Time for concussion interchange.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Time for concussion interchange.

Post by formerguest » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 2:52 pm

Here we go again. The NRL has taken so long and still done nothing about it after bringing in other new rules/protocols at the start of the year.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 3:06 pm

I agree but how many coaches will fake concussion to get a fresh replacement on.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 3:37 pm

Another player down with Fulton also gone. Surely this game shows that it is already too little, too late.

Tygr

Post by Tygr » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 4:01 pm

I think it might be time for Fulton to hang up the boots. He can't make it through a game without getting concussed.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 4:01 pm

Tygr wrote:I think it might be time for Fulton to hang up the boots. He can't make it through a game without getting concussed.
Yep. He would be stupid to continue.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

derailed

Post by derailed » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 4:11 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Tygr wrote:I think it might be time for Fulton to hang up the boots. He can't make it through a game without getting concussed.

Was thinking exactly this when I heard that he had gone off with concussion.

I love the guy and really like him in the team but the time has come for him to say enough is enough and retire. If he can't say it himself the club has to step in in my opinion. His long term mental health has to come first and all of these concussions can't be good for that.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 4:12 pm

southerntiger wrote:

Agree. I alluded to this on another thread a few weeks back that he was out for a month to mask this problem, and am still not convinced that his mystery supposed back injury was real.

BlackandGoldForever

Post by BlackandGoldForever » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 5:02 pm

as I said before the NFL have a 53 man roster it doesn't worry them its all well and good for the NRL to whinge complain that NFL players have the rules so we should, but look at how much more harder it is for our game

in SOO why doesn't someone just go get Gallen to take out that Grub Thurston, so that he is concussed and can't come back and put them down to 16 men. no one gets sent off in SOO so do it

pedro

Post by pedro » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 5:33 pm

If hit is put on report, should have a spare interchange player.

If not on report or foul play than that's just part of the game

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 10:17 pm

The coaches will just find another loop hole to Rort the system ...

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 10:19 pm

Maybe it's time we stopped sending out a bloke who's been concussed in just about every appearance this season. It's all very well for us to sook about being down a player when Fulton is ordered off, but it's not as if we couldn't have seen that coming when the teams were named on Tuesday.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 12:45 pm

I say, if a player is put on report for a high shot that causes a player to miss the rest of the game via the concussion rule, that team should lose 2 interchanges as compensation.

I'm not fussed if we lose an interchange for an accidental concussions.

What irks me is what other people have noted - Snowden collects Sirro high and careless, stays on and Sirro sees 5 minutes of game time. Snowden may well be suspended for a few weeks, but that does us no favours.

Knights should have been docked interchanges to level the bench situation they caused.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 1:26 pm

Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:Maybe it's time we stopped sending out a bloke who's been concussed in just about every appearance this season. It's all very well for us to sook about being down a player when Fulton is ordered off, but it's not as if we couldn't have seen that coming when the teams were named on Tuesday.

Wtf are you on about???

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 2:17 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Cosimo_Zaretti wrote:Maybe it's time we stopped sending out a bloke who's been concussed in just about every appearance this season. It's all very well for us to sook about being down a player when Fulton is ordered off, but it's not as if we couldn't have seen that coming when the teams were named on Tuesday.

Wtf are you on about???
He is on about once you have suffered multiple serious concussions it makes the injury far more likely to occur.

Basically any time Liam cops a half decent knock from here on in, it will likely happen again.

Continuing to pick him will lead to this continuing to happen.

It's time for him to do the right thing by his health his, his family and the teams well-being.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 2:25 pm

We arent talking about an accidental collision here

We are talking a bout a deliberate attack to the head....oh yes how sill of me we shouldve seen this coming when teams are read on on Tuesday

Please

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 10:44 pm

innsaneink wrote:We arent talking about an accidental collision here

We are talking a bout a deliberate attack to the head....oh yes how sill of me we shouldve seen this coming when teams are read on on Tuesday

Please
Not disputing that it looked ugly from Fa'alago, although I think it was more undisciplined than malicious. The problem for me is that the Tigers sent out a bloke who was just waiting for a tap on the skull. We can't control David Fa'alago's behaviour, the bloke once punched out his own coach ffs, but we can determine whether the blokes we select are fit to play.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 10:56 pm

Look in the case of a situation where a player is concussed by contact to the head I think the player who makes contact with the head should sit out the rest of the game as well as the concussed player

Only truly fair way

Eye for an eye

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 11:08 pm

I think any player who stays down should be taken automatically off. It would def stop players laying down trying to milk a penalty.