Awesome effort from Blair

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Awesome effort from Blair

Post by formerguest » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:25 pm

Blair's effort deserved a better result.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:33 pm

That it did :(
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:38 pm

What about his effort to give away a deliberate penalty that lead to the Broncos first try??

Its little plays that cost games...a dumb penalty, a missed tackle, a poor kick....Blair is one of a few that contributed to the loss due to to these errors.

So while his effort was great and he played well, you cant excuse dumb plays like that. They lose football games.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:41 pm

shut up KS. he was one of our best. the forwards werent making impact and blair was one who did... sue was very average tonight, looked like he was jogging not runnign hard.

shakey4d

Post by shakey4d » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:43 pm

Blair hit harder in defense tonight than the rest of the forwards put together. Great game from Blair, he was pressuring them all night and forced some errors.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:47 pm

mtd wrote:shut up KS. he was one of our best. the forwards werent making impact and blair was one who did... sue was very average tonight, looked like he was jogging not runnign hard.

Shut up???

Blair was good besides that error, i said that. But did his error help lead to 6 point for the Broncos?? Was it an inexcusable error?? The answer to both of those is yes.

I can handle errors due to effort like the ones Brooks made, what i cant excuse is horrible ones like the penalty Blair gave away....like i said, they lose football games.

If your happy to have a guy do something like that then your a more patient man than me.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:01 pm

Every player makes a mistake in games some lead to try's ?? Some don't but we forget bout them

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:05 pm

galea#11 wrote:Every player makes a mistake in games some lead to try's ?? Some don't but we forget bout them
The play im talking about is inexcusable. Theres no need to do it.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:11 pm

king sirro wrote:
mtd wrote:shut up KS. he was one of our best. the forwards werent making impact and blair was one who did... sue was very average tonight, looked like he was jogging not runnign hard.

Shut up???

Blair was good besides that error, i said that. But did his error help lead to 6 point for the Broncos?? Was it an inexcusable error?? The answer to both of those is yes.

I can handle errors due to effort like the ones Brooks made, what i cant excuse is horrible ones like the penalty Blair gave away....like i said, they lose football games.

If your happy to have a guy do something like that then your a more patient man than me.
shut up ks... ;)

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:19 pm

Have to agree with KS on this. Although Blair played exceptionally well that one dumb play ( and it was not a mistake - he meant to do it) re ally cost the side dearly. He had got a lot of those stupid niggly penalties out of his game - I hope they are not creeping back in.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 25 May, 2014 7:15 am

diedpretty wrote:Have to agree with KS on this. Although Blair played exceptionally well that one dumb play ( and it was not a mistake - he meant to do it) re ally cost the side dearly. He had got a lot of those stupid niggly penalties out of his game - I hope they are not creeping back in.
Blair did nothing wrong in that play, I thought so live and just watched the replay to confirm it.

Luani was way to the side and it was him that was penalised for not being square. Blair had plonked himself short and square and the dummy half had taken a step forward before he played at the ball. It was a good play by him, certainly not a mistake or dumb play.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 25 May, 2014 8:05 am

Id like to see Blair ball play a little more, or at least go to the line with support, he always seems to just take it up solo and the defense swallow him up im sure he can be used a bit more cleverly than he has been.

teegasm

Post by teegasm » Sun 25 May, 2014 8:22 am

Blair was an enforcer in defence and did well to contain Hunt who i'm pretty sure is leading the NRL for try assists by just bullying him all day with big hits and pressuring his pass game.

I disagree with KS in saying that his penalty lead to a try or cost us the game. Technically the missed tackle on Corey Oates lead to that try. Heck if you wanna get real technical, Pat Richard's gave away the penalty which lost us the game. The games was riddled by errors, penalties and poor 5th tackle options for which many in the team contributed to. Blair was one of our best