Matt Parcell 20 Easts Tigers 18

barra
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: Matt Parcell 20 Easts Tigers 18

Unread post by barra » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 9:52 am

happy tiger wrote:Ipswich Jets beat the PNG Hunter 28-12 and will now contest the GF against the Townsville Blackhawks who havea few ex WT's players

Lui ,Pangai ,Humble

True David v Goliath as far as it is financially concerned
Sucks that we can't watch it in NSW except for replays some days later. Tonight is the first opp we get to see the Jets V Hunters - that's if it is their game, when I set the recording it just said Qld Cup...

Anyway I heard on the radio they beat the Hunters largely through defence this time?
Last edited by barra on Wed 23 Sep, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

barra

Unread post by barra » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 9:53 am

Although someone please correct me if the game is viewable this weekend in NSW!

happy tiger
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 10:50 am

I think it is Live on 9 at 3.00 pm Sunday up here if that helps

barra

Unread post by barra » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 1:14 pm

happy tiger wrote:I think it is Live on 9 at 3.00 pm Sunday up here if that helps
Only WIN Qld I think mate - at least that was the case last weekend, but I'll def check.

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 5:21 pm

I hope that Ipswich win, and I hope that someone gives the Walkers a go in the NRL....

The game needs a shake up, at the moment everyone is doing everything the same. We dont need every team playing like ipswich but there is plenty of room for innovation.

Even with the kick off, why does every team do pretty much the same kick every time, I know it is the highest percentage play. However if you had a number of options that all need to be defended, every kick would be come more effective. Even Patty's kicks were just variations of deep kicks. We can have short kicks, kicks for the side line, kicks in the middle of the field, driving kicks along the ground. (Jack Gibson had Cronulla doing that in general play and got heaps of knock ons)

Every team basically does a series of block and first man plays with variations around that, if they dont score they either put up a bomb or kick for a repeat set. There are other ways to play footy!

If the walkers come in and bring this style, hopefully others will follow with some of their innovations and develop some of their own.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 5:33 pm

Goose wrote:I hope that Ipswich win, and I hope that someone gives the Walkers a go in the NRL....

The game needs a shake up, at the moment everyone is doing everything the same. We dont need every team playing like ipswich but there is plenty of room for innovation.

Even with the kick off, why does every team do pretty much the same kick every time, I know it is the highest percentage play. However if you had a number of options that all need to be defended, every kick would be come more effective. Even Patty's kicks were just variations of deep kicks. We can have short kicks, kicks for the side line, kicks in the middle of the field, driving kicks along the ground. (Jack Gibson had Cronulla doing that in general play and got heaps of knock ons)

Every team basically does a series of block and first man plays with variations around that, if they dont score they either put up a bomb or kick for a repeat set. There are other ways to play footy!

If the walkers come in and bring this style, hopefully others will follow with some of their innovations and develop some of their own.
The problem is it will be a club with little chance that takes that chance with the Walkers

And the minute it doesn't work they will be on borrowed time

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 5:45 pm

I think you are right happy, if they win on the weekend, that is the best chance for more of a go.

The game needs it!

For all the rubbish that he cops, Tim Sheens twice changed the mind set of coaches and the game for the better. The more attacking style of play that Sheens introduced (with Gould doing the same) got us out of the mire of 80's footy which was very boring, and than in 2005 Sheens again showed that there was other ways to play after the game was going back to a very regimented style.

The Walkers have taken that to the extreme, if they get a gig, others will move towards them, and I dont expect to see the whole comp playing like ipswich, but I would rather them playing differently to they are now, which is all same same.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 23 Sep, 2015 5:56 pm

Goose wrote:I think you are right happy, if they win on the weekend, that is the best chance for more of a go.

The game needs it!

For all the rubbish that he cops, Tim Sheens twice changed the mind set of coaches and the game for the better. The more attacking style of play that Sheens introduced (with Gould doing the same) got us out of the mire of 80's footy which was very boring, and than in 2005 Sheens again showed that there was other ways to play after the game was going back to a very regimented style.

The Walkers have taken that to the extreme, if they get a gig, others will move towards them, and I dont expect to see the whole comp playing like ipswich, but I would rather them playing differently to they are now, which is all same same.
First time Sheens had Mullins/Belcher ,Nandruku ,Meninga ,Wiki ,Peter Jackson ,Nagas ,Daley and Stuart in the backline and a forward pack of Pongia ,Lomax ,Clyde ,Croker ,Lazarus , Gary Coyne , Osbourne ,Dean Lance and his hooker was Steve Walters add back ups like OSullivan ,Henjak ,Kevin Walters and Craig Bellamy

How could you lose with that squad ??

2nd time Sheens had no other choice and everything fell into place with the rule changes

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Thu 24 Sep, 2015 10:14 am

Other sides also had great rosters and played very stoic football in the 80's before Sheens (with Penrith than Canberra) and Gould opened it up with much more expansive play.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 24 Sep, 2015 10:27 am

Goose wrote:Other sides also had great rosters and played very stoic football in the 80's before Sheens (with Penrith than Canberra) and Gould opened it up with much more expansive play.
Problem in the 80's in many cases was it was the have v the have nots

Manly , Bulldogs and Parra played good footy but look at their sides

I loved the defensive aspect of 80's footy some of the greatest games were defensive gold

Game 3 1987 SOO , not a point scored in the 2nd half was arguably the best game I ever saw , the attack and defence was amazing

As I have said on here before some of us want to see great attacking footy , some see the game as a whole for what it is , the greatest game of all

Return to “Supporter Groups, Interstate & International Fans”