Happy / Sad

jirskyr

Happy / Sad

Post by jirskyr » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 1:06 pm

Apart from the obvious victory; there are some threads exploring these points in more detail.

Happy
1. Brooks 40/20, clutch play, no fluke.

2. Richards FG, one of the best adlib shots you are going to see and with such crucial timing.

3. Lawrence try, capping off not only a good game from Rowdy but a quality 10 minutes where we put the game beyond Newcastle. It was perfect play against 12 men.

4. Tedesco's passing game - very astute ball delivery, his input into the backline is superb.

5. Richards goal kicking, difference between winning and losing in many games.

6. Input from Bodene - good yards, good defence, being asked to play tight and in centres.

7. Austin - I just think this guy is quality. He is up-tempo, defends well, takes dirty hitups, can pass and kick. Anasta is surely on borrowed time.

8. Farah's defence - huge.

Sad
1. Boyd knock-on, what the hell?

2. Blair offload 77th minute. He is playing great footy this year, but oh gee what a moronic play when you are up by 7 with 3 to go.

3. Anasta non-grounding. Despite being a clear torso grounding, in my opinion, only Anasta can throw up such a whole-hearted effort with such a dud result. Nobody can question his effort, but it is a special kind of "special" to take such a spectacular catch and then land on your head. If he leaves it for Teddy, I think Teddy is actually in-goal.

4. re #3 Tedesco no help either. He needs to work on his calls, he seems to be making a habit of collecting his own teammates. Credit for being where the ball is, deductions for not letting your team-mates know what is going on.

5. Sirro lasts, what, 5 minutes? Knock-on and then collected high. Knights should have been docked interchanges for that, considering we lose the player all match.

6. Nofo well off the pace, time for a rest to get his knee right?

7. Liam Fulton - the guy can't take a trick with head knocks and it is a concern not just for his career, but the new rules.

8. Forwards quiet yesterday, Knights defence was dominating 2nd half and if not for 40/20 we don't get of our own territory. Hitups from kick return also struggling.

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 1:12 pm

Great thread.

Farah pointed out that Blairs offload was stupid in the press conference. I think Nofo should get a rest this week with Koro coming in.

Also for the Knights try after Gagais break where was Nofo? Simona waa defending on the wing.

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 1:25 pm

Milky wrote:Great thread.

Farah pointed out that Blairs offload was stupid in the press conference. I think Nofo should get a rest this week with Koro coming in.

Also for the Knights try after Gagais break where was Nofo? Simona waa defending on the wing.
One of your best Robbie 3 games ago you were throwing face balls on the oppositions line with 2 mins left , what Blair did was a brain explosion but Robbie ????

alex

Post by alex » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 1:27 pm

Happy:

- We took advantage of Newcastle being down to 12 men. Absolutely put the strangle hold on them when they were at their weakest

- Austin showed he has plenty to offer given game time at 6

- Farah. No words needed

- Tedesco looked like he hadn't missed a beat. You wouldn't have known he'd spent the last two months out of the team

Sad:

- Forwards poor. Couldn't get out of our own 40 the whole second half

- Kicking game poor. Rarely found grass. Follows on from the first point, but we always gave them possession on their own 30-40. Mullen always pinned Tedesco in the corners.

owley girl

Post by owley girl » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 1:36 pm

"Only Anasta can throw up such a whole-hearted effort with such a dud result. Nobody can question his effort, but it is a special kind of "special" to take such a spectacular catch and then land on your head"

Wow, that's harsh on Anasta!!!!

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 1:42 pm

I nearly threw my beer at the TV when Blair threw that ball.....that is one of the most stupid things I have ever seen.

What the hell was he thinking???

Boneheaded play that gave the Knights a chance to win when we had them by the balls......

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 1:45 pm

simonthetiger wrote:I nearly threw my beer at the TV when Blair threw that ball.....that is one of the most stupid things I have ever seen.

Boneheaded play that gave the Knights a chance to win when we had them by the balls......
Lol... I smashed my foxtel remote when Blair threw that stupid off load ... Lucky I have a spare !
The mrs wasn't to impressed lol

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 2:01 pm

Milky wrote:Great thread.

Noffa was at centre.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Pokies

Post by Pokies » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 2:10 pm

That offload by Blair was dumb and almost cost us dearly.
However did anyone notice his chase of the play? Bloke knew he stuffed up but still chased his guts out trying to make up for it and looked shattered when uate went over. That's the type of never say die attitude that we want from all our players.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 2:18 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
simonthetiger wrote:I nearly threw my beer at the TV when Blair threw that ball.....that is one of the most stupid things I have ever seen.

Lol... I smashed my foxtel remote when Blair threw that stupid off load ... Lucky I have a spare !
The mrs wasn't to impressed lol

Seems I am not the only one who gets worked up when the Tiges play. I will get wifey to read this as she thinks I am insane with some of my antics.

I have also worked out that I am a bad omen. When I walk out of the room they play well. When I come back in, they make errors or let tries in, LOL

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 7:36 pm

I aimed the foxtel remote at the tele after the try from Anasta's spilt bomb.....didn't pull trigger but, probs cause I dont have a spare

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 7:41 pm

larrycorowa wrote:I aimed the foxtel remote at the tele after the try from Anasta's spilt bomb.....didn't pull trigger but, probs cause I dont have a spare
Just call foxtel , tell them the remote keeps mucking up even with new batteries and they'll send ya a new one ... Free !

We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

russelldp

Post by russelldp » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 7:45 pm

Pokies wrote:That offload by Blair was dumb and almost cost us dearly.
However did anyone notice his chase of the play? Bloke knew he stuffed up but still chased his guts out trying to make up for it and looked shattered when uate went over. That's the type of never say die attitude that we want from all our players.

I saw Blair's chase and it eased my anger a touch.

In fact, I was thinking if I was coach I'd be using that footage to berate Austin and a couple of others. They started abusing Blair after the pass was intercepted instead of chasing the ball. If they'd chased as hard as Blair, they might have prevented the try as they were closer.

1% plays can make good teams great

russelldp

Post by russelldp » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 7:45 pm

In fact, I was thinking if I was coach I'd be using that footage to berate Austin and a couple of others. They started abusing Blair after the pass was intercepted instead of chasing the ball. If they'd chased as hard as Blair, they might have prevented the try as they were closer.

turnstyle
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Yep. Brisbane.

Post by turnstyle » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 7:58 pm

Great OP jirskyr.

Agree with all of your points - particularly re tedesco. As great as he was, he let the team down badly with anasta's take. Unless Anasta is deaf, there is no way in the world that bomb shouldn't have been taken by tedesco. It is Teddy's job to be in charge of those kicks: both taking them and telling teammates - LOUDLY! - whose it is.

These things happen, but I would've tore strips off him for that.

Also agree the pack didn't seem as potent as usual. Hopefully with gavet back that will change this week.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 8:06 pm

russelldp wrote:

I noticed Blair's chase as well. Does it every game too.

He has some silly mistakes in him and the odd arm grab but busts his ring every game.

Anthism

Post by Anthism » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 8:56 pm

To be fair to the forwards they were playing 2 men down with kicks going end to end meaning they had to run hard to get back onside or chase. Tough position. Went on for a good 5 mins too.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 09 Jun, 2014 9:11 pm

southerntiger wrote:
russelldp wrote:

I noticed Blair's chase as well. Does it every game too.

He has some silly mistakes in him and the odd arm grab but busts his ring every game.

He popped the pass, shook his head and hotfooted it, albeit in vain, which I posted in the live thread.

"busts his ring every game". What an apt description of his input. I could understand some being upset about his (severely inflated) purported salary when he was being used out wide. However, once he was moved back to the middle, reading crap about lack of effort etc rubbish, particularly from some that generally show a good knowledge of the game, really annoyed me.