Failure not an option on Saturday - NRL Article

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Re: Failure not an option on Saturday - NRL Article

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 21 May, 2014 7:13 pm

Tigerdon wrote:This morning fox replayed a game from the late 80's. It was Balmain Vs Penrith at LO (capacity crowd) Balmain was leading with about 10 to go. The ground announcer over the p.a. said "Wests have just beaten Manly" a huge cheer went up from the crowd. Made me smile.
I miss the days pre-fox and internet when you'd be at a game and the GA would come over the PA with scores from the other games and there'd always be a roar when there was an upset, particularly involving Manly.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 187 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Wed 21 May, 2014 7:15 pm

Everyone hates manly
Even the casual observer that wants to come along and watch a quality game of football, come and do it. Come and see some of our young star players against the Baby Broncos."
Cambo suffers from its location.
Ive never lived there, I only go there 2,3 or 4 times a year
I dont think many casuals will atend, unless theyre from Cambo

Other than this game, everything else cambo has is available eveywhere else...its just very far for anyone NOT from there

Snake
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by Snake » Wed 21 May, 2014 7:34 pm

We come from the inner city and travelled to Campbelltown from day 1 to follow the Magpies,I don't know whether it is age or what but these days we just couldn't be bothered travelling down there ...this week is the exception. Reality is with a 60 inch Hd tele and Hd foxtel it is pretty comfy watching at home and not having to put up with the rat bags on the road and all that goes with that, we are members at ANZ and I attend the Liechardt games. We actually think that Campbelltown is not such a bad stadium but the motivation to go there is just not there anymore.

happy tiger
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 21 May, 2014 9:04 pm

Is Mayer's butt on the line if we only draw 6500 again ??

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 21 May, 2014 9:40 pm

I wouldn't think so. As far as CEO's go, he's been pretty transparent. It would be a tough gig heading up the Wests Tigers. Not the easiest of clubs to manage. Compared to clubs with lots of cash and home ground like the Broncos.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Balmainboydug

Unread post by Balmainboydug » Wed 21 May, 2014 10:52 pm

$10 tickets ?

Cbus Stadium , that's old Skilled Stadium has all kids free this ROUND the oldies might be able to buy the kids some $7 chips and a $5 coke. Now that's value , come on we are crippled by injuries and Reps , the crowds will only get worse up in Campbo , when Abbot cuts the community off welfare.

That's not detrimental to the people , it's just a fact. Mayer might want to start means testing the supporters and hand out more free tickets within the schools , do they still give free passes to junior players ? If not they should tenfold , always hard for the olds to say WE can't afford it when one or two of the kids has a free pass.

Titans games are a PURE rip off , it costs less to go to one of the Gold Coasts theme parks all year than to buy tickets and grab a feed inside Cbus. My eldest works at Cbus Stadium and apparently they are forcing people who bring a bite to eat , TO EAT it outside the stadium before entry , the gronks who run these stadiums are not supporters or lovers of the game , it's always about the $$$$.

The last game I watched at Campbo was Balmain V Western Suburbs Magpies or was it the Western Suburbs Bulldogs , and was called Orana Park. I enjoyed the game Balmain won all three grades and I got a few bucks from their pokies whilst enjoying a few beers and watching the first two games from their club , maybe time to bring back the three games a day program , always felt like you got value for your money.

Today it's how much more the stadium and club can get out of you on the skinniest bottom line , nothing's free these days so I give the Titans some credit , It will be nice to see who has the biggest crowd as both sides have a few comparisons going into this weekend.

Also would like to add this website crashes more than Rowdy Shearer and Buddy Franklin put together. :deadhorse:

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 21 May, 2014 11:11 pm

Balmainboydug wrote:$10 tickets ?

Cbus Stadium , that's old Skilled Stadium has all kids free this ROUND the oldies might be able to buy the kids some $7 chips and a $5 coke. Now that's value , come on we are crippled by injuries and Reps , the crowds will only get worse up in Campbo , when Abbot cuts the community off welfare.

That's not detrimental to the people , it's just a fact. Mayer might want to start means testing the supporters and hand out more free tickets within the schools , do they still give free passes to junior players ? If not they should tenfold , always hard for the olds to say WE can't afford it when one or two of the kids has a free pass.

Titans games are a PURE rip off , it costs less to go to one of the Gold Coasts theme parks all year than to buy tickets and grab a feed inside Cbus. My eldest works at Cbus Stadium and apparently they are forcing people who bring a bite to eat , TO EAT it outside the stadium before entry , the gronks who run these stadiums are not supporters or lovers of the game , it's always about the $$$$.

The last game I watched at Campbo was Balmain V Western Suburbs Magpies or was it the Western Suburbs Bulldogs , and was called Orana Park. I enjoyed the game Balmain won all three grades and I got a few bucks from their pokies whilst enjoying a few beers and watching the first two games from their club , maybe time to bring back the three games a day program , always felt like you got value for your money.

Today it's how much more the stadium and club can get out of you on the skinniest bottom line , nothing's free these days so I give the Titans some credit , It will be nice to see who has the biggest crowd as both sides have a few comparisons going into this weekend.

Also would like to add this website crashes more than Rowdy Shearer and Buddy Franklin put together. :deadhorse:
That deal you mentioned at Cbus has been offered all season

Paid $74 for our family of four and we were sitting on the 40 metre line

Eye Of Da Tiger

Unread post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Thu 22 May, 2014 7:35 am

Bought my 8 tickets,Scary thing is I easily got them allocated together on the 50 metre mark at this time of the week.Come on guys turn up and cheer our team on.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 22 May, 2014 7:42 am

We'll get a decent crowd thanks to the cheap tickets. If they were normal price I wouldn't chastise the crowd numbers if they were low. Origin week, both teams missing players, Saturday night.

I won't be there so I won't be criticising the numbers either way.
I'm the least you could do, if only life was easy as you...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

hybrid_tiger

Unread post by hybrid_tiger » Thu 22 May, 2014 8:01 am

I can't believe people use players being out as an excuse not to attend. That is absolutely pathetic.

Since when did it matter who was playing (especially for the opposition)?

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Sabre » Thu 22 May, 2014 8:08 am

I think Mayer would be expecting a higher crowd (15k maybe) so that if we do get that or just less he cab fall back on saying it was higher than expected

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 22 May, 2014 8:25 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:I can't believe people use players being out as an excuse not to attend. That is absolutely pathetic.

Since when did it matter who was playing (especially for the opposition)?
It's the nature of some fans HT. Some people will want to go and watch their team play at full strength. It's not my justification for a low crowd, but if there is a low crowd that is one of the contributing factors (my sister in law is having a birthday bash that night which is the reason I will not be there.)
I'm the least you could do, if only life was easy as you...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 22 May, 2014 8:29 am

The fact that both the Magpie and WT's fanatics will be sharing the same hill is worth the price of admission alone. WW3 potential there.

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 22 May, 2014 8:51 am

I pay $4 to watch my sons under 10 play and $8 to watch a local league game (A grade )

For those who are whinging just think yourselves lucky you've got a game within a few hours travel

Closest NRL game this weekend is 8 hours away and it doesn't involve the team I love

I'm considering myself lucky that the CQ Capras are playing the PNG Hunters here on the weekend in the In Trust Super Cup

Juro
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Juro » Thu 22 May, 2014 9:13 am

Eye Of Da Tiger wrote:Bought my 8 tickets,Scary thing is I easily got them allocated together on the 50 metre mark at this time of the week.Come on guys turn up and cheer our team on.
I would assume that most people are buying the $10 GA tickets. I bought mine on Tuesday afternoon. Ticket number was about 4600.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Thu 22 May, 2014 10:00 am

innsaneink wrote:Everyone hates manly
Even the casual observer that wants to come along and watch a quality game of football, come and do it. Come and see some of our young star players against the Baby Broncos."
Cambo suffers from its location.
Ive never lived there, I only go there 2,3 or 4 times a year
I dont think many casuals will atend, unless theyre from Cambo

Other than this game, everything else cambo has is available eveywhere else...its just very far for anyone NOT from there
What a load of rubbish...I live 40k's from Campbelltown, was last there in 2002 and I WILL be there Saturday night with 5 others as casual attendees...

LaT

Unread post by LaT » Thu 22 May, 2014 12:29 pm

What does LO have to do with this apart from allowing a whinge?

Bloody oath the club needs more than 6.5k to our games, especially on a Saturday night with cheap tickets, 15 year anniversary and all the promotions being done.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 22 May, 2014 1:11 pm

I could tell you, but whats the point?

Return to “Round 11: Wests Tigers vs Broncos”