Analysis of tonight's game

pacman

Analysis of tonight's game

Unread post by pacman » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:41 pm

Weird specimen of human being these men in pink..
1. Anyways I've had enough of Anasta - nothing week in week out. NEEDS to go.
2. Why was Lulia in the team?
3. Why was Akaoula only given 30mins of gametime - was one of our best in attack by a way.
4. Bring back KOROIBETE! our attack has looked poor to say the least these last 4 weeks - only 8 tries in 4 weeks of football will not win many matches at all. He has been killing it in NSW Cup and deserves a start either for Lawrence or Nofoaluma or even an impact spot on the bench. I mean Lulia? Seriously?
5. We need Woods, Farah, Tedesco, Sironen, Gavet back ASAP
6. Rowe is decent - nothing special though so hopefully Tedesco is back after the bye and can replace him too.
7. Positives out of this match were solid and spirited defense from the boys - conceded two actual tries? With one being a 3 meter forward pass.
8. Best were Richards, Brooks, Akaoula, Thompson and Blair in a not so great performance which we probably should have won anyway.

Hope to get the rest of the crew back soon!

Also Moses isn't looking too shabby in NSW Cup - had a solid debut game today - if he progresses ide like to see him debut sometime in the next couple of months too. Anything over Anasta seriously.

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:44 pm

Lulia wasn't bad at all. Ran strongly and defended well. Rest is fair.

mtd
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by mtd » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:45 pm

MacDougall wrote:Lulia wasn't bad at all. Ran strongly and defended well. Rest is fair.
he is out of synch in attack. his defence around the middle was good though..

Lakra

Unread post by Lakra » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:46 pm

100% agree. Please leave Anasta

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:48 pm

mtd wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Lulia wasn't bad at all. Ran strongly and defended well. Rest is fair.
You must be referring to the play where he ran the best decoy of all time and drew Reed and Glenn only to have the ball thrown to him mid contact. Not his fault.

clontarfkid
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by clontarfkid » Sat 24 May, 2014 9:59 pm

When 95% of our attack comes from a first year debutant youre gonna have problems winning games....and thats what happened.
Our spine is one dimensional...The no 6 & no 1 add very little to the above,& whilst Austin adds genuine spark out of dummy half Im not sure whether he has the vision & awareness of his support to be a "playmaker"at 6.
I appreciate his shortcomings,but theres gotta be a place for Koro somewhere if were challenged in scoring tries..surely his defensive reads are coachable?

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:02 pm

Nothing wrong with his performance.

pacman

Unread post by pacman » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:04 pm

stevetiger wrote:
The thing is, although he defended decently enough - he didn't add anything in attack which is where we struggled greatly in the match. I see no reason for his selection on the bench. We don't defensive centers on the bench.

mtd

Unread post by mtd » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:07 pm

pacman wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
The thing is, although he defended decently enough - he didn't add anything in attack which is where we struggled greatly in the match. I see no reason for his selection on the bench. We don't defensive centers on the bench.
we struggle week in week out playing lawrence there, because he hasnt offered anything in attack for years.

pacman

Unread post by pacman » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:08 pm

mtd wrote:
pacman wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
we struggle week in week out playing lawrence there, because he hasnt offered anything in attack for years.
Which is why we should get rid of both and bring back KORO!

king sirro
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:11 pm

MacDougall wrote:
mtd wrote:
You must be referring to the play where he ran the best decoy of all time and drew Reed and Glenn only to have the ball thrown to him mid contact. Not his fault.

I blame Sitaleki for not pushing up there giving Brooks the option of passing behind Lulia which would have been an easy match winning try. But i need to see it again to be 100% sure on that. I might be being too hard on Akaoula
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Go Moltzen

Unread post by Go Moltzen » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:16 pm

pacman wrote:Weird specimen of human being these men in pink..
3. Why was Akaoula only given 30mins of gametime - was one of our best in attack by a way.
4. Bring back KOROIBETE! our attack has looked poor to say the least these last 4 weeks - only 8 tries in 4 weeks of football will not win many matches at all. He has been killing it in NSW Cup and deserves a start either for Lawrence or Nofoaluma or even an impact spot on the bench. I mean Lulia? Seriously?
6. Rowe is decent - nothing special though so hopefully Tedesco is back after the bye and can replace him too.
7. Positives out of this match were solid and spirited defense from the boys - conceded two actual tries? With one being a 3 meter forward pass.
8. Best were Richards, Brooks, Akaoula, Thompson and Blair in a not so great performance which we probably should have won anyway.

Also Moses isn't looking too shabby in NSW Cup - had a solid debut game today - if he progresses ide like to see him debut sometime in the next couple of months too. Anything over Anasta seriously.
Very good summation.
Hopefully loss will sway coach Potter into considering Sironen, Koroibete & Moses.
Even with a bit of possession in the last few minutes I felt we "had nothing". Players with freak attacking talent like Marika Koroibete could have at least challenged the defence.
Only Brooks looked capable of snatching victory.

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:18 pm

Go Moltzen wrote:Very good summation.
Hopefully loss will sway coach Potter into considering Sironen, Koroibete & Moses.
Even with a bit of possession in the last few minutes I felt we "had nothing". Players with freak attacking talent like Marika Koroibete could have at least challenged the defence.
I like your username... I cannot wait for Moltzen to leave either!

Go Moltzen

Unread post by Go Moltzen » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:30 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
Go Moltzen wrote:Very good summation.
I like your username... I cannot wait for Moltzen to leave either!
Last edited by Go Moltzen on Sat 24 May, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:32 pm

king sirro wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
mtd wrote:

I blame Sitaleki for not pushing up there giving Brooks the option of passing behind Lulia which would have been an easy match winning try. But i need to see it again to be 100% sure on that. I might be being too hard on Akaoula
Meh, the whole team was out of sync in the last ten minutes. Was a shame because Brooks really looked good in the second half.

Anasta is utter dross and while I don't question Rowe's commitment I cannot wait for Teddy to return.

On the plus side, our defence had some venom tonight. I imagine there'll be a few ice baths in the Ponies dressing room tonight.
I'm the least you could do, if only life was easy as you...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

littletiger

Unread post by littletiger » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:42 pm

Coaches lost the game for us today on selections. Crop of better players that were playing nsw cup. Hopefully the tide is coming.

bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by bigsiro » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:45 pm

pacman wrote:Weird specimen of human being these men in pink..

I reckon that you are pretty much spot on with the exception of point 6. "Decent" at fullback is Minichiello, Moylan, Perrett, Mead.
Rowe is miles off the pace. He needs more fearlessness amongst other things and can develop in the lower grades IMO.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by bigsiro » Sat 24 May, 2014 10:46 pm

littletiger wrote:Coaches lost the game for us today on selections. Crop of better players that were playing nsw cup. Hopefully the tide is coming.
I agree.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Return to “Round 11: Wests Tigers vs Broncos”