Surely that was not a try

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Surely that was not a try

Post by formerguest » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 2:41 pm

Not only should we have had a twenty metre tap from an earlier ref mistake, obviously they don't think that Anasta has a torso with which to ground the ball.

Notwithstanding anything else, that was a superb effort from Braith.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 2:57 pm

formerguest wrote:Not only should we have had a twenty metre tap from an earlier ref mistake, obviously they don't think that Anasta has a torso with which to ground the ball.

Dont understand it all. Disgraceful decision.

I actually it should have our penalty for touching the player in the air. In an earlier game this year we got penalised for something very similar to that.

But irrespective ball was clearly grounded with the torso. Obviously they needed to see a hole in the ground to be convinced.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

willow

Post by willow » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 4:07 pm

Questions will certainly be asked after the game about that decision I reckon.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 4:13 pm

If it were someone going for a try I think they give the green lights on the grounding that Anasta did

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 4:16 pm

yeah that could have hurt us

Tigersman

Post by Tigersman » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 4:17 pm

simonthetiger wrote:yeah that could have hurt us
It did we put our heads down after that and the Knights just kept going forward.
Tigersman since 2013!

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 4:18 pm

smeghead wrote:If it were someone going for a try I think they give the green lights on the grounding that Anasta did
Exactly right there ... It was grounded with his torso IMO . Different rules for grounding the ball in attack and defence . The rule makers and officials are a shambles .

Offical member of the MCK fan club.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 4:21 pm

It was brave but stupid by Anasta. :brick:

If you look at the replay Teddy would have caught it in goal on the full and no body get injured.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 4:24 pm

southerntiger wrote:
formerguest wrote:Not only should we have had a twenty metre tap from an earlier ref mistake, obviously they don't think that Anasta has a torso with which to ground the ball.

Dont understand it all. Disgraceful decision.

I actually it should have our penalty for touching the player in the air. In an earlier game this year we got penalised for something very similar to that.

But irrespective ball was clearly grounded with the torso. Obviously they needed to see a hole in the ground to be convinced.

definitely not a penalty for touching haha, a light brush does NOT constitute tackling a player in the air. but i agree he grounded that with the hip.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 4:29 pm

smeghead wrote:If it were someone going for a try I think they give the green lights on the grounding that Anasta did
Could you imagine the reaction if Newcastle were awarded a try with the same grounding as Anasta?

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 4:39 pm

Defiant wrote:It was brave but stupid by Anasta. :brick:

If you look at the replay Teddy would have caught it in goal on the full and no body get injured.
Harsh, but hey, Anasta has taken over from Blair as the kicking post this year. Was he supposed to wait to see a replay before deciding to try and catch it, with a couple of knights players alongside also honing in on the kick? No Tedesco, no problem.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 4:44 pm

Harsh is having to watch Anasta play every week.

I watch him closely every week. What am I missing?

Sully

Post by Sully » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 5:47 pm

I thought he grounded the ball and should have been a drop out. Whilst I would like to see Austin as our 5/8 until Moses is ready I cannot fault Anasta for going for the ball. Imagine what he would have copped if they ran past him and scored, people on here would have said bad things about him. Oh wait a minute !!!!

tw33k

Post by tw33k » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 4:57 am

Sully wrote:I thought he grounded the ball and should have been a drop out. Whilst I would like to see Austin as our 5/8 until Moses is ready I cannot fault Anasta for going for the ball. Imagine what he would have copped if they ran past him and scored, people on here would have said bad things about him. Oh wait a minute !!!!
I disagree. Tedesco looked to have it covered easily. If Anasta let him take it we would have had a 20 meter re-start.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 6:17 am

A total lack of communications. Not a word was said between the two.

Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 6:25 am

I'm no big fan of Anasta but, harsh is sitting in the lounge room and second guessing split second decisions. 20/20 retrospectivity.
"Quality Stupidity"

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 8:14 am

Sully wrote:I thought he grounded the ball and should have been a drop out. Whilst I would like to see Austin as our 5/8 until Moses is ready I cannot fault Anasta for going for the ball. Imagine what he would have copped if they ran past him and scored, people on here would have said bad things about him. Oh wait a minute !!!!
Im doubtful he grounded it but it was clearly his ball....despite there being no call of ''mine''
There were goalposts to deal with as well, a difficult take but it seemed to me Teddy was out of position in this case.
Harsh to be blaming Anasta, if Teddy doesnt contact him Braith takes it clean and we have 7 tackles and 6 less points against us

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 8:18 am

In whichever case, that was a brave effort from Anasta..
Many would have watched it bounce but he committed to getting to the kick on the full..

Long story short, im happy we still won regardless of whatever happened throughout the 80 mins