Gavin Badger hang your head in shame

innsaneink

Re: Gavin Badger hang your head in shame

Post by innsaneink » Sun 25 May, 2014 1:15 pm

about the last 10 minutes

GB: Alright, Im just telling you now, if you get involved in anything - youre the one thats going to lose.

KG: Why?

GB: Because youre going to lose.

KG: How, are you against me or the Tigers?

GB: Ive just told ya, if you get involved in anything, Im watching ya.

azsportza

Post by azsportza » Sun 25 May, 2014 2:46 pm

For those who want to watch/hear what Badger said – http://youtu.be/qcwwSs68SSA

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 25 May, 2014 2:50 pm

Poor old Keefy dud, no-good, bad haircutted, bad toothed ref picking on him

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 25 May, 2014 3:23 pm

azsportza wrote:For those who want to watch/hear what Badger said – http://youtu.be/qcwwSs68SSA
Due to circumstances I have not yet seen this match, However if Badger made this remark early in the match it certainly reeks of bias and demands investigation.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 25 May, 2014 3:31 pm

Get over it guys. We don't want to be like Ricky Stuart crying and moaning. We had opportunities to win and could not take them

The penalty against Richards was soft but the right call in my opinion. He tackled him without the ball, simple. They should have scored anyway from a soft line break. We were lucky to not be pinged 2 minutes earlier for shoulder contact to the head when the Brisbane player stayed down.

In the game against Parra we got the peanlty for a pretty soft obstruction. Certainly could have gone the other way. Which would have lost us the game.

The officials are pretty ordinary. Most teams get the rough end in a tight game once of twice a year. Badger has no idea most weeks. He is not biased he is just not very good. We lost because we were not quite good enough last night. Nothing out of this world went against us and there were nothing wrong with his comments to Galloway.

I put last nights loss more down to poor team selection from the coach. Players put in a great effort which was pleasing to see, but our attack is dire with the starting 1,6, and 9.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 25 May, 2014 4:58 pm

So let me get this right?

Some on here blame the ref for our loss.
Some blame the ref and poor team play
Some others blame poor team play

Mmmmm, sounds like any other NRL game.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

lathami

Post by lathami » Sun 25 May, 2014 5:51 pm

Sorry Eddie,
You may be happy with a joke for refereeing but I am not! We're at the game last night??
They were over us all game, continuously a couple meters offside, with no penalty?? What was the penalty count in the first half???
The pat Richards effort, he tackled on suspicion which was justified if u are chasing a guy two meters from the line and can't see the ball in front off the opposition player and he bends down to pick it up, u are intitled to tackle him!!!! Tacked on suspicion happen nearly every game without penalty, its part of the game....
It's just the really the ones were they can't catch the player and there five meters from the ball, they call...
What if the player in question is guiding the ball over the dead ball line and your after the ball, your allowed to push him into it!!!! What's the difference??? Happens every game!!
Anyway it was a frigen knock on in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 25 May, 2014 7:08 pm

I was sitting in Row R, Bay 33 at Campbelltown SS last night, right next to a former NRL ref and some other NRL refs' guy evaluating the performance of the refs in the Holden Cup.

They stayed there until the end of the NRL game, although I don't think they had any formal evaluative role in the NRL game.

Let's just say we had some interesting chats about the performance of Gavin Badger. On the other hand, they rate the prospects of the "other " Gavin (Reynolds, is it?) as an NRL ref.

From my perspective (not necessarily theirs), I thought Gavin Badger was disgraceful. The Broncos stood off-side in clear view of all in the crowd, for most of the game.

haberfield tiger

Post by haberfield tiger » Sun 25 May, 2014 8:52 pm

The Pat Richards play is not a penalty because the Brisbane ball carrier lost the ball forward in the tackle, so regardless if Pat tackled the player or not its a knock on, scrum, change over, what ever, but not a penalty. No one is crying and carring on like sticky ( he wins the gold medal), but geez Gavin badger made some very bad calls that cost points and hence the game. when ur down on troops things like that mean a lot in the context of the game. Gavin Badger is not NRL standard, he needs a stint in the lower grades. Bloker was filthy about the refs on 2GB today. Made a comment at 12pm start of the program.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 25 May, 2014 9:00 pm

The Brisbane guy passed it backwards into our guy in my opinion. The penalty was soft against Richards but I can live with it. Agree that Badger is a poor ref in general, very poor.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 25 May, 2014 9:04 pm

In regards to what he said to Keefy, it sounded really bad given the way he caned us all night, but he clearly meant that he would lose out if he got involved again meaning sin bin. It wasn't a threat of being on the wrong end of the scoreline. In regards to what Sauce said, you know you're well and truly getting dudded when a player gets so frustrated to say something like that.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 25 May, 2014 9:12 pm

Yeh hes not that stupid to openly threaten to a player he will make sure that players team loses the game, when he knows his words are heard on mic and being recorded, but he is that stupid to use those poor choice of words.
Stupid words match his crap refereeing