WA Wests Tigers Fans

wtffl2005

WA Wests Tigers Fans

Post by wtffl2005 » Sun 18 Apr, 2010 3:49 am

Ive recently moved to Freo from the east coast

Just wondering how many wa supporters there is

Also Friday night football is s*** in wa having to wait for the replays at 9:30 for the first game on fox

Same with the sunday football

HATE DELAYED FOOTY :brick:

bjm8

Post by bjm8 » Mon 19 Apr, 2010 8:54 am

I know the username "Florrie" is from Kalgoorlie. I know it isnt close but it's a start.

Best of luck finding some Tiger fans.

Florrie

Post by Florrie » Thu 22 Apr, 2010 1:21 pm

Yep, I'm over here and fortunately we have quite a few fans in Kal for the Tigers and League in general! Good luck finding other supporters in Freo. Try wearing your jersey when you are out and about - that always seems to draw a comment from other fans (or rivals!)

PS, when we went down for the Dragons/Parra game there were a heap of Tigers fans in the crowd.

galahs

Post by galahs » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 1:56 pm

Hows the local Rugby League club competitions going over their? Ever checked out a match?
We wear our heart on our sleeve.

Florrie

Post by Florrie » Sat 24 Apr, 2010 2:21 pm

Our Goldfields Titans are competing in the 8 team WA Toohey's Cup this year (which means a 1200km round trip in one day for away games) and we also have a Goldfields off-season touch comp (won by the Titans) and a junior comp getting underway. League in Perth is very strong and they've just had selections for City v Kiwi, North vs South and junior rep teams. The large Kiwi/Maori/Islander population in the Goldfields is a boon, and we also have a heap of eastern-staters here for work in the Goldfields.

galahs

Post by galahs » Mon 26 Apr, 2010 12:07 pm

Good to hear and more reason to consider having a Perth side re-enter the NRL.

I still think it's a shame that the WARL decided to field an U18's SG Ball side instead of a NSW Cup side this year.
We wear our heart on our sleeve.

wtffl2005

Post by wtffl2005 » Tue 04 May, 2010 12:37 am

Florrie wrote:Yep, I'm over here and fortunately we have quite a few fans in Kal for the Tigers and League in general! Good luck finding other supporters in Freo. Try wearing your jersey when you are out and about - that always seems to draw a comment from other fans (or rivals!)

PS, when we went down for the Dragons/Parra game there were a heap of Tigers fans in the crowd.
yer went to that too

there were alot of supporters of every club there

I recken there would be alot more fans than in Melbourne
WA would have to be on top of the list for new team

Enfield Feds

Post by Enfield Feds » Tue 18 May, 2010 1:15 pm

I'm a Tigers man....moved oevr a couple of years ago. Live up in West Perth

oz_hun

Post by oz_hun » Wed 19 May, 2010 1:04 am

i live in Hamersley. Been in Perth since 2008.

I dont have fox, so its really frustrating not being able to see any games, apart from the occasional 1am replay on Nine.

we should arrange a regular joint to catch up and watch the games together. I know dozens of Tigers fans living over here.

Florrie

Post by Florrie » Wed 19 May, 2010 11:52 am

And if you are ever in Kalgoorlie-Boulder, pop in to Zach-Harry's Place at Hannans Boulevard in Hannans or the Wilson Street Deli (on the corner of Wilson & Roberts Street!) where you will find Tigers supporters!

turnstyle
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Thu 20 May, 2010 1:31 pm

hey guys,
im WA born and bred and have actually only ever been to sydney twice! i live in greenwood, just north of hamersley.
i played fullback for the joondalup giants in the WARL for a few years after switching from AFL following a knee reco and in 2000 we won the first grade premiership. go giants!!!

the WARL has had its ups and downs and to be honest i dont know how it stands currently, but there have been years when there have been very few teams. south perth and north beach have a 'celtic and rangers' feel to them in my experience and seem to have been strong forever, so it wouldnt surprise me if they still were.

being here means foxtel iq is a must! i never miss a game but always have a bit of a groan at the friday and monday games (although monday games are live they start before we get home).

i think the tigers have had a good following here for years. maybe its a by product of the halcyon tina turner years when league got big over here and the tiges were contenders around the late 80s?

oz_hun

Post by oz_hun » Fri 21 May, 2010 8:23 pm

turnstyle wrote:hey guys,
im WA born and bred and have actually only ever been to sydney twice! i live in greenwood, just north of hamersley.
i played fullback for the joondalup giants in the WARL for a few years after switching from AFL following a knee reco and in 2000 we won the first grade premiership. go giants!!!

the WARL has had its ups and downs and to be honest i dont know how it stands currently, but there have been years when there have been very few teams. south perth and north beach have a 'celtic and rangers' feel to them in my experience and seem to have been strong forever, so it wouldnt surprise me if they still were.

being here means foxtel iq is a must! i never miss a game but always have a bit of a groan at the friday and monday games (although monday games are live they start before we get home).

i think the tigers have had a good following here for years. maybe its a by product of the halcyon tina turner years when league got big over here and the tiges were contenders around the late 80s?
When you consider the number of NSW and QLD ex-pats who moved here over the last decade, there must be thousands of Tigers supporters (and tens of thousands of league fans). I think most just move onto other sports because Nine treats so poorly here and we can't see games.

The atmosphere at the Saints-Eels trial at ME Bank this year was rank. And i definitely won't pay to watch Souths when they play the Storm in a few weeks.

thankfully the Tigers are playing so crap. I dont feel like i'm missing much!

watersiders

Post by watersiders » Thu 16 Dec, 2010 12:47 am

oz_hun wrote:i live in Hamersley. Been in Perth since 2008.
I dont believe it, another tigers nut in Hamersley, i'm down on Glendale Ave near Aintree oval, you might see me around warwick shops wearing my tigers jersey, just got it today :)

On a more oranisational note, we need to make WA to the Tigers as Tasmania is to the Hawthorn Hawks. Anyone want to get together for the Rabbit-hos game during the regular season? Get a lil' black and gold pit of death going?

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 06 Jan, 2011 8:10 pm

Looks like the word will have to spread in WA that this Forum exists watersiders so more WTs supporters in WA can make contact with each other.

watersiders

Post by watersiders » Thu 06 Jan, 2011 9:37 pm

cunno wrote:Looks like the word will have to spread in WA that this Forum exists watersiders so more WTs supporters in WA can make contact with each other.
I do my bit, but I don't know how to spread the word on a bigger scale.

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 06 Jan, 2011 10:03 pm

Mate, I have no doubt that you are doing your bit, well done keeping Wests Tigers interest in WA. I don't have any easy answers perhaps try the official Wests Tigers site to make contact with supporters in WA, WTs also have Facebook and Twitter pages maybe these could be used if you haven't already.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 02 Apr, 2011 10:42 pm

I lived in Perth for 10years.

When we won a finals match in 2005 on the way to the premiership i wore my Balmain jumper (the retro Phillips one) up my very quiet street....I didn't think anyone would know the Tigers. The next thing this guy yelled out from a car....'go the tigers'....i wouldn't have been out there more than 5mins....I nearly fell over. So they are out there.

watersiders

Post by watersiders » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 12:13 am

larrycorowa wrote:I lived in Perth for 10years.

When we won a finals match in 2005 on the way to the premiership i wore my Balmain jumper (the retro Phillips one) up my very quiet street....I didn't think anyone would know the Tigers. The next thing this guy yelled out from a car....'go the tigers'....i wouldn't have been out there more than 5mins....I nearly fell over. So they are out there.
I was getting ball photos taken at Kings Park a few weeks back, ran into a guy wearing a Wests Tigers polo shirt. There are plenty of Tigers fans out here, just no bloody organisation of us.