Kids Footy

Doc Tiger

Re: Kids Footy

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 9:31 pm

The Shearers 16s had another good win this evening after a tough game vs Beaudesert. Hard nuts those beaudesert boys. They hung in there til the end down 4-0 until the last 10 minutes but our fellas came home strong to end up 20-0 winners. We did however lose the penalty count 14-2. :shock:

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 9:20 pm

That’s how I realised that my eyesight was turning to poo Hap.

my son was playing under 16,s, with Runaway Bay and they played Friday nights.
Halfway through the season I started to whinge about how the lights at the different grounds weren’t as good as they used to be when the season started . after about three weeks of whinging.
One of the mothers suggested getting my eyes checked as she thould that nothing had changed with the lights.
And Bingo , she was right,
My distance sight was way off, , so it’s been glasses for mr since,. I had cataracts removed a year or so agoand hardly ever have to wear glasses at all now

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 9:46 pm

Helensvale u12s team had a scare last Saturday as they had to work hard to roll a determined Southport team , who led for a good part of the game.
Once again it was their defence that got them through and they were able to score the winning try about 5 minutes from the end,
They won by two, and it was the first time this year that anyone has got that close to them,,
Southport played well and it will be interesting if we play them again,

A few of the Helensvale kids had to play up in North Brisbane
That morning in the South Coast team , and had to be back at Southport for their game there, around lunchtime,
So it was a hectic morning all round,

They’ll be a bit light on this Saturday , as the same Rep players will be missing this week , as they’re playing in the Oztag Qld Tri series from Thursday until Sunday, at the Sunshine Coast , it doesn’t get any less busy for a few weeks, Good Fun

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 10:57 am

The u/12s had their game at Runaway Bay had their game called off after 5 minutes because of one of the Bay kids copped a accidental knee to the hip bone,
By the time the Ambos got there and attended to the young guy , the full time bell had gone.
Dissapoint ing for the of the kids, but the good news was that it’s just bruised, and there’s no damage there,

It doesn’t happen often in the kids League , but when you see an ambulance on the field it’s always a worry,

Our kids were understrength with the Rep boys at the OzTag
Tri Series on the Sunshine Coast .
Oztag And Kawaner Waters, do things, for the kids that make it really exciting,For them.

They had a street parade for them , followed by a huge fireworks display as the kids ran out on the field to start the first games on Fri Night, rock music between games , the kids (and Family’s) loved it and had a great time,

Really proud of my grand kids ,
They have two main Qld Carnivals for the year, and the G/ son has won the MVP for both of them in the 12s, ,
As well as that, his team won the Tri Series, and my G/daughters team was runner up in the 10s
RL and Touch need to take some tips from the Oztag Organisation as well as the Kawana Waters organisers as well,
It was so well run,
It’ll be interesting to see how the Qld RL do , at the schoolboys Carnival in about two weeks

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:29 pm

GCT..."Awesome" pretty much sums that up - just awesome.

Last Saturday my young fellas team got absolutely belted by a very strong burleigh under 9s team. Those boys can really play.
He's re-injured his knee though and will now miss out on playing at half time at the titans/broncos in a few weeks. Pretty disappointed there.
The shearers 16s played runaway bay and destroyed them 74-4. My lad kicked 6/7 only missing one from the sideline. Was also awarded players player as fullback. So lookout Moses Mbye. We're coming to get you.
Tomorrow night at beaudesert. Don't know if I have enough warm gear for that carry on.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 7:00 pm

You need the heated long johns on for Beaudesert on a winter night,
Geez you guys belted the Bay 16s, Sounds like your young bloke’s going well.
Pity that the 9yr old has to miss out on the Titans day,
It’s a big experience for the kids to be playing on those days, can he still go down with the rest of the team?.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 7:11 pm

Boys just lost a heart breaker 22-20 with a try with literally 8 seconds to go and the winning kick after the hooter

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 11:20 pm

Under 12,s had a good win against Mudgeeraba on Saturday,by about 25 points,
The game was marred when one ot the opposition threw an old fashioned head high at our prop and then threw a few punches ,at him while he was on the ground.
The ref decided that the kid who threw the head high and punch would stay on and sent off our prop because hedefended himself while he was getting whacked., yet we got the penalty, weird,
First tackle after it , it was on for young and all,

Got sorted eventually, but not good in a 12 year old game, but I’ve seen it there before( not involving our team)
Could have been avoided if the the Ref had of hoisted the right bloke in the first place,
In fairness to the young Ref, it’s probably the first time he’s seen it happen in a 12 yr team,
The kids are in for a hard three or four weeks as our Rep players could miss up to three games with school Rl, Touch &football Rep carnivals, hopefully some times may Work out to allow some of them to gat to two games on the one day (worked that way last year. All Fun.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 11:49 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 11:20 pm
The game was marred when one ot the opposition threw an old fashioned head high at our prop and then threw a few punches ,at him while he was on the ground.
The ref decided that the kid who threw the head high and punch would stay on and sent off our prop because hedefended himself while he was getting whacked., yet we got the penalty, weird,

Got sorted eventually, but not good in a 12 year old game, but I’ve seen it there before( not involving our team)
Could have been avoided if the the Ref had of hoisted the right bloke in the first place,
In fairness to the young Ref, it’s probably the first time he’s seen it happen in a 12 yr team,
The kids are in for a hard three or four weeks as our Rep players could miss up to three games with school Rl, Touch &football Rep carnivals, hopefully some times may Work out to allow some of them to gat to two games on the one day (worked that way last year. All Fun.
The Police showed up at the end of our boys games on Friday

Last two under 17 games on Fridays had been called off due to brawls

2nd week the game didn't go 5 minutes

They handed out 2 x 16 week bans I found out on Sunday afternoon from the week before

Neither game involved our club

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 1:48 am

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 7:11 pm
Boys just lost a heart breaker 22-20 with a try with literally 8 seconds to go and the winning kick after the hooter

Oh God those ones hurt. :brick:

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 1:58 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:

Amazing isn't it? All this carry on about no punching in the NRL doesn't change zac in the younger leagues. But it does spoil the big boys league imo.
Young refs in situations like this are on a hiding to nothing I guess. Would be hard for them to know how to deal with things at times I reckon.
Shearers 16's had another win out in the refrigerator of QLD otherwise known as Beaudesert. The boys won 30-22 after being 10-0 down early. Good win by the boys. Young Doc didn't had one of those games when nothing works out, but maybe next game vs Helensvale will be better.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 7:22 am

I’m getting the perfect answer to the Friday night freezes
We do some camping, and will be doing some trips through Australia in our caravan in a while, and I’ve found out that I’m getting a heated coat for my birthday, they’re incredible as they’ve got elements in the front and back, and a small battery pack and you just turn it up or down as you want,
We spend more time outside than inside , even in the winter
The kids school games are mostly at night, so it will be getting a workout there as well

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 7:34 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 25 Jun, 2018 11:49 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:

The Police showed up at the end of our boys games on Friday

Last two under 17 games on Fridays had been called off due to brawls

2nd week the game didn't go 5 minutes

They handed out 2 x 16 week bans I found out on Sunday afternoon from the week before

Neither game involved our club
From what I’ve seen and heard over the last few years it’s got worse in the older ages,
Probably being influenced by that garbage kickboxing that they watch on TV,
It’s a problem

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 8:44 am

Doc Tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 1:48 am
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 7:11 pm

Oh God those ones hurt. :brick:
Valleys haven't lost for a few seasons I believe , every time we get a bit closer

Most of the boys from both teams go to the same school

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 29 Jun, 2018 10:09 pm

Shearers 16s had another win vs Helensvale tonight. 30-14. Young Doc kicked 5/6. Strong showing with a few out.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 9:37 am

Doc Tiger wrote:
Fri 29 Jun, 2018 10:09 pm
Shearers 16s had another win vs Helensvale tonight. 30-14. Young Doc kicked 5/6. Strong showing with a few out.
Good win just before the holiday break

Any of the boys playing in any June school holiday footy Cups that are on ??

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 01 Jul, 2018 3:01 pm

There's a couple selected in the water dragons rep teams I believe however one has injured himself, so may not be involved.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 02 Jul, 2018 5:04 am

There’s been some great football at the Qld State Carnival since it started last Thursday,
Jeez there’s some monster 12 year old kids around(not just Islanders either)
South coast lost Two games by 4 points each so will miss the final, but they’ve got the base for a better team to have crack at next years Carnival,
Still, they’ve got the last games to play today and tomorrow then no more drives through that Brisbane traffic,