WA Wests Tigers Fans

wtffl2005

Re: WA Wests Tigers Fans

Post by wtffl2005 » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 5:19 pm

Went to a pub in freo and met a guy with a tigers 2005 tatoo

bbtiger81

Post by bbtiger81 » Mon 11 Jul, 2011 10:10 am

Hello all, come from near Young in NSW, been in WA since Feb '08. Currently in Kambalda about to move back to Kal. I think I may be the only Tiger in Kambalda...

Posted using RoarFEED

saraht82

Post by saraht82 » Wed 13 Jul, 2011 3:25 pm

I am also a tigers fan who lives in Kal. My 3 kids are all huge fans as well. I wish they would play games in Perth cause I would def go to them.

Florrie

Post by Florrie » Fri 15 Jul, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi Sarah & BBTiger - There are a few Tiger fans in Kalgoorlie that I know. If you ever get to Hannan's Boulevard pop in and say hello at Zach-Harry's. I'm the Tiger fan, the husband is a Dragon. Also, you'll find Tiger fans at the Wilson Street Deli.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Sat 06 Aug, 2011 1:58 pm

oz_hun wrote: When you consider the number of NSW and QLD ex-pats who moved here over the last decade, there must be thousands of Tigers supporters (and tens of thousands of league fans). I think most just move onto other sports because Nine treats so poorly here and we can't see games.

The atmosphere at the Saints-Eels trial at ME Bank this year was rank. And i definitely won't pay to watch Souths when they play the Storm in a few weeks.

thankfully the Tigers are playing so crap. I dont feel like i'm missing much!
why have i missed this thread for so long?
anyway, i think to be into league over here you need a new/qld influence. my dad grew up in lidbcombe or burulla (?) and played reggies for wests. he was always a wests fan and I'm not sure why, but when i was about 10 (1982) i chose the tigers and have loved them ever since.

so it was awesome when our two teams merged!

@larrycorowa. if you were in the northern suburbs there is probably a good chance the guy who yelled out of his car to you was me!!! (good looking guy, awesome car... :lol: )

oz_hun

Post by oz_hun » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 6:13 am

Turnstyle - that would be 'Berala' where your dad grew up. not far from Lidcombe.

seriously though everyone, its not hard to get something organised locally if we wanted to. I have managed it with a British soccer team i support. Me and one other guy started a Perth supporters club two years ago and we now get 200 people to watch games at a pub every saturday night.

We can similarly build it up with a little effort here. Firstly there are more Tigers supporters out there than you would expect. Secondly we don't need to spend money. Facebook and Word of Mouth are all we need to spread the word.

We just need a venue which isn't hard, but the hardest part will be working out a way to show the games live in lieu of the pathetic way we get treated by Nine and Foxtel.

watersiders

Post by watersiders » Fri 02 Sep, 2011 8:23 pm

oz_hun wrote:Turnstyle - that would be 'Berala' where your dad grew up. not far from Lidcombe.

seriously though everyone, its not hard to get something organised locally if we wanted to. I have managed it with a British soccer team i support. Me and one other guy started a Perth supporters club two years ago and we now get 200 people to watch games at a pub every saturday night.

We can similarly build it up with a little effort here. Firstly there are more Tigers supporters out there than you would expect. Secondly we don't need to spend money. Facebook and Word of Mouth are all we need to spread the word.

We just need a venue which isn't hard, but the hardest part will be working out a way to show the games live in lieu of the pathetic way we get treated by Nine and Foxtel.
I'd be happy to set up the Facebook page and I could probably get a couple of people involved.

Don't know where we would meet up and stuff, but I guess we can sort that out later.

Florrie

Post by Florrie » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 1:54 am

oz_hun wrote: We just need a venue which isn't hard, but the hardest part will be working out a way to show the games live in lieu of the pathetic way we get treated by Nine and Foxtel.
You need someone with special tv reception to get the games live.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 2:28 am

Tigers and Joondalup Giants fan, definitely liking the sounds of the supporters group though. Everyone else in my family supports the Storm, so they've been lucky enough to catch a few of their games over here, but I'd definitely jump at the chance to see the mighty Tiges. Not sure how much help a 17 year old can be, but I'll stick my hand up when needed!

shell

Post by shell » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 2:55 am

Great game tonight if anyone in Perth wants to watch friday's night game live I can help :-)

Posted using RoarFEED

shell

Post by shell » Sun 04 Sep, 2011 3:07 am

The manager of the bel eyre tavern in belmont is a huge tiger fan... Tigers flag is hanging up behind bar... Ring 92779882 about Fridays game

Posted using RoarFEED

oz_hun

Post by oz_hun » Sat 10 Sep, 2011 1:16 pm

@Watersider - i've just set up the FB page. everyone is free to join.

@shell - did you go to the Bel Eyre last night? if he is showing the games on smart TV, then perhaps we can make that our meet up venue

Florrie

Post by Florrie » Sat 10 Sep, 2011 3:59 pm

oz_hun wrote:@Watersider - i've just set up the FB page. everyone is free to join.
What is the address?

We had a nice night at the shop - a couple of Tigers fans stopped by. Bit tense behind the counter though when the Tigers took the lead! We had both the Tigers and Dragons flags draped along the cold bar :supporter: Husband is still grumpy this morning. :roll

watersiders

Post by watersiders » Sat 10 Sep, 2011 4:08 pm

oz_hun wrote:@Watersider - i've just set up the FB page. everyone is free to join.
Can I have a link to it?

I'll try and get some family/friends to join it.

shell

Post by shell » Sun 11 Sep, 2011 7:17 pm

Yep watched all 4 games over the weekend live at bel eyre

Posted using RoarFEED

shell

Post by shell » Sun 11 Sep, 2011 7:27 pm

@ oz_hunt manager is a she and is tigers all the way already has tigers balloons ect for grand final... Be the best venue for us being most places are gfl and nrl only gets a look in grand final day. Tigers flag proudly on wall all year round. Nice pub plenty of parking.

Posted using RoarFEED

oz_hun

Post by oz_hun » Tue 13 Sep, 2011 7:53 am

http://www.facebook.com/groups/114888341948139/

ok, let's get things under way.

I recommend that everyone gets down to the bel Eyre on Friday night then. I would normally join you, though its my wedding anniversary and my wife will kill me if i tried to skip that!

I will definitely meet you all the following week against the Storm though

saraht82

Post by saraht82 » Fri 16 Sep, 2011 10:17 am

I might have to tell my dad. He lives in Mundaring and just tried to get foxtel hooked up but because of the trees cant get it. He hasnt seen a game all season. If I lived in perth I would def come down and watch.
Wish the game was showed live in Kal somewhere, there is a few supporters here.