Potter's interchanges

alex

Potter's interchanges

Post by alex » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:35 pm

Wtf???

Yanked Lawrence to shift Lulia out to centre.

We had three people at hooker for most of the game. Doesn't allow players to get into a rhythm.

I'm mystified

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

shakey4d

Post by shakey4d » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:37 pm

Shifted waaaaay too many people around today. Brooks goes wide to expect lawrence charging back at an angle and what does he find.... Lulia plodding at some crazy angle directly into the defense!

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:41 pm

That's not why we lost. Poor last tackle options and some costly errors let the broncos get the upper hand in a real arm wrestle. Lulia defended well when he came on and we still had 4 interchanges with Kapow and Galloway fresh in the final quater.

Was a shame to let them back in....but if your experienced players can't play for a repeat set it makes the hill that much harder to climb.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:42 pm

yanking lawrence has been a long time coming... lulia isnt the guy to replace him though..

also thought austin came on too early tonight..

shakey4d

Post by shakey4d » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:48 pm

mtd wrote:yanking lawrence has been a long time coming... lulia isnt the guy to replace him though..

And where did he play?? When austin came on, anasta, luani and blair were all still on the field. We shape shifted tonight which ruined any cohesion we were going to have missing farah.

Yes last play options were terrible, but its not helped by having 3 hookers and 3 locks playing musical chairs.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:02 pm

not disagreeing shakey.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:07 pm

1st time this season Potter had no idea with his side out there , Lulia on the bench is he serious
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:22 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:That's not why we lost. Poor last tackle options and some costly errors let the broncos get the upper hand in a real arm wrestle. Lulia defended well when he came on and we still had 4 interchanges with Kapow and Galloway fresh in the final quater.

Was a shame to let them back in....but if your experienced players can't play for a repeat set it makes the hill that much harder to climb.
Actually it was. We had no structure. Looked like headless chooks. Potter does some good things but geez his tactics can be puzzling.

How you can have Lulia on the bench ahead of someone like Nathan Brown. who would have killed it off the bench tonight, does my head in.

The use of Tapau over the last 3 weeks has been disgraceful.

Weirdest coaching display I have seen in a long time.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:26 pm

Luani doesnt have the motor for 80...no mystifying there

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:26 pm

foreveratiger wrote:1st time this season Potter had no idea with his side out there , Lulia on the bench is he serious
He should have never picked 2 backs on the bench. Plus one of the forwards on the bench had only been back for 1 week after a long lay off. The 17 was way too lopsided before a ball was even kicked.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:28 pm

Taupau should never have started. His impact is much better utilised at the arse end of each half.

Tonight was one that shouldn't have got away but given the effort was there from the boys and Brooks being taken off late when he looked clear to continue stunted our finish.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:29 pm

Tonight reminded me of Sheens, players all over the place, musical chairs, and two backs on the bench.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:37 pm

I'll give Potter the benefit of the doubt, even the coaches have a shocker from time to time.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 24 May, 2014 11:27 pm

its potters first real blunder. he isnt doing the same stupid thing week in week out. nothing wrong with trying as long as he is learnig from it (which i think he is).

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Sat 24 May, 2014 11:33 pm

Don't think bench lost us the game. Overall team selections lost the game. That team doesn't work so why keep trying same thing.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Sat 24 May, 2014 11:56 pm

The biggest crime of the defence was leaving Akaoula off for 45 mins after he killed the start! He made more metres per hit up than any other player yet he gets subbed after 25 and returns for the last 10??

Similar things have happened in past month or two with the likes of Gavet, Ava and Galloway. Some players playing huge mins while other impact players sit on the bench for the majority of the game, even if they were killing it when on the field!

Rotate them properly rather than playing long stints and then long stints on the bench. We had too many changes at the end of the game as he wasn't using them wisely.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 25 May, 2014 12:15 am

It's also possible that Potter had a decent strategy that the players failed to execute?

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 25 May, 2014 12:20 am

mtd wrote:yanking lawrence has been a long time coming... lulia isnt the guy to replace him though..

I think Sirro will be a good replacement at centre..