Luke Brooks and Blake Austin

innsaneink

Re: Luke Brooks and Blake Austin

Post by innsaneink » Mon 26 May, 2014 6:00 pm

I think people forget Austin has played LESS than double the first grade games that Brooks has played.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 26 May, 2014 6:18 pm

austin reminds me a bit of josh reynolds... very energetic, a 100 miles/hour player... bad passing game, light on their feet but seem easy to knock over balance wise.

our halves' passing game is one of the worst in the comp tbh- imo mainly due to a lack of options though.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 26 May, 2014 6:18 pm

I think he has played less games than Ben Jeffries...

Austin has had 4 years in Grade, Jeffries any got 3?!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 26 May, 2014 7:34 pm

innsaneink wrote:I think people forget Austin has played LESS than double the first grade games that Brooks has played.
That is a good point.

Perhaps we need to give him time also.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 26 May, 2014 8:47 pm

I agree with you Goose.

At this point I don't think Austin is our answer at 5/8. Moses is the answer but maybe not until next year at best.
He has a lot to learn also (low number of NRL games). Play him with Brooks and you have the blind leading the blind. They both need more time and Moses will as well. Everyone wants to rush things. Patience.

Know most of you hate Anasta - he is there as a teacher and it is working well. Don't worry about what he is or isn't doing - look how fast Brooks is progressing.

If you don't believe he is doing anything - have a look how good Brooks plays when Anasta is in the side as opposed to when he wasn't. The kid was running around like a chook with it's head cut off.

We are not going to win the comp, yes we want to go well but more importantly we want to set ourselves up for 2015 / 16.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 26 May, 2014 9:28 pm

happy tiger wrote:Austin needs some glue remover

He runs far too often , especially close to the line
Like the run to score just before half time and get us back in the match against Parra? Or perhaps the try against the Titans to sort of get us back into that game?

Austin has been fantastic in the limited opportunities he has had and the circumstances he has mainly played - without Robbie.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 26 May, 2014 9:29 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:I think he has played less games than Ben Jeffries...

Austin has had 4 years in Grade, Jeffries any got 3?!
Nice try watto

4 years, pfft

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 26 May, 2014 9:53 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Austin needs some glue remover

He runs far too often , especially close to the line
Like the run to score just before half time and get us back in the match against Parra? Or perhaps the try against the Titans to sort of get us back into that game?

Austin has been fantastic in the limited opportunities he has had and the circumstances he has mainly played - without Robbie.
PP I'm not knocking the bloke , but if he wants to develop into a NRL 6 he needs to have and add to his game

As I said , if I was running a tip sheet over him as an opposition coach that would be what Id be talking about

If he can combine that with a deft passing game and can learn to communicate with the players around him he will be a solid NRL player