GAVET???

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9376
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Re: GAVET???

Post by Yossarian » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 4:07 pm

bp tiger wrote:
LaT wrote:The amount of fans with medical degrees in here is amazing!
if u have been around football for many years , u get to know what certain injuries require to heal. having played and had many hamstring injuries and having been with a A-grade team now for 12 years as a trainer I think I know a bit about hamstrings and we get our players back quicker than what they do at the tigers. And we don't get to work on them 7 days a week and not with all the gear they have, so what's going wrong.
Wow. Maybe you should offer your services to the club. Clearly the length of time our players spend off the field has nothing to do with individual circumstances or the requirements of NRL football, it's due to a lack of knowledge and expertise.


stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 4:24 pm

Yossarian wrote:Wow. Maybe you should offer your services to the club. Clearly the length of time our players spend off the field has nothing to do with individual circumstances or the requirements of NRL football, it's due to a lack of knowledge and expertise.
I'm not having a go at anyone in particular however I really don't get these types of comments. Its first grade rugby league - there will be injuries and players will take time getting back to match fitness.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39002
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 5:54 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Look this annoying , they said he had a grade 1 tear and now they are saying in the night with the coaches he tore it off the bone

Well tearing it off the bone and grade one tear are at opposite ends of the spectrum
When did they say it's a grade 1?

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
They initially said 2-3 weeks and a grade 1 tear

You aren't going to back after 2-3 weeks if you tore it off the bone

white
Member
Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by white » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 6:01 pm

look if he tore the hammy of the bone then that is season ending. Someone is not telling the truth. I believe he has tried to run and made it worse or been poorly supervised. :deadhorse:

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39002
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 6:04 pm

white wrote:look if he tore the hammy of the bone then that is season ending. Someone is not telling the truth. I believe he has tried to run and made it worse or been poorly supervised. :deadhorse:
He has definitely reinjured once ,Moussa confirmed that about 4 weeks ago and I thought I heard he had a twinge again and was rested again recently ( Broncos game ?? possibly )


tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 6:05 pm

happy tiger wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Look this annoying , they said he had a grade 1 tear and now they are saying in the night with the coaches he tore it off the bone

Well tearing it off the bone and grade one tear are at opposite ends of the spectrum
When did they say it's a grade 1?

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
They initially said 2-3 weeks and a grade 1 tear

You aren't going to back after 2-3 weeks if you tore it off the bone
i really dont remember that.. was it before/after scans?
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39002
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 6:08 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Look this annoying , they said he had a grade 1 tear and now they are saying in the night with the coaches he tore it off the bone

Well tearing it off the bone and grade one tear are at opposite ends of the spectrum
When did they say it's a grade 1?

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
They initially said 2-3 weeks and a grade 1 tear

You aren't going to back after 2-3 weeks if you tore it off the bone
i really dont remember that.. was it before/after scans?
It was before Moussa gave his Velbexx 17 injury report saying about Gavet reinjuring his hammy 4-5 weeks ago I think

User avatar
LaT
Member
Member
Posts: 3468
Joined: Fri 07 Jan, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: NSW
Contact:

Post by LaT » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 6:18 pm

bp tiger wrote:
LaT wrote:The amount of fans with medical degrees in here is amazing!
if u have been around football for many years , u get to know what certain injuries require to heal. having played and had many hamstring injuries and having been with a A-grade team now for 12 years as a trainer I think I know a bit about hamstrings and we get our players back quicker than what they do at the tigers. And we don't get to work on them 7 days a week and not with all the gear they have, so what's going wrong.
So that makes you utterly qualified to pass judgement on the situation. Tell us all, how many times did you attend personally to Gavets hammy?

Do you honestly believe you know, or could do better than NRL medical staff?

I guess you might just fall back on the "well I'm a 12 year veteran of park football injuries, so I am just offering my opinion and experiences", but maybe temper the attitude and ego with some reality....occasionally. For starters, don't assume you are the only one who has been around football for many years, this doesn't give you special abilities to diagnose via TV screen.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27505
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 7:17 pm

happy tiger wrote:
It was before Moussa gave his Velbexx 17 injury report saying about Gavet reinjuring his hammy 4-5 weeks ago I think
This post proudly brought to you by:
Image

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3714
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 7:27 pm

innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
It was before Moussa gave his Velbexx 17 injury report saying about Gavet reinjuring his hammy 4-5 weeks ago I think
This post proudly brought to you by:
Image
He did well.

bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2293
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by bp tiger » Wed 11 Jun, 2014 11:17 pm

LaT wrote:
bp tiger wrote:
LaT wrote:The amount of fans with medical degrees in here is amazing!
if u have been around football for many years , u get to know what certain injuries require to heal. having played and had many hamstring injuries and having been with a A-grade team now for 12 years as a trainer I think I know a bit about hamstrings and we get our players back quicker than what they do at the tigers. And we don't get to work on them 7 days a week and not with all the gear they have, so what's going wrong.
So that makes you utterly qualified to pass judgement on the situation. Tell us all, how many times did you attend personally to Gavets hammy?

Do you honestly believe you know, or could do better than NRL medical staff?

I guess you might just fall back on the "well I'm a 12 year veteran of park football injuries, so I am just offering my opinion and experiences", but maybe temper the attitude and ego with some reality....occasionally. For starters, don't assume you are the only one who has been around football for many years, this doesn't give you special abilities to diagnose via TV screen.

User avatar
Cosimo_Zaretti
Member
Member
Posts: 1309
Joined: Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:07 pm
Location: Camperdown

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Thu 12 Jun, 2014 12:28 am

white wrote:look if he tore the hammy of the bone then that is season ending. Someone is not telling the truth. I believe he has tried to run and made it worse or been poorly supervised. :deadhorse:
Wasn't there some word a few weeks ago that Gavet had initially been cleared, then pulled up in training?

User avatar
LaT
Member
Member
Posts: 3468
Joined: Fri 07 Jan, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: NSW
Contact:

Post by LaT » Thu 12 Jun, 2014 1:39 pm

Someone needs a nap....
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

Post Reply