Luani getting the starting gig..What game is potter watching

H-Tozza

Luani getting the starting gig..What game is potter watching

Post by H-Tozza » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 1:49 pm

Hey peeps,

I know I'm a bit late on this, had a pretty busy week thus far and only got to see the team sheet today.....I can't for the life of me understand why Potter persists with Joel at hooker even as a stopgap solution for Robbie....He's now had 5 games starting and the lack of impetus he provides from DH has played a big role in costing us 2 games (Brissy/GC) we otherwise should've won.....Meanwhile, Austin continues to impress in whatever position he's assigned and was the best of a beaten bunch in the games mentioned....

Potter's ability to extract the best of players is admirable but I'm really fearing he's a Sheens #2 as far as selection goes.....He won't drop/not promote players for poor performance and is quite delusional in thinking that by repeating the same error over and over again that outcomes will alter....I'd be leaning towards re-signing him at this point given how far he's brought the club but am glad the club has reserved judgement for the meantime.....He's forever masqueraded as not being 'one of the boys' but in light of recent selections I just wonder how much of a facade this really is, as there is no other logical explanation for some of his selections.....

Rant over

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 2:26 pm

Austin and Halatau should share the duties tonight. Clear as day they are the two best backup hookers at the club.

Luani would be next, but really he's just warming a spot for the next year or so until Cherrington might be ready to be our number 2 hooker.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 2:38 pm

Luani is very good defensively....Potters thinking is to start with a defensive hooker then to bring on the attacking player (Austin) before half time when the other side is tired and the opportunity to score is greater....my theory anyway....I just hope next year we see Cherrington as Farah's backup....as I dont really rate Luani's attacking prowess.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 2:40 pm

The main reason he is getting the starting gig is he has some combinations with Brooks and Anasta

Halatau has not even played with Brooks or Anasta

Luani may not be the best choice , but he is the smart choice at this stage

But he is only keeping the spot warm for when Cherrington is ready as you said

willow

Post by willow » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 3:25 pm

I just hope he can dart out of dummyhalf a bit more tonight and get us rolling forward. Austin does it well for a backup option, and Halatau is also reasonably effective at it but it's something Luani has struggled with in FG.

Post by 851 » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 3:38 pm

It is Dene's first NRL game since coming back,hope he kills it,I too think Luani is an inaffective hooker.
Go hard or go home

Milky

Post by Milky » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 3:40 pm

9. Halatau

17. Akoula

Luani > NSW Cup

Maybe.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 4:11 pm

Nsw cup has a bye

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 4:45 pm

willow wrote:I just hope he can dart out of dummyhalf a bit more tonight and get us rolling forward. Austin does it well for a backup option, and Halatau is also reasonably effective at it but it's something Luani has struggled with in FG.
I just hope he can actually get to dummy half. Be struggles to even there.

I have him way down the pecking order until he can get fitter. Halatau, Austin and even Farlow are better options
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

willow

Post by willow » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 7:14 pm

king sirro wrote:
willow wrote:I just hope he can dart out of dummyhalf a bit more tonight and get us rolling forward. Austin does it well for a backup option, and Halatau is also reasonably effective at it but it's something Luani has struggled with in FG.
I just hope he can actually get to dummy half. Be struggles to even there.

I have him way down the pecking order until he can get fitter. Halatau, Austin and even Farlow are better options
Thankfully the forecast rain has stayed away but I think we've rolled the dice to an extent with the 2 utilities on the bench. I can only assume the plan will be to work Souths over in the middle and wear their big guys out. Interested to see how our left edge goes tonight with Sirro back in the side at last.

A lot will ride on Luani early with getting our pigs rolling forward. Galloway needs a big one tonight too IMO.