Sat 24 Mar, 2018 1:11 am
hobbo wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 1:08 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 1:06 am

Good work Forrest ;)
Thanks Jenny !
You been doing your Robbie Fowler impersonations again
Nah but I can do a brilliant David Beckham ...
Fowler was a good player , now go to bed ffs :D
Mate if you can do a brilliant Beckham you better wake up Posh ;)

And anyway , you have 58 reasons to go to bed and have nightmares :roll

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 1:29 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 1:20 am
hobbo wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 1:17 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 1:11 am
hobbo wrote:
Sat 24 Mar, 2018 1:08 am

Thanks Jenny !
You been doing your Robbie Fowler impersonations again
Nah but I can do a brilliant David Beckham ...
Fowler was a good player , now go to bed ffs :D
Mate if you can do a brilliant Beckham you better wake up Posh ;)

And anyway , you have 58 reasons to go to bed and have nightmares :roll
I'm on the couch ... Posh isn't what she used to be !
Your nightmare kicks in on Monday 12:30 am
And it will continue for at least a decade :roll
Offical member of the MCK fan club.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 7:21 am

Doc Tiger wrote:
Fri 23 Mar, 2018 10:57 pm
We were supposed to be playing this evening in runaway bay but was called off at the last minute.
We've had a trial game at kawana waters and one at Logan. And now the last two canned. They could have played tonight. The rain hasn't been that bad. I don't know if there's an agenda being adhered to, but it's a bit suss
The weird thing Is that the soccer fields tha I live next too newer seems to be closed except when it is actually teeming.
There’s been about 4 occasions when all grounds were closed but the soccer still played.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 24 Mar, 2018 7:29 am

Really? Well that makes no sense.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 31 Mar, 2018 9:52 am

Very hard to understand Doc
Helensvale finally were able to select u/12 Divisions this week but weren’t able to train again
We won’t actually get to play now till around the 17th of next month
(Weather and the Council willing)
But the council will be able to churn up the grounds that they use for parking, kids don’t matter too much to this Council and Govt.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 20 Apr, 2018 4:15 pm

We've had plenty of rain over the last 6 weeks or so. So much in fact, that the grounds have been closed more often than not. What really got to me was a few weeks back, our fields were given the ok so long as we treated them with care. We were told to train in appropriate areas and not to churn up the grass. So no problem, it was just great for the teams to be back on deck.
My boys team quite often goes overtime to get the most out of each session and given they're the last, it's not a problem.
So this particular evening, our kids had to be off by 6:30 on the dot, so - get this, the local AFL teams could use our grounds as theirs were too wet.
So here we are, sharing a soft field with a large number of people (and I mean a couple of hundred) and being told to get off our own fields!
I couldn't believe it.

But anyhow, some nice weather of late has allowed them to have a few weeks practice and tonight is game night. Bugger Broncs VS Storm, I'll be where the action is watching two teams of fired up under 16's go at it for round 1.

Ormeau Shearers VS Runaway Bay Seagulls

GO YOU SHEARERS! :righton:

Oh...and it's raining again.

To all the WTForumers that'll be attending another year of running the kids around, canteen duty, game day duty officials and coaches, trainers etc. Have a great season and hopefully your kids will enjoy themselves as much as you'll enjoy watching them growing and being active.

All the best team.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 9:54 pm

EB's side got up 28-12 this week , they had a few out injured and led 22-0 at HT

Other side had two out , one got a ban for swearing at the ref previous week and other has been banned indefinitely for causing $ 50 000 damage at his high school

Last week was a joke , they realized they had made a mistake with school holidays and put out a memo saying that if clubs wanted to change the game because of players away in school holidays

Other side could field a team , we couldn't so on Friday (game day ) they sent a message out saying the game was on

Because we had been at the Ginger Factory about 51/2 hours away and didn't get the message until much later we got back just as the game ended , fi we'd got the message earlier we could of made it

We had to play 7 underage kids to fill the side and just got beaten by 8

The big problem with GJRL is this , 2 forfeits and your team gets booted out of the comp and has been that way for many years in both Junior and Senior footy

Its stupid really , something like what happened to our boy happens and then they get a highly infectious disease later in the season and can't field a team .......

I went through this many years ago , two players travelling over the night before from Moura to Gladstone died on the Biloela range and we only had 9 show up next day and we forfeited

Sitting in the bar , an official comes over and tells us without an ounce of remorse (after every game had a minutes silence throughout the day/evening ) that another forfeit and we'd be kicked out

I can remember someone telling the official if he opened his mouth again he'd get knocked out

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:06 pm

:shock: what the heck?

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:22 pm

We had a great first up win in the wet. 18-10. Scored 4 very good tries but young Doc needs to be handed the ball to convert. Unfortunately, our right centre was taken away by ambo with a broken knee.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:31 pm

Yaayyy!
Finally, a real game of RL for the kids.
Helensvale 12s Div 1 team had a good win over Burleigh today.

It was good to see the kids get a proper game at last, although most of the kids were in the South Coast Rep team trials on Tuesday and Wednesday., with 7 of the team being selected.

There was some happy faces after so many made it

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:45 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:31 pm
Yaayyy!
Finally, a real game of RL for the kids.
Helensvale 12s Div 1 team had a good win over Burleigh today.

It was good to see the kids get a proper game at last, although most of the kids were in the South Coast Rep team trials on Tuesday and Wednesday., with 7 of the team being selected.

There was some happy faces after so many made it
wow, impressive!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:50 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:22 pm
We had a great first up win in the wet. 18-10. Scored 4 very good tries but young Doc needs to be handed the ball to convert. Unfortunately, our right centre was taken away by ambo with a broken knee.
Doc, that’s really bad l luck for the young guy, did you guys play at Burleigh
There was a young bloke hurt there and the ambulance was still there with him when our game finished.
That’s the last thing that you want to see

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:55 pm

No, we had a home game. Incidently, my 8year old played his first game today and had a great time. Plenty of tries all round, offloads all over the place, blistering runs & tough tackling. Was a great day.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:59 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:55 pm
No, we had a home game. Incidently, my 8year old played his first game today and had a great time. Plenty of tries all round, offloads all over the place, blistering runs & tough tackling. Was a great day.
A good start then!

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 11:05 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:59 pm
Doc Tiger wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 10:55 pm
A good start then!
If we were scoring then the kids went down 5 tries to 4. But the boys were having too much fun to worry about the tally. So yeah, it was a great start to the season