GAVET???

Yossarian

Re: GAVET???

Post by Yossarian » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 4:07 pm

bp tiger wrote:
LaT wrote:The amount of fans with medical degrees in here is amazing!
if u have been around football for many years , u get to know what certain injuries require to heal. having played and had many hamstring injuries and having been with a A-grade team now for 12 years as a trainer I think I know a bit about hamstrings and we get our players back quicker than what they do at the tigers. And we don't get to work on them 7 days a week and not with all the gear they have, so what's going wrong.
Wow. Maybe you should offer your services to the club. Clearly the length of time our players spend off the field has nothing to do with individual circumstances or the requirements of NRL football, it's due to a lack of knowledge and expertise.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 4:24 pm

Yossarian wrote:Wow. Maybe you should offer your services to the club. Clearly the length of time our players spend off the field has nothing to do with individual circumstances or the requirements of NRL football, it's due to a lack of knowledge and expertise.
I'm not having a go at anyone in particular however I really don't get these types of comments. Its first grade rugby league - there will be injuries and players will take time getting back to match fitness.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 5:54 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Look this annoying , they said he had a grade 1 tear and now they are saying in the night with the coaches he tore it off the bone

Well tearing it off the bone and grade one tear are at opposite ends of the spectrum
When did they say it's a grade 1?

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
They initially said 2-3 weeks and a grade 1 tear

You aren't going to back after 2-3 weeks if you tore it off the bone

white

Post by white » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 6:01 pm

look if he tore the hammy of the bone then that is season ending. Someone is not telling the truth. I believe he has tried to run and made it worse or been poorly supervised. :deadhorse:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 6:04 pm

white wrote:look if he tore the hammy of the bone then that is season ending. Someone is not telling the truth. I believe he has tried to run and made it worse or been poorly supervised. :deadhorse:
He has definitely reinjured once ,Moussa confirmed that about 4 weeks ago and I thought I heard he had a twinge again and was rested again recently ( Broncos game ?? possibly )

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 6:05 pm

happy tiger wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Look this annoying , they said he had a grade 1 tear and now they are saying in the night with the coaches he tore it off the bone

Well tearing it off the bone and grade one tear are at opposite ends of the spectrum

i really dont remember that.. was it before/after scans?
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 6:08 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:

i really dont remember that.. was it before/after scans?
It was before Moussa gave his Velbexx 17 injury report saying about Gavet reinjuring his hammy 4-5 weeks ago I think

LaT

Post by LaT » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 6:18 pm

bp tiger wrote:
if u have been around football for many years , u get to know what certain injuries require to heal. having played and had many hamstring injuries and having been with a A-grade team now for 12 years as a trainer I think I know a bit about hamstrings and we get our players back quicker than what they do at the tigers. And we don't get to work on them 7 days a week and not with all the gear they have, so what's going wrong.
So that makes you utterly qualified to pass judgement on the situation. Tell us all, how many times did you attend personally to Gavets hammy?

Do you honestly believe you know, or could do better than NRL medical staff?

I guess you might just fall back on the "well I'm a 12 year veteran of park football injuries, so I am just offering my opinion and experiences", but maybe temper the attitude and ego with some reality....occasionally. For starters, don't assume you are the only one who has been around football for many years, this doesn't give you special abilities to diagnose via TV screen.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 7:17 pm

happy tiger wrote:
It was before Moussa gave his Velbexx 17 injury report saying about Gavet reinjuring his hammy 4-5 weeks ago I think
This post proudly brought to you by:

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 7:27 pm

innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
This post proudly brought to you by:
He did well.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 11:17 pm

LaT wrote:
bp tiger wrote:
So that makes you utterly qualified to pass judgement on the situation. Tell us all, how many times did you attend personally to Gavets hammy?

Do you honestly believe you know, or could do better than NRL medical staff?

I guess you might just fall back on the "well I'm a 12 year veteran of park football injuries, so I am just offering my opinion and experiences", but maybe temper the attitude and ego with some reality....occasionally. For starters, don't assume you are the only one who has been around football for many years, this doesn't give you special abilities to diagnose via TV screen.

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Thu 12 Jun, 2014 12:28 am

white wrote:look if he tore the hammy of the bone then that is season ending. Someone is not telling the truth. I believe he has tried to run and made it worse or been poorly supervised. :deadhorse:
Wasn't there some word a few weeks ago that Gavet had initially been cleared, then pulled up in training?

LaT

Post by LaT » Thu 12 Jun, 2014 1:39 pm

Someone needs a nap....
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!