Surely that was not a try

cktiger

Re: Surely that was not a try

Post by cktiger » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 8:51 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sully wrote:I thought he grounded the ball and should have been a drop out. Whilst I would like to see Austin as our 5/8 until Moses is ready I cannot fault Anasta for going for the ball. Imagine what he would have copped if they ran past him and scored, people on here would have said bad things about him. Oh wait a minute !!!!
Im doubtful he grounded it but it was clearly his ball....despite there being no call of ''mine''
There were goalposts to deal with as well, a difficult take but it seemed to me Teddy was out of position in this case.
Harsh to be blaming Anasta, if Teddy doesnt contact him Braith takes it clean and we have 7 tackles and 6 less points against us
He wasn't the only Tiger player he knocked over - there were at least three! :lol:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 8:57 am

formerguest wrote:Not only should we have had a twenty metre tap from an earlier ref mistake, obviously they don't think that Anasta has a torso with which to ground the ball.

Notwithstanding anything else, that was a superb effort from Braith.
It was a try and stop calling me Surely

Seriously though , that was the last call I expected , he had control when he hit the ground

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 9:08 am

Just on a different angle, in the field of play if a player is knocked out the ref calls time off and usually the player recovers and plays the ball even if the other team picks up the ball. Correct?

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 9:20 am

Yeh, but everything is different in goal

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 9:21 am

innsaneink wrote:Im doubtful he grounded it but it was clearly his ball....despite there being no call of ''mine''
There were goalposts to deal with as well, a difficult take but it seemed to me Teddy was out of position in this case.
Harsh to be blaming Anasta, if Teddy doesnt contact him Braith takes it clean and we have 7 tackles and 6 less points against us
Pretty well how I saw it apart from the grounding, which at worst was forced with his torso. Like Happy, to me the ball was still in his left hand as both it and his chin hit the deck.

Seriously though , that was the last call I expected , he had control when he hit the ground[/quote]

There would be uproar if we had not won. So good to have Patty to get us the two points when we score one less try, in what may well turn out to be a season defining effort.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 9:27 am

formerguest wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Im doubtful he grounded it but it was clearly his ball....despite there being no call of ''mine''
Pretty well how I saw it apart from the grounding, which at worst was forced with his torso. Like Happy, to me the ball was still in his left hand as both it and his chin hit the deck.

Seriously though , that was the last call I expected , he had control when he hit the ground

There would be uproar if we had not won. So good to have Patty to get us the two points when we score one less try, in what may well turn out to be a season defining effort.[/quote]
Yeah that is a strange stat isn't it

And we beat Parra also after scoring less tries

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 9:59 am

We were sitting just to the right of the goal post and the thought that was a try never entered our heads. Worst case his torso landed on the ball forcing it. I thought he still had control when it hit the ground. We were stunned when a try was awarded, it wasn't even a remote thought. No way was that a try.

Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 10:12 am

Did the on field umpire say try or no try? If he said no try then there is no way in hell that the video ref could've said try.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 10:16 am

tig_prmz wrote:Did the on field umpire say try or no try? If he said no try then there is no way in hell that the video ref could've said try.

It didnt seem that he made a recommendation. Very strange turn of events.

derailed

Post by derailed » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 10:44 am

southerntiger wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:Did the on field umpire say try or no try? If he said no try then there is no way in hell that the video ref could've said try.

He said Try

At the best Anasta grounds it with his torso.

He jumped from the field of play so there would have been no seven tackles

50/50 I say so the video guys had to go with the on field call

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 10:47 am

derailed wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

He said Try

At the best Anasta grounds it with his torso.

He jumped from the field of play so there would have been no seven tackles

50/50 I say so the video guys had to go with the on field call
I didnt notice that but at first I never anticipated it being a try. I assumed they were just going up to check drop out v 20m restart.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 10:19 pm

happy tiger wrote:
formerguest wrote:Not only should we have had a twenty metre tap from an earlier ref mistake, obviously they don't think that Anasta has a torso with which to ground the ball.

Notwithstanding anything else, that was a superb effort from Braith.[/quot

Righto, Shirley.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 10:30 pm

sideline eye wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Notwithstanding anything else, that was a superb effort from Braith.[/quot

Righto, Shirley.
Don't mess with Frank Drebbin ;)

barra

Post by barra » Tue 10 Jun, 2014 12:26 pm

tw33k wrote:
Sully wrote:I thought he grounded the ball and should have been a drop out. Whilst I would like to see Austin as our 5/8 until Moses is ready I cannot fault Anasta for going for the ball. Imagine what he would have copped if they ran past him and scored, people on here would have said bad things about him. Oh wait a minute !!!!
I disagree. Tedesco looked to have it covered easily. If Anasta let him take it we would have had a 20 meter re-start.
Anyone that has played in #1 will know it was Tedesco's ball. He was running to it (not back to it like Anasta) and had a much easier take. Anasta should have looked and seen what was happening and acted as a shield like all the opposition players do.

It was a spectacular attempt but unnecessary!