Wests Tigers official team v Knights

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Re: Wests Tigers official team v Knights

Post by turnstyle » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:07 pm

strange i reacted this way (maybe?) but when i saw the team and tedesco's name i groaned and did the eye roll thing.... sad, but it is weird having someone in the side i simply dont care about any more.
transfers should only be publicised when they are effective immediately!!

Aladinsane

Post by Aladinsane » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:09 pm

Tigerdave wrote:Besides the 6, good side.

Where are we going to fit all these players? Austin in for Anasta, Gavet on the bench, Siro in for Fulton?
If we are lucky with injuries for the rest of the year , the NSW Cup team will win the comp & 1st grade will come very close
Pity the NSW Cup team have come in from $21 to $7 to win it

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:11 pm

turnstyle wrote:strange i reacted this way (maybe?) but when i saw the team and Tede$co's name i groaned and did the eye roll thing.... sad, but it is weird having someone in the side i simply dont care about any more.
Boo Tede$co, booo.

Someone had to do it.

I certainly was a bit disappointed when I saw the NSW Cup team first, and Rowe at #1. Funny what a difference a month makes in my opinion.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:14 pm

supercoach wrote:
Pokies wrote:Oh dear another week of Anasta at 6.
Its not going to change he will be picked week in and week out, it must be starting to play on the minds of the other players in the team. I would love Potter, Mayer or who ever justify his selection, maybe its just me, some one please tell me what Iam missing.
I don't reckon you're missing anything. I hate some of the theoretical waffle I read on this forum but this may start another one. What's the chance Potter's hands are tied re Anasta? Reading between the lines, Anasta is that little bit too cocky in interviews re his ongoing selection. Even immediately after he's had a shocker. He must have mates in high or higher places. Surely Potter is seeing what we do or am I that Naive?
"Quality Stupidity"

MightyTiger

Post by MightyTiger » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:14 pm

Why does Potter persist with Anasta? I fully understood his selection through the past 6-8 weeks as we had injuries and rep players out, that's fair enough. But now we have a near full strength squad and he still gets picked?

All Anasta has done all year is hinder the team and starve our backs of quality ball, which clearly shows with the form of our backs playing on Anasta's side.

I don't have any criticism towards Potter except this. Grow a set Potter and drop Anasta, put Austin at 5/8 for the rest of the year or Moses and watch the team develop, grow combinations and be a far greater team with a 5/8 that not only will have a go but plays for the team. Something Anasta has never done!

blake2005

Post by blake2005 » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:18 pm

Are we going to need to sign a petition to get Braith out of the 6 haha This is becoming ridiculous

Tygr

Post by Tygr » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:18 pm

turnstyle wrote:strange i reacted this way (maybe?) but when i saw the team and Tede$co's name i groaned and did the eye roll thing.... sad, but it is weird having someone in the side i simply dont care about any more.
i look at it this way. now whenever tedesco runs the ball i wont have to hold my breath every time he steps at the line or goes down awkwardly.

philgood

Post by philgood » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:20 pm

Where is Corey Patterson? He's not listed as injured

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:25 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:
Its not going to change he will be picked week in and week out, it must be starting to play on the minds of the other players in the team. I would love Potter, Mayer or who ever justify his selection, maybe its just me, some one please tell me what Iam missing.
I don't reckon you're missing anything. I hate some of the theoretical waffle I read on this forum but this may start another one. What's the chance Potter's hands are tied re Anasta? Reading between the lines, Anasta is that little bit too cocky in interviews re his ongoing selection. Even immediately after he's had a shocker. He must have mates in high or higher places. Surely Potter is seeing what we do or am I that Naive?
Anasta must have naked photos of potter in a compromising position ? There is no other logical explanation ? Anasta even spoke of how brooks is taking control of games in recent weeks !

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
Offical member of the MCK fan club.

spearby

Post by spearby » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:27 pm

good side pity about anasta good luck to teddy play the house down help to get us in the finals before you go to Canberra bugger

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:27 pm

Its a good side but I really want to see the last of Anasta and Tedesco.

alex

Post by alex » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:37 pm

Best thing would be Austin to start at 5/8 and Siro to come on to the bench. Anasta can join his Fox buddies in the commentary box

turnstyle

Post by turnstyle » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:37 pm

Tygr wrote:
i look at it this way. now whenever Tede$co runs the ball i wont have to hold my breath every time he steps at the line or goes down awkwardly.
was it you who said that in the tedesco thread just after he had signed? i thought the exact same thing, which is not a nice thought to have, but just illustrates the "merc" like feel to his playing for the rest of this season (imo).

he is obviously the best fullback in the club, but given he is leaving at the end of the year, i think i would tend to lean towards persisting with rowe or trying austin there, or nofo and bringing in koro.

i think a big part of a successful team is the immeasurable gap between 13 players simply being on the field in the same clothes and 13 players acting synergistically.

it is trite to say the sum of the whole is greater than that of its parts, but what do people think about the effect tedesco would have on the team's spirit/camaraderie as opposed to someone else whose future is invested in the tigers?

im sorry if im not articulating this well, but let me try to simplify:

do people here think the team would do better with or without tedesco in the side?!

i think they are better off without him....

thesquid

Post by thesquid » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:45 pm

So with anasta putting more pressure on brooks, not less, not offering any real organisation skills to control the play, not a calming affect to brooks, then why do we supporters have to put up with such an ineffective pairing. Why is he there.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:46 pm

Brilliant quote Turnstyle
"i think a big part of a successful team is the immeasurable gap between 13 players simply being on the field in the same clothes and 13 players acting synergistically.

it is trite to say the sum of the whole is greater than that of its parts, but what do people think about the effect Tede$co would have on the team's spirit/camaraderie as opposed to someone else whose future is invested in the tigers?"

That's my thinking to a T and could't have said it better. I just feel it's a pity we feel compelled to play Marquee players from another club instead of our own.
"Quality Stupidity"

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:48 pm

Great to have a lot of our troops back & hopefully we can continue the momentum we had prior to Robbie & tedesco's injury.

A couple of things though, surely it's time to drop Anasta for Austin. Brooks doesn't need an "experienced" halves partner to help him run the team anymore & if he stuffs up well he'll learn from it.

And Lawrence, although he's been solid hasn't been a threat with or without the ball for a while. I think it's time he made way for Nofo in the centre's & then bring koro in on the wing. Can't let that strike power go to waste anymore.

Re: teddy, happy for him to stay 1st choice fb as long as he continues to play 100%, players come & go but as soon as he stops playing for the team bring back Rowe or give Nofo/Simona a chance at the back.

Really hoping Gavet is back soon.

turnstyle

Post by turnstyle » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 6:52 pm

NT Tiger wrote:Brilliant quote Turnstyle
"i think a big part of a successful team is the immeasurable gap between 13 players simply being on the field in the same clothes and 13 players acting synergistically.

it is trite to say the sum of the whole is greater than that of its parts, but what do people think about the effect Tede$co would have on the team's spirit/camaraderie as opposed to someone else whose future is invested in the tigers?"

That's my thinking to a T and could't have said it better. I just feel it's a pity we feel compelled to play Marquee players from another club instead of our own.
you mean there are actually people who get past the first paragraph of my posts?!! :lol:

thank you NT. :)

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Tue 03 Jun, 2014 7:14 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
NT Tiger wrote:
supercoach wrote:
Anasta must have naked photos of potter in a compromising position ? There is no other logical explanation ? Anasta even spoke of how brooks is taking control of games in recent weeks !

I thought all this would've stopped once Benji left, but alas no. Looks like the number 6 has become a thorn in the side, yet again!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen