Akoula

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25212
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 185 times

Akoula

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 25 May, 2014 11:22 am

Thought he was outstanding last night, especially his first spell

An unfortunate error or two here and there, but I thougt he went real good

Get some muscle on them bones and he'll be even more of a weapon, was very good with the ball


tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7901
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sun 25 May, 2014 11:24 am

He was on a mission in his first and his last stint. Not sure if he had a stint in the middle.

Absolute menace with the ball. Don't think Siro can replace him if he keeps going like this.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4343
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by Snake » Sun 25 May, 2014 11:26 am

He took a good hit in the first half ..don,t know whether it affected him but has potential no doubt.

User avatar
Colonel
Member
Member
Posts: 288
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 9:22 am

Unread post by Colonel » Sun 25 May, 2014 12:16 pm

tig_prmz wrote:He was on a mission in his first and his last stint. Not sure if he had a stint in the middle.

Absolute menace with the ball. Don't think Siro can replace him if he keeps going like this.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
I don't think he needs to. Gavet comes into the side for Lulia, Sironen in for either Austin or Anasta.

Four forwards on the bench with Sironen providing the utility value.

It's Patterson, Fulton and Halatau that I have the question marks over at the moment...

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 2831
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 88 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Sun 25 May, 2014 12:56 pm

Akoula ran hard and was solid in defence. I know Sirro is going make a great back rower ... and Austin should be 5/8. however during the SSO period when Austin goes to dummy half . Sirro should have a stint at 5/8. Our strength in attack (while Robbie is out) is big players running off Brooks. Sirro would excel at that. As does Akoula and Thompson.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...


MightyTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun 16 Mar, 2014 7:10 pm
Location: Wollongong

Unread post by MightyTiger » Sun 25 May, 2014 1:43 pm

He still has a lot of improving to do. No doubt he has a lot of ability but he seems to drift in and out of the game. He missed some vital tackles last night and pushed a couple of offloads that resulted in changeovers in possession, which were not called for.

I think a stint back in state cup with greater minutes to develop his game will help him as will a solid preseason where he can put some weight on and bulk up a bit. after all he is only young but I agree he will be a great player if he can just get rid of those few silly mistakes out of his game.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sun 25 May, 2014 2:05 pm

Akuola in my opinion is the best backrow prospect in the game.

But his miss on Hunt is hard to get out of my head ATM
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Furious1
Member
Member
Posts: 851
Joined: Thu 09 Jun, 2011 6:42 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Furious1 » Sun 25 May, 2014 2:28 pm

king sirro wrote:Akuola in my opinion is the best backrow prospect in the game.

But his miss on Hunt is hard to get out of my head ATM
It's not his first one this year. He has a habit of drifting in and out of games. There's no doubt he has massive potential, and I'm looking forward to watching his development

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7901
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sun 25 May, 2014 2:32 pm

I like his hairstyle. Looks like one of those Asian kung fu guys.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
dermo
Member
Member
Posts: 584
Joined: Sun 20 Feb, 2011 3:02 pm

Unread post by dermo » Sun 25 May, 2014 7:00 pm

good player with the ball in hand when he runs hard but a big liability in defence, gets very lazy and misses crucial tackles. his miss on hunt last night was not his first big miss of the year. has some potential yes but your laughing if you think he's a better prospect than sirro who is the best second rower at the club, he's the size of a front rower with the skills of a 5/8, drooling at the thought of him running off brooks.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5507
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sun 25 May, 2014 8:07 pm

dermo wrote:good player with the ball in hand when he runs hard but a big liability in defence, gets very lazy and misses crucial tackles. his miss on hunt last night was not his first big miss of the year. has some potential yes but your laughing if you think he's a better prospect than sirro who is the best second rower at the club, he's the size of a front rower with the skills of a 5/8, drooling at the thought of him running off brooks.
I rate Sirro the next SBW so i have to rate him along side Sitaleki.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 30376
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: Perth
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by willow » Sun 25 May, 2014 8:57 pm

I don't think he knows just how good he could be to be honest. At the moment he's tall and rangy, obviously very strong as he dents the line more often than not and has one of the better offloads going around. What he needs to work on is:

1. Focus, which will probably come from improved fitness and experience. He tends to drift in and out of games and has come up with a couple of poor missed tackles as a result. If he improves his focus and intensity, look out.

2. Size. He's not small but I reckon another 5kg on his frame will have him hurting blokes.

I still think he's best served coming off the bench, like Gavet as he does provide impact. Looking at the next 6-10 weeks, I reckon the forward pack could end up looking like:

8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Sirro
12. Thompson
13. Blair

14. Taupau
15. Sue
16. Gavet
17. Akauola
18. Seumanufagai

User avatar
softlaw
Member
Member
Posts: 3767
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:43 pm
Location: The Monaro. South of Canberra.
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by softlaw » Sun 25 May, 2014 9:27 pm

willow wrote: 8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Sirro
12. Thompson
13. Blair

14. Taupau
15. Sue
16. Gavet
17. Akauola
18. Seumanufagai
If everyone plays to potential that is a seriously brutal forward pack! & it would be peaking at just the right time...
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Goose
Member
Member
Posts: 4633
Joined: Tue 21 Sep, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Concord

Unread post by Goose » Mon 26 May, 2014 5:58 pm

I think Akoula has been a bit of mixed bag, his first game or 2 was very good.

He was poor in the last couple before he was dropped.

In attack on the weekend he was very good. I think he is a poor defender. I rate alot of our youngsters ahead of him.

That said, he definitely has potential.

PYMBLEPETE
Member
Member
Posts: 1045
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:15 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by PYMBLEPETE » Mon 26 May, 2014 9:31 pm

I agree Goose; good with ball in hand. Unfortunately Gavet is a bit out of this mold has well. Still, both have a lot of improving in them and will be good one day.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36042
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 26 May, 2014 9:44 pm

willow wrote:I don't think he knows just how good he could be to be honest. At the moment he's tall and rangy, obviously very strong as he dents the line more often than not and has one of the better offloads going around. What he needs to work on is:

1. Focus, which will probably come from improved fitness and experience. He tends to drift in and out of games and has come up with a couple of poor missed tackles as a result. If he improves his focus and intensity, look out.

2. Size. He's not small but I reckon another 5kg on his frame will have him hurting blokes.

I still think he's best served coming off the bench, like Gavet as he does provide impact. Looking at the next 6-10 weeks, I reckon the forward pack could end up looking like:

8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Sirro
12. Thompson
13. Blair

14. Taupau
15. Sue
16. Gavet
17. Akauola
18. Seumanufagai
I'd switch Sue with Sirro at this stage still

Prefer Jesse Sue's mongrel ,Sirro would be very effective off the bench

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36042
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 26 May, 2014 9:47 pm

innsaneink wrote:Thought he was outstanding last night, especially his first spell

An unfortunate error or two here and there, but I thougt he went real good

Get some muscle on them bones and he'll be even more of a weapon, was very good with the ball
Hope they can add at least 5-8 KG more to his frame , but he is pretty stringy , will he have the same issues that Fulton has with putting weight and muscle on Ink ??

alexaki
Member
Member
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 4:21 pm

Unread post by alexaki » Mon 26 May, 2014 9:49 pm

Would make a very damaging centre

Post Reply

Return to “Round 11: Wests Tigers vs Broncos”