Wests Tigers official team v Knights

Black Orange White

Wests Tigers official team v Knights

Post by Black Orange White » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 7:27 pm

Another game where we play with 15.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 7:31 pm

Im not surprised, weve seen it before and we'll see it again.

Players of Anastas standing, be it longevity, experience, previous rep honours, salary etc - coaches, young coaches particulalrly are reluctant to drop them for all matter of reasons.
Pressure from the board, CEO, sponsors can play a part, we seen it with guys like sandow & t-rexx at times too

We saw it for years with sheens..people still think he is some sort of god.
Cam Smith - we all know he was in on the cheating, yet he is revered in the game, journos and everyone stick their heads in the sand - dont wanna know

.I dont know exactly why Anasta seems teflon coated, but it happens a lot in the game

Hes the only player I know who can make it seem like hes kicking a half inflated football, even the sound it makes, not to mention the distance and direction

RL politics eh

strrretch

Post by strrretch » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 8:05 pm

I too wouldn't mind seeing Austin named in Anastas' place but having said that, I don't think Anastas form is that bad he should be dropped.
Am happy to have faith in the coaches picks at this stage.
I think the side overall is looking great.
The depth is fantastic

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 8:13 pm

Ill have Fulton everyday of the week over Siro. I don't rate Siro as much as most.

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 8:13 pm

It's just a little harder to get excited about watching on the weekend.

I watch partly for the game on the day and partly for how the team is developing. I enjoy thinking about where the team will be in the future.

On the weekend how can I take pleasure in how the back line is developing when Tedesco is playing. He won't be there. If we play well it becomes a negative, ie 'in the future we will be worse'. If we play poorly I will be disparaged by the club choosing short term success over rewarding club loyal players. Ie has playing Tedesco upset the spirit in the team referred to above as synergy.

We have plenty of talented players who deserve the shot. Moses earned his shot last week. If our good enough your big enough.

The club has run a marketing campaign this year which emphasised the young talent. It has worked on me a treat. Now it is backfiring big time.

I bought tickets to the coaches night next week. I will be asking about it then.

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 8:28 pm

I believe that the spirit of our club has taken some massive poundings over the past 3 years. In no order they are:

1. Offloading on contract players who weren't playing badly and were good club man especially after recently resigning them.

2. Having corrupt people associated with the club

3. Ownership and Boardroom bickering

4.. Playing players last year who blatantly disrespected the club. Not just Benji but Ashford with his pedestrian effort levels and Anasta with his terrible lack of skill in game after game. It damaged how I saw the club when I continually saw uninterested players wearing our sacred jersey.

Overall I believe fans are more impacted by winning and losing. I believe the above impacts members. Mayer has done a fine job getting members back and engaged. That said I fear Potter is doing point 4 all over again in trying to 'respect Tedesco's choice', and 'Valuing Anasta's experience'.

I would prefer Potter focus on building a club and a future. 2013 wounds are still raw.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 8:45 pm

Flippedy wrote:I thought all this would've stopped once Benji left, but alas no. Looks like the number 6 has become a thorn in the side, yet again!
I think he needs to play Moses there a.s.a.p.
Mccarry wrote:4.. Playing players last year who blatantly disrespected the club. Not just Benji but Ashford with his pedestrian effort levels and Anasta with his terrible lack of skill in game after game. It damaged how I saw the club when I continually saw uninterested players wearing our sacred jersey.

Overall I believe fans are more impacted by winning and losing. I believe the above impacts members. Mayer has done a fine job getting members back and engaged. That said I fear Potter is doing point 4 all over again in trying to 'respect Tede$co's choice', and 'Valuing Anasta's experience'.

I would prefer Potter focus on building a club and a future. 2013 wounds are still raw.
I think this is a great point. I think we need to develop a winning culture and to do so players should know that they will not get picked if they aren't performing or acting in the way we expect them too. Tedesco & Anasta should go. We have other options.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 8:49 pm

I think Potter has a done a fantastic job so far - I am happy to leave the selections to him.
Especially seeing it is his head on the chopping block.

Why do most of the posters think they know more than him?

I'm glad Anasta is there for a few reasons:

He is teaching Brooks plenty.
I don't want to see him make mistakes if he can avoid them - I want him to learn and not from mistakes.
Go back please you guys and have a look at the video of the games so far.

What you are looking for is this:
How good Brooks is with Anasta and how he makes heaps of mistakes or does nothing when Anasta isn't there. This is no put down of Brooks - it is a put up for Anasta.

Austin needs Anasta's help as well - he is not going to do anything to help Brooks.
In fact I don't think he is a very good 5/8.
Moses is the answer but not yet - one or two games at the end of the season / build up in the off season / into it in 2015. Same sort of build up as Brooks. Lets not kill him before he gets started. NRL is a lot harder than what he's been doing.

Next scenario - play anyone at full back it seems - if they are in the team obviously they can play there.
I'm waiting for Galloway's name to be mentioned. Come to think of it!!!! Naw ya wouldn't suggest it would ya?

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 8:52 pm

Mccarry wrote:It's just a little harder to get excited about watching on the weekend.

I watch partly for the game on the day and partly for how the team is developing. I enjoy thinking about where the team will be in the future.
I know exactly how you feel mccarry. At the start of the season all I wanted was for the team to play with heart and to watch potential developing to kinetic, if you like.

I'm usually more pragmatic with players leaving, and leading up to Teddy's signing said I didn't blame him for leaving for so much more money.

But since he signed I think bugger him! After everything the tigers have done for him why should they continue to be a platform for his development?

I'd much rather the remainder of this year was used to finding his replacement ASAP.

I'm sorry if I am being too parallel to the actual topic; it just really annoyed me seeing him named!!!

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 9:06 pm

Still haven't got over Teddy leaving. A Wests junior and I feel that this guy is a bit like Marshall 10 years ago where many on here didn't like him completely but without him we would have won nothing, has that X factor should have been rapt up by club with say 500k contract immediately rather than been given a low ball offer to start allowing others to have a go.

Anyway he needs to be there while there and so does Fulton for his creativity.Our try scoring is way down in recent weeks with stars out.

Really miss Gavet keeps opposition honest.

And reckon Korebeitie should be picked in front of Nofo atm. We need the speed.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 9:42 pm

It's groundhog day with Anasta.

2 seasons later and Sheens is still stuffing with my mind.

There are two 5/8 in much better form.

It's nothing personal with Anasta i've done my best to see what Potter seas but I can find nothing.

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 9:54 pm

Is he (Anasta) actually going to play? Sirro lurking ominously in 18 makes me wonder if a reason will be found on game day for him not to trot out. Just speculating.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 9:55 pm

I'm happy enough with the side, I hope Siro comes into the squad, guess that would see Austin drop off.
I don't like the Brooks/ Austin combination, think they both over play there hands a bit at this stage and gives us a player on each side that can be a target in defense.

Anasta is more willing to take a back seat and distribute.
I am happy with the side

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 11:21 pm

I would love it if he could distribute a few try assists to Simona and Nofo. :D

Post by 851 » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 11:44 pm

PYMBLEPETE wrote:Is he (Anasta) actually going to play? Sirro lurking ominously in 18 makes me wonder if a reason will be found on game day for him not to trot out. Just speculating.
I hope so,Braith,please Mick we are not fools,we see what he dishes up every week.
Go hard or go home

Year of the Tiger

Post by Year of the Tiger » Wed 04 Jun, 2014 6:37 pm

Sabre wrote:How badly does Anasta need to play to be dropped? And by how much does Austin need to outperform him to take his starting spot....
Has it been said yet? But he is a clone of Josh Reynolds. Must start and soon

2 October 2005 was the greatest day of my life ...

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Wed 04 Jun, 2014 8:15 pm

turnstyle wrote:
Mccarry wrote:It's just a little harder to get excited about watching on the weekend.

I know exactly how you feel mccarry. At the start of the season all I wanted was for the team to play with heart and to watch potential developing to kinetic, if you like.

I'm usually more pragmatic with players leaving, and leading up to Teddy's signing said I didn't blame him for leaving for so much more money.

But since he signed I think bugger him! After everything the tigers have done for him why should they continue to be a platform for his development?

I'd much rather the remainder of this year was used to finding his replacement ASAP.

I'm sorry if I am being too parallel to the actual topic; it just really annoyed me seeing him named!!!
after tonights news tedesco is staying we can now go right back to watching the future super team develop... right back to shuddering at every tedesco hit up... and most importantly, there is no longer a player in the side i don't care about. :)

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Wed 04 Jun, 2014 8:16 pm

turnstyle wrote:and most importantly, there is no longer a player in the side i don't care about. :)
Anasta?
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.