Nofo Slow.

GNR4LIFE

Re: Nofo Slow.

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 08 Jun, 2014 10:38 pm

BlackandGoldForever wrote:We just signed Nofo for a contract we can't just move him to state cup and Koro is still not signed am I right?

I know if Sheens was coach we would have one of those wingers on the bench for 70 mins
Yep, Nofa is more highly regarded by the club than Koro.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 10:20 am

This doesnt sound promising:

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 10:35 am

southerntiger wrote:This doesnt sound promising:

No doubt this will be linked to Brian Smith's appointment

Snake

Unread post by Snake » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 10:52 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
BlackandGoldForever wrote:We just signed Nofo for a contract we can't just move him to state cup and Koro is still not signed am I right?

I know if Sheens was coach we would have one of those wingers on the bench for 70 mins
What is being said is this week is ideal for Nofo to get off his knee as the following week is the bye..Koro has earnt his spot in the side ,the team needs Nofo to be fit for the run home ,I don,t understand the thinking behind playing him injuried as in the end he will be off the field for an extended period.

tigerbenji

Unread post by tigerbenji » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 10:58 am

Nofo is carrying an injury, I think it is his Hammy i heard, Also Milky is right, Simona will be right for this weeks game.

Tiger Watto

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 11:06 am

Noticed it yesterday also... Wasn't sure if it was an injury, technic or simply too soft under foot.

Going sideways also this year instead playing direct like he was last year.

Hopefully he comes good, but Koro is definitely knocking on the door for NRL Game Time?!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

sunshine coast tiger

Unread post by sunshine coast tiger » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 11:43 am

Nofo I am sure will be a very good player but I think he is carrying an injury. His decisions in defence have always been a bit questionable.

After watching the NSW cup the last few weeks, Koro has to be in the side, you can't drop a player and ask him to show you something and then not reward him when he does. Koro's defence whilst not great is not much worse than Nofo but Koro has him covered for being a far better attacking player.

Koro is a must to get a contract extension, yes Pat Richards is going great but he is a 32 year old winger, I for one would hate Koro to play at another NRL side.

The key to our team is Moses, if you are good enough you are old enough. He is too good for NSW cup already. Moses is the best #6 in our club. Put him in with Simona, Sironen and Koro on the left edge and watch them go. Switch Richards to right wing and have Lawrence at right centre.

sunshine coast tiger

Unread post by sunshine coast tiger » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 11:45 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:

Makes you wonder about the decision making of Tigers management, we are lacking points scoring ability and we have one of the fastest men in the NRL scoring tries for fun in the NSW cup.

Yes Nofo is slightly better in defence but he is far worse in attack than Koro.

jirskyr

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 12:47 pm

Nofo was below par yesterday. Unfair to say it has been going on all year, I think most of his games have been above average.

Clearly shown up on the Simona break and his hitups were much much less effective yesterday. Knights really had us in trouble with the chips to the corner, we really struggled coming out of our own end. Nofo was well contained in his hitups, never really got into stride.

LaT

Unread post by LaT » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 12:53 pm

Nofo seems to be struggling, but he is not slow when fully fit. He was lighting up with full length of the field tries only 12 months ago. He is quality, if it comes down to either keeping Nofo or Koro, I believe the club made the right choice.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 1:14 pm

i dont remember too many length of the field tries from nofoaluma? simona, sure. but nofo tended to use his strength from 10 out rather than pure speed last season. he is looking a touch off the pace though, kind of like teddy last year.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Mccarry

Unread post by Mccarry » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 1:45 pm

Some of the comments on here are crazy. Nofo looks to be down on confidence / form / injury(?) and some people are calling for him to play NSW cup. Seriously, the guy has incredible talent.

Changing the team around seldom helps. Stability builds combinations.

I can see the bind Potter is in. Koro is clearly going to be a super star, evidenced by the steady improvements he is still showing coupled with sheer pace. Though Pat is pure class and brings something totally different to our team.

Long term (Koro) vs. short term (Patty).

Nofo will play 1st for the Tigers for many years.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Return to “Round 13: Wests Tigers vs Newcastle Knights”