Your team to take on the Knights

Newtown

Re: Your team to take on the Knights

Post by Newtown » Sun 01 Jun, 2014 5:13 pm

everett wrote:I can not beleive some of the Forum members comments and attitude in relation to Teddy.

He is with us for 2014 so it he is fit and available then he should be picked at full back.

Potter needs to pick the best 17 available each and every week.

We are a real chance to play semis this year.

If Teddy's form drops then I am happy for him to be dropped.

If we drop out the finals race then look to blood Simona or Rowe at full back.
The real question is whether Teddy will consistently play flat out and as a team man for the rest of the seaon. So many players in his current position lose interest. The pressure will be on him . If he plays well he earns selection. If he loses interest he gets dropped.

Rambo2714

Post by Rambo2714 » Sun 01 Jun, 2014 6:09 pm

Tigerdave wrote:Just don't think Rowe is going to make it in 1st grade, but wouldn't we be better off thinking of a long term Teddy replacement and playing that replacement this year rather than next?

Of course, there's probably no one else anyway, unless we give Simona a go at fullback.
How about we just pick the best 17 each week .

If late in the season we aren't a chance of making finals , then I would drop tedesco to give others game time

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Wests for life !

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Sun 01 Jun, 2014 6:14 pm

I believe that they should play Moses this week. Simple reason is he will be full of confidence and riding high from his genuinely impressive display against Wenty. In addition Fulton is out and hence there is a good chance Siro will start.

This will give him a ready made combo with Siro and Brooks from which to succeed.

If they are going to play him in firsts this year then this week is perfect.

I would have Austin on the bench as a utility.

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sun 01 Jun, 2014 6:17 pm

1.Tedesco
2.Nofoaluma
3.Fine
4.Simona
5.Richards
6.Austin
7.Brooks
8.Woods
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Sironen
12.Paterson
13.Blair
14.Tapau
15.Gavet
16.Ava
17.Sue

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Sun 01 Jun, 2014 6:34 pm

I think that Moses is a first-grader through and through. The sole reason he's not already in the side in my opinion is his size. If he partners Brooks in the halves, the opposition will just run their forwards at the two of them all day.

He is twice the player Anasta is at the moment, in my opinion. In attack, anyway.

blaze2

Post by blaze2 » Sun 01 Jun, 2014 7:11 pm

Stripes96 wrote:I think that Moses is a first-grader through and through. The sole reason he's not already in the side in my opinion is his size. If he partners Brooks in the halves, the opposition will just run their forwards at the two of them all day.

He is twice the player Anasta is at the moment, in my opinion. In attack, anyway.
I think this notion that Moses is too small for first grade is BS... The boys in under 20's aren't exactly little these days... NSW cup is full of first graders every day of the week and he carved them up already... Bring the kid up already, he is no smaller than bro okay and he is loving the challenge... Drop anasta and bring in Moses now, some of the best tradesmen are thrown in at the deep end...

blaze2

Post by blaze2 » Sun 01 Jun, 2014 7:15 pm

No smaller than "brooksy" bloody auto correct...

mikey

Post by mikey » Sun 01 Jun, 2014 7:39 pm

Front row for Teddy in the lowest grade he can possibly play. Directions to run it up for the first 5 tackles. If he doesn't do it he doesn't get paid.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sun 01 Jun, 2014 8:36 pm

My take:

1.JT
2.Koroibete
3.Nofoaluma
4.Simona
5.Richards
6.Austin
7.Brooks
8.Woods
9.Farah
10.Galloway
11.Sironen
12.Thompson
13.Blair

14.Tapau
15.Gavet
16.Seumanufagai
17.Sue

Go Tigers :sign:

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Sun 01 Jun, 2014 9:00 pm

everett wrote:I can not beleive some of the Forum members comments and attitude in relation to Teddy.

He is with us for 2014 so it he is fit and available then he should be picked at full back.

Screw Tedesco, he's told the Tigers he doesn't want to play for them in 2015 and beyond, so why should we want him in 2014?

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 01 Jun, 2014 9:19 pm

Sabre wrote:

Screw Tedesco, he's told the Tigers he doesn't want to play for them in 2015 and beyond, so why should we want him in 2014?
Yep thats how I feel. He can go now. I will feel zero enjoyment supporting a team with him in it.

First time I have felt this way in 30 years of watching league.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 01 Jun, 2014 9:25 pm

Lawrence and Anasta are now past 1st grade standard for what ever reason. They were both good players and nobody can take that away from them but we have to pick the best 17 players and they are not in the mix.

Maybe you might give Lawrence a couple of weeks playing outside a no6 that might put a ball on that actually gives him some daylight, but what I have seen their are a couple of outside backs in reserve grade screaming out for a shot.

I have been Potters no1 supporter, but he needs to make some very hard calls because if walks away from these calls, Mayer and the board will judge him on the teams results and that will mean curtains, because the results will not happen with the current set up

tottie

Post by tottie » Sun 01 Jun, 2014 9:53 pm

Potter is safe, he has cleaned the joint up in less than two yrs and needs to finish the job. You dont want to be here than out you go. This includes teddy now and hopefully he adds those past there value in lawrence anasta moltzen

Master Tiger

Post by Master Tiger » Sun 01 Jun, 2014 10:28 pm

1. Tedesco
2. Koroibete
3. Nofoaluma
4. Simona
5. Richards

6. Austin/Moses
7. Brooks

8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Sironen
12. Thompson
13. Blair

14. Taupau
15. Seumanufagai
16. Gavet
17. Akauola

This team will bring speed and attack to the Tigers.. Don't wanna see Anasta in first grade again!

Tigertigertiger

Post by Tigertigertiger » Mon 02 Jun, 2014 12:13 am

Gary Jack or Andrew Leeds available?

everett

Post by everett » Mon 02 Jun, 2014 6:50 am

I agree Lawrence and Anasta should go. Adding nothing to current side.

Nofo to centre and Koro to wing (try scoring machine)

Austin or Moses to five eight.

Need 4 big bloppers on the bench

Sirro to start with Thompson in the second row.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 02 Jun, 2014 7:04 am

Re fullback selection:
I don't agree with the twisted knickers view about Tedesco being not selected. He's a kid and has to live with his decision, good or bad.
I also don't agree that selecting him (because we have to select our best) is wise. I don't necessarily agree he is now our best. He has moved on. He will not be wanting to put his body on the line for his (now-ex) team.
I believe we need to be building the team for the future and making positional selections on that basis. Rowe or another. I don't write Rowe off under Potter's tutelage.
Hopefully, Potter can see the above and I will trust in his selection. If he needs to pick Tedesco while sorting out his replacement I won't be outraged, but I hope he starts the chosen replacement well before the end of the season.
"Quality Stupidity"

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 02 Jun, 2014 8:02 am

For the same reason Iam calling for Anasta and Lawrence to be replaced,is why I think Tedesco must be selected. We must pick our best 17 and give the team the best chance of winning. A winning team generates interest and that generates money in the clubs bank account