Tedesco

Newtown

Re: Tedesco

Post by Newtown » Fri 23 May, 2014 6:03 pm

happy tiger wrote:Teddy more than anything wants to stay a Tiger

But can anyone ask anyone to take an approximate $200 + k pay cut to do so

Its a big call for a young bloke to make
Are you referring to a $200k pay cut from what Canberra is offering him? If so I think that there are a lot of other things like a happy team rapport and a much better coach that would offset such money..

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Fri 23 May, 2014 6:05 pm

Do you really think Potter has any sway in what goes on at Wests Tigers ? Sheens Stuart...YES Potter...NO

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 23 May, 2014 6:10 pm

Newtown wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Teddy more than anything wants to stay a Tiger

But can anyone ask anyone to take an approximate $200 + k pay cut to do so

Its a big call for a young bloke to make
Are you referring to a $200k pay cut from what Canberra is offering him? If so I think that there are a lot of other things like a happy team rapport and a much better coach that would offset such money..
And if you were his age after suffering a major injury like he has he really has to way up all offers and options

Remember reading Tim Horans autobiography and he claimed when he was offered big bucks to change codes he literally changed his mind every day for 6 weeks until the day of his announcement and then decided to stick with Rugby Union

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Fri 23 May, 2014 6:20 pm

Seriously can't we merge this with the other thread........It will all be over soon. Then what will we do !

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Fri 23 May, 2014 8:37 pm

There's always the Krisnan Inu rumour thread........
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

strrretch

Post by strrretch » Fri 23 May, 2014 9:31 pm

[quote="Swordy"]There is not a single person on this forum that wouldn't look at their options and try and earn more dollars if their current employer let them look at what the competition is offering.

Many, many people look at other jobs and consider moves even when they have job. It's not about being disloyal or disrespectful. It's about doing what is best for you and your future and family.

I dunno....if i was earning good money but was off work sick or injured .
half the time I would focus on repaying my employers good faith in me before considering work elsewhere

If he jumps to another club now i reckon he has not repaid the investment and faith the club has put in him

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Fri 23 May, 2014 10:48 pm

Hopefully it only a matter of time until we confirm the re signing.

Milky

Post by Milky » Fri 23 May, 2014 11:16 pm

Funny how every Teddy thread becomes another debate. Why do we need another thread?

white

Post by white » Sat 24 May, 2014 12:08 am

The most money is not always the best offer . Teddy will Be going to a club with little chance of realising a premiership. You can also kiss origin good buy. Its harder to get picked from a beaten team. Current origin is 30 thousand per game. Likewise you have to move away from all your mates and family. All for just 200 thou over three years. In three years teddy could be a no body whilst in three years he could be on farahs money. Also being coached by ricky I would want even more. Canberra is a basket case. Mate what is market value for a twenty seven game player over three years.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sat 24 May, 2014 12:17 am

white wrote:The most money is not always the best offer . Teddy will Be going to a club with little chance of realising a premiership. You can also kiss origin good buy. Its harder to get picked from a beaten team. Current origin is 30 thousand per game. Likewise you have to move away from all your mates and family. All for just 200 thou over three years. In three years teddy could be a no body whilst in three years he could be on farahs money. Also being coached by ricky I would want even more. Canberra is a basket case. Mate what is market value for a twenty seven game player over three years.
When the guy picking the NSW team Ricky Stuart is your coach its a lot easier. It's 800k over 3 years by the way.

white

Post by white » Sat 24 May, 2014 12:33 am

Ricky got sacked as coach. He is a dead man walking. There is growing pressure from even raiders to get rid of him. 200 thousand is peanuts. Teddy could be worse off with less match payments and rep payments. Mate I am self made and from experience teddy could be making a mistake for only 200 thou at 48 per cent tax rate. It wont be his last contract but could be if he signs with the raiders

methods

Post by methods » Sat 24 May, 2014 5:49 am

white wrote:Ricky got sacked as coach. He is a dead man walking. There is growing pressure from even raiders to get rid of him. 200 thousand is peanuts. Teddy could be worse off with less match payments and rep payments. Mate I am self made and from experience teddy could be making a mistake for only 200 thou at 48 per cent tax rate. It wont be his last contract but could be if he signs with the raiders
h

Not to mention the additional out if pocket expenses that come with living away from home... On my count that will cost him around 80-100k.
Therefore the realisation is around 100k based on the figures floating around.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

methods

white wrote:Ricky got sacked as coach. He is a dead man walking. There is growing pressure from even raiders to get rid of him. 200 thousand is peanuts. Teddy could be worse off with less match payments and rep payments. Mate I am self made and from experience teddy could be making a mistake for only 200 thou at 48 per cent tax rate. It wont be his last contract but could be if he signs with the raiders
h

Not to mention the additional out if pocket expenses that come with living away from home... On my count that will cost him around 80-100k.

methods

h

methods

h

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 24 May, 2014 8:02 am

So what is market value ..I thought that is what something is worth to the entire market,at this stage the price for his signature is set by one desperate club willing to pay massive overs...not what the market value for an injury prone 25 NRL game player that shows promise , I hope the club is smart in all of this as money could be better spent!

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 24 May, 2014 8:54 am

Snake wrote:So what is market value ..I thought that is what something is worth to the entire market,at this stage the price for his signature is set by one desperate club willing to pay massive overs...not what the market value for an injury prone 25 NRL game player that shows promise , I hope the club is smart in all of this as money could be better spent!
Market value is simply what the market is willing to pay. In this case the market is all the NRL clubs

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:46 am

By the way ,Teddy is definitely out