Wests Tigers official team v Knights

pHyR3

Re: Wests Tigers official team v Knights

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 07 Jun, 2014 6:03 pm

formerguest wrote:
joebob wrote:Ava has been named for NSW Cup, after being named on bench for NRL. so Austin and Siro must both be in NRL.
Surprised with this change from Potter, as it goes against his usual grain. Austin seemed the logical omission with Sirro coming in.
why? sironen is not a half anymore and will never play there again (barring injuries).

replaced a back rower with a prop. which makes sense cause we dont have many impact backrowers that can play well off the bench (unlike our impact props).
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 07 Jun, 2014 6:20 pm

My preferred side, shame about Ava missing out. We'll struggle to cover him.

1. Tedesco
2. Nofoaluma
3. Lawrence
4. Simona
5. Richards
16. Austin
7. Brooks
8. Woods
13. Blair
12. Thompson
18. Sironen
10. Kilo
9. Farah

11. Fulton
14. Sue
15. Tapau
17. Ava

I understand keeping Austin in the team given he has performed well, but how can you drop a prop at the expense of an impostor like Anasta? It's a straight swap and no-brainer for mine.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 07 Jun, 2014 7:04 pm

pHyR3 wrote:why? sironen is not a half anymore and will never play there again (barring injuries).

replaced a back rower with a prop. which makes sense cause we dont have many impact backrowers that can play well off the bench (unlike our impact props).
I don't know where you got the idea that I consider Sirro to be anything other than a stop gap half. A bench of three middle players and one backrower is what I was alluding to.

I do see some good points in Austin, but certainly don't have a man crush for him. With Robbie playing this week, it would not bother me one way or the other if he was chosen over Anasta. I simply prefer a strong bench, as Potter has shown a preference for when near full strength, and don't see a spot for him, especially on a slow track against the knights

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 07 Jun, 2014 11:15 pm

The side looks unbalanced without Ava in my opinion

Seeing that most of us are expecting to see a slogfest in the wet conditions , I just can't understand no Ava

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sat 07 Jun, 2014 11:24 pm

formerguest wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:why? sironen is not a half anymore and will never play there again (barring injuries).

I don't know where you got the idea that I consider Sirro to be anything other than a stop gap half. A bench of three middle players and one backrower is what I was alluding to.

I do see some good points in Austin, but certainly don't have a man crush for him. With Robbie playing this week, it would not bother me one way or the other if he was chosen over Anasta. I simply prefer a strong bench, as Potter has shown a preference for when near full strength, and don't see a spot for him, especially on a slow track against the knights
since you said sironen in for austin, i assumed you wanted siro to be a kind of utility bench player like austin. my bad!
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

palms

Post by palms » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 12:42 am

Austin is no doubt being given increased game time to gel with Brooks, while still being able to draw on the experience of Anasta, with the plan to start him in the back end of the year. I think Ava is unlucky but we have the troops to cover him. Woods plays big minutes, Taupau has impact when he is on, with Blair moving into the Prop rotation once Sironen comes on. That leaves us with 4 rotational props with Sue covering the lock position once Blair moves up front. I like the move and I think it gives us a dynamic pack that still has big workers in Fulton, Farah, Woods and Thompson.

alex

Post by alex » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 8:20 am

If Austin is used as a replacement lock like he was against Brisbane I will wait by the team bus and give Potter a speaking to. It didn't work.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

alex

Post by alex » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 8:20 am

If Austin is used as a replacement lock like he was against Brisbane I will wait by the team bus and give Potter a speaking to. It didn't work.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

joebob

Post by joebob » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 8:42 am

palms wrote:Austin is no doubt being given increased game time to gel with Brooks, while still being able to draw on the experience of Anasta, with the plan to start him in the back end of the year. I think Ava is unlucky but we have the troops to cover him. Woods plays big minutes, Taupau has impact when he is on, with Blair moving into the Prop rotation once Sironen comes on. That leaves us with 4 rotational props with Sue covering the lock position once Blair moves up front. I like the move and I think it gives us a dynamic pack that still has big workers in Fulton, Farah, Woods and Thompson.
Yeah I think you are right about slowly bringing Austin into the team. I think Potter (rightly or wrongly) is keeping Anasta in the team till the Origin period is over. He is trying to make minimal changes as possible. Hopefully another month (god help us) and we will see Austin take over from Anasta.