Costly mistakes

king sirro

Costly mistakes

Post by king sirro » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:34 pm

By Sitaleki late in the game and early in the game by Anasta, Blair and Lawrence.

So much talent this young backrower has, but the odd lazy play killed us. Let Hunt through with a poor attempt giving the Broncos the lead. Then didnt push forward when Brooks created a chance close to the line. If he puts himself in the right position we have a simple 2 on one situation close to the line for an easy try.

Im filthy on that but if im going to point out his mistakes, i should also point out the Broncos first try...wow that was bad from 3 experienced players. Anasta terrible kick giving them possession, Blair an unbelievable play to give away a deliberate penalty, then Lawrence missing the tackle for the try.

Just because Sitaleki's mistakes were late in the game make them no more the cause for our loss than those 3 mistakes early in the game by players that should know better.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 25 May, 2014 12:20 am

Sita doesn't seem to play with his brain on, despite his talent and strength. He reminds my of Ayshford.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sun 25 May, 2014 2:16 am

It's hard to blame Lawrence for the first try. He's come in a long way to try and make a diving tackle on a second rower, fact is the middle defenders for sucked in by the decoys and it was just a good ball. Lawrence did well just to get there and make the effort IMO.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 25 May, 2014 6:22 am

VanillaThunder wrote:It's hard to blame Lawrence for the first try. He's come in a long way to try and make a diving tackle on a second rower, fact is the middle defenders for sucked in by the decoys and it was just a good ball. Lawrence did well just to get there and make the effort IMO.

Definitely wasnt Lawrence's miss. The inside defender over read the play forcing CL to come in very late on a big man.

Anyone criticising CL for that play should give the game away as they clearly have no idea about footy.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 25 May, 2014 6:59 am

I am with you on Akaoula, he had a good opening stint in attack, apart from a dumb offload (I think), but seemed lazy when he came back on.

Sure Anasta's kick was not a good one, but I don't think he, nor Lawrence or Blair were really to blame their first try that came off a forward pass. Blair was square at marker and the dummy half had taken a forward step before he played at the ball, Luani was way to the side and surely was the reason we got penalised.

the third

Post by the third » Sun 25 May, 2014 7:20 am

Agree. But it's no different to how he's played all year. He either gets tired or is lazy in D. I target him every day of the year if I was the opposition coach. It's a shame but fixable

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 25 May, 2014 8:01 am

I think Akaoula should only be given short stints. He kills them out there but then makes mistakes.

derailed

Post by derailed » Sun 25 May, 2014 8:32 am

Personally I think the biggest mistake was when Patty had the run away from the mistake and the ball end up over the side line.

If he settles down and takes the tackle I'm sure we score on the next play

but on the other hand if he scores there everyone is celebrating

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun 25 May, 2014 8:45 am

derailed wrote:Personally I think the biggest mistake was when Patty had the run away from the mistake and the ball end up over the side line.

If he settles down and takes the tackle I'm sure we score on the next play

but on the other hand if he scores there everyone is celebrating
His mistake was being dominated by Ben Barba in a tackle. After I saw that, I knew we wouldn't win the match. Things don't go that way and you still win the match.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 25 May, 2014 8:51 am

I was curious as to why Patty didn't just infield try and go over the top of Barba.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 25 May, 2014 8:53 am

At least three or four cock ups on tackle one
Very poor

Makes badgers performance easier to cop

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 25 May, 2014 9:08 am

innsaneink wrote:At least three or four cock ups on tackle one
Very poor

Makes badgers performance easier to cop
By both sides as well. From what I remember Brisbane had at least three on first tackles (two off kick restarts too.)
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 25 May, 2014 11:29 am

Can I just say too, the mention of Barba, boy has that bloke lost it. He was an absolute winner for the dogs in days gone by, but the guy is a borderline liability at the Broncos. Where to play him when Milford arrives?

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 25 May, 2014 11:42 am

jirskyr wrote:Can I just say too, the mention of Barba, boy has that bloke lost it. He was an absolute winner for the dogs in days gone by, but the guy is a borderline liability at the Broncos. Where to play him when Milford arrives?
Reggies

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sun 25 May, 2014 1:56 pm

It still amazes me that they pick Barba ahead of Hoffman at fullback. A legitimate international being forced to play 6 to accommodate for Barba's one season of form and otherwise complete ineptitude is ridiculous. Must be something about blokes with B names (Benji, Barba, Braith) holding unquestionable claims to a jersey.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 25 May, 2014 2:22 pm

Am I the only one who was surprised by how fast, fresh and dominant Lulia looked in the backrow? He was very good in the 20 odd minutes he got IMO.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble