Kids Footy

happy tiger

Re: Kids Footy

Unread post by happy tiger » Fri 10 Jun, 2016 7:29 pm

Boys got rolled by last years premiers 18-4 tonight

They are a real well coached unit , their defence is tight as for Under 12's , almost like a mini Melbourne side

We had so much ball and could only score once from a kick and looked like we were back in the match , unfortunately we missed the easy shot at goal that would of got us back to within 6 at that stage

I still reckon we can beat them , just need to put our best footy together when it counts

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 26 Jun, 2016 10:00 am

Touch footy GF the other day Junior plays for the Panthers and they played the Tigers

The same team they played 2 weeks ago lapped them 13-4 with them playing one player short , they are older boys and quick as sin

Anyway the boys overcame a 5-2 deficit at HT time to win 7-6 against a full strength side

Amazing win by the boys , they are playing in an Under 15 comp and they are all either 12 or 13

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 04 Jul, 2016 6:27 pm

Boys have a big weekend of footy with the Jason Hetherington Cup coming up

30 teams from throughout Qld , 9 games in 2 days not counting semis

Boys made the finals last year , hopefully we can find a way to repeat last years efforts

Tough group , 2 of last years semi finalist are in our group

We drew a team who I think is coached (they have brought two sides , not sure ) by someone I have clashed badly with in the past 30 years ......

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 07 Jul, 2016 8:37 pm

Well it all starts tomorrow , hopefully the boys put up a good show

First day I reckon we are a show of winning 4/5 and then it will come down to how we pull up and injuries on the 2nd day when we play the big guns

Anyone who might be interested can track the boys results on Foxsportingpulse under Jason Hetherington Cup , Gladstone Brothers are in Group 2

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Fri 08 Jul, 2016 8:17 pm

Boys finished 3/5 but the top 2 sides in the group gave it to us

Toowoomba Brothers have 4 state players and their 6 is just silky , tore us apart

Caboolture are my favourites to win it , they beat Gladstone best side Valley's in a tight tussle

We have the best record of all the Gladstone sides , but will probably need to go undefeated tomorrow to make the semis because of the Toowoomba beating

Turns out some of the sides I thought would be good weren't crash hot and vice versa

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 7:03 am

First up this morning is a name many might be interested in

We V the Wests Tigers of Mackay

wd in perth
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 10:08 am

Great to read the kids are still out there having a great time on the footy field. Our fellas have only been able to play on occasions due to a lack of teams in the comp. There's just 4 this year, so it seems we play one, miss one which is really annoying. Freo roosters are a class above us currently and we're yet to knock them off after 3 attempts, but if our forwards can tighten up in the middle, we just might give them a scare next time around. We're getting closer. My young fella is playing centre of late and loving it. Hoping to go to a coaching clinic next week when the sea eagles come over this way next week. Wondering if he can get a few tips off Jamie Lyon - that'd be nice.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 09 Jul, 2016 3:55 pm

Such an exciting start to the day finished with a whimper

After winning against WT's Mackay on a count back , we lost the last three and had some bad injuries to boot , one of my favourite players got taken in an ambulance with a neck injury , pretty scary stuff when you see their parents crying next to their son whose feet is strapped together and his head being held still

Hap choked up when I went to speak to the young fella and his parents , I'd just given him my MOTM votes for the last two games and the old voice cracked when I told him how well he had played

Come the last game v the Pirates we still could make Top 4 had we won but got belted again

At least we got some good news at the end of the final game when the young fella got cleared of a neck injury and just a mild concussion

I think I'll get the sack as defensive coach , we leaked some points today

Happy Jr battled a corked calve from the final game of yesterday and was found out regularly with his lack of movement

wd in perth

Unread post by wd in perth » Sat 16 Jul, 2016 8:06 pm

What a shocker of an experience Hap. Seeing kids injured is always a bit of a worry, but necks, well it goes without saying that must have been just awful to watch.
Defensive coach - me thinks David Kidwell could be looking for a gig soon, so you probably need to lift your game there.
With the manly vs warriors game here, there was a promo for the under 6s to under 14s which was an hour long ball skills training session at NIB stadium with the first grade stars. In short, it was very poorly run. There were numerous stations to get to for various exercises but they were very much geared towards the really young kids. The older ones got very little out of the day training wise which was a shame. A large tent was one of the stations which was where the players were, but some training groups didn't get there as time didn't permit, so no photos, and no signings for the older kids. Super disappointed with that. On a positive note, my young fella did manage to quickly shake Marty Tapaus hand and he also got to take 2 shots at goal with Shaun Johnson. They were sideline conversion attempts off a training cone with johno filming on his camera. Deal was if they kicked the goal, it was going on social media. Well my son kicked it. Don't know which medium, or how long it was up for, but he did it. And not to be outdone, johnson stepped up and curved one in beautifully from the same spot. WD junior enjoyed that, but a sig or two would have been nice. WARL really is ordinary at times.

wd in perth

Unread post by wd in perth » Sun 17 Jul, 2016 4:50 pm

Giants 62 Bulldogs 0

18 nil at half time, but the big boys were all over a tiring dogs team who tried hard.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Jul, 2016 12:08 am

Washed out this weekend , may have been a blessing , we played the top side , while the bottom side got the shared points v the number 2 side

I think I have mentioned the young girl who is the best prop in their age group , she dislocated her kneecap at the Jason Hetherington ,that will be her last game as she one becomes a referee

Very sad news , she a lovely kid and trains as hard as any boy and tackles as hard as any of the boys

wd in perth

Unread post by wd in perth » Tue 19 Jul, 2016 9:44 pm

Dislocated knee cap sounds like no fun at all.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 26 Jul, 2016 9:49 am

Boys got out to a good lead then to almost get run down again

Won 16-12

Goalkicking an issue 0/4

Assuming 1st beats 2nd this weekend and we beat the bottom side we will be back in equal 2nd and we then play the 2nd placed side the following week

wd in perth

Unread post by wd in perth » Wed 24 Aug, 2016 9:23 am

Its finals time and everyone gets a prize over here. 4 teams in the comp means all have made it. Not really sure if WT would have given the same odds though. :lol: There's just been one game this season in which we took the Roosters to the wire which was two weeks back. They downed us 28-26 with minutes to spare. they've been pumping everyone this year by a lot, so the form is good and we face them this week. Unfortunately, our main prop is away on holidays, so the boys really need to put in. Go Giants.

wd in perth

Unread post by wd in perth » Wed 31 Aug, 2016 3:04 am

Lost our other prop on the day of the game as well as our 6. The boys hung in there until half time at 12-4 but were trounced in the end by around 30. Hopefully next week they can take out the sharks earn another chance to tackle the Roosters.

wd in perth

Unread post by wd in perth » Thu 08 Sep, 2016 12:21 pm

Out in straight sets unfortunately. Rockingham knocked us off 20-14 in a great game. Better luck next year fellas.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 16 Jan, 2017 11:39 am

Hey all who might have juniors playing rugby league this season

Did anyone find it strange that for the first time the NRL are asking where the juniors players parents and Grandparents were born ??

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 23 Jan, 2017 12:07 am

Young fella has been picked in the rep side , got an email the other day

Time the little bugger got off the X Box and starts training LOL

Return to “Supporter Groups, Interstate & International Fans”