look like Wembley stadium and the line marking is perfect thanks to yours truly !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 1:06 am

hobbo wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 12:36 am
Despite all the rain the fields look like Wembley stadium and the line marking is perfect thanks to yours truly !
Good work Forrest ;)

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 1:08 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 1:06 am
hobbo wrote:
Good work Forrest ;)
Thanks Jenny !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 1:11 am

hobbo wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 1:08 am
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
Good work Forrest ;)
Thanks Jenny !
You been doing your Robbie Fowler impersonations again

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 1:17 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 1:11 am
hobbo wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 1:08 am
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo wrote:
Good work Forrest ;)
Thanks Jenny !
You been doing your Robbie Fowler impersonations again
Nah but I can do a brilliant David Beckham ...
Fowler was a good player , now go to bed ffs :D
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !