Pat Richards defended us with his right boot

ragedmachine

Pat Richards defended us with his right boot

Post by ragedmachine » Sun 25 May, 2014 9:54 am

His kick offs and drop outs utterly saved us from further damage to the scoreline.

Those errors the Broncos made from his boot gave us possession at times of need and the game could have easily slipped away from us if it wasn't for him - He swung the momentum and gave us the ball.

He is absolutely priceless and a workhorse - that 42 metre penalty goal was just business for him - no sweat at all.

The only blemish was his 'tackle without the ball' to give away the penalty, but if that's the worst he can do then I'm happy. He gives this team confidence and experience, would have loved to have seen him repeat that 2005 fend on Barba and score that runaway try!!

alex

Post by alex » Sun 25 May, 2014 9:59 am

He really crushes the old stereotype that wingers are a waste of space.

Three of his kick offs forced errors - the dropped ball over the deadball line, the short restart where Lulia regathered, and the dropout forcing the knock on. Not to mention his 45m penalty kick to get us back to level. Four huge plays in the game.

I just wish he would get into the middle more to use some of his soaring bombs - countless times in the second half Anasta and Austin were both rushed on and their kicks suffered. Get in there Patty, demand the ball!

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sun 25 May, 2014 10:28 am

alex wrote: I just wish he would get into the middle more to use some of his soaring bombs - countless times in the second half Anasta and Austin were both rushed on and their kicks suffered. Get in there Patty, demand the ball!
Surely we could use him for the odd clearing kick out of our end also.

I thought he was a little hard done by with that "tackled without the ball" penalty.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 25 May, 2014 10:40 am

Masterton wrote:
alex wrote: I just wish he would get into the middle more to use some of his soaring bombs - countless times in the second half Anasta and Austin were both rushed on and their kicks suffered. Get in there Patty, demand the ball!
Surely we could use him for the odd clearing kick out of our end also.

I thought he was a little hard done by with that "tackled without the ball" penalty.
Yeah I'm confused by that penalty

The ball appear to come off Copley's own leg after he passes it

I can't seem to find a decent angle on it , but if it has come off Copley's own leg Maranta is actually off side and the fact he was tackled without the ball should not mean diddly squat

I don't know if anyone else has a better angle than I have seen , but what is others opinions ??
Last edited by happy tiger on Sun 25 May, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 25 May, 2014 10:43 am

Soft soft BS penalty
Badger warned Keith moments earlier - "You will lose"
Prophetic, He wasnt wrong.

Patty needs to be on the end of the bombs, not putting em up

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sun 25 May, 2014 11:00 am

why in the world is he not kicking for touch, our touch finding is terrible.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sun 25 May, 2014 12:07 pm

bp tiger wrote:why in the world is he not kicking for touch, our touch finding is terrible.
I was sitting 3 rows back from the sideline right on the halfway. I saw Wests get a penalty and Anasta kicked right over my head making a paltry 10 metres. It was an absolute joke. He could have easily gotten another 10m.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!