Lawrence

happy tiger

Re: Lawrence

Post by happy tiger » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 10:49 pm

Black'n'White wrote:
happy tiger wrote:You can't drop a bloke on one shocker

I've seen the greatest players in the game have shockers , would you of dropped them as well

If he has another game like that after bye , that's a different story
you arent trying to say thats his first shocker this year are you?
The first shocker he has had playing in the centres BnW , the Warriors game he went to garbage when they stuck him on the wing

Black'n'White

Post by Black'n'White » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:02 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Black'n'White wrote:
happy tiger wrote:You can't drop a bloke on one shocker

I've seen the greatest players in the game have shockers , would you of dropped them as well

If he has another game like that after bye , that's a different story
you arent trying to say thats his first shocker this year are you?
The first shocker he has had playing in the centres BnW , the Warriors game he went to garbage when they stuck him on the wing
All good... I see we have different opinions... some people see his games as being good for Chris Lawrence 2.0 (post surgery), others rate him relatively compared to a professional level centre in the NRL.

I thought he may have turned the corner and was on the improve with a way to go. I have a sinking feeling that "on the way" was the peak...

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:07 pm

He's past use by date. Looks at defence not ball. Has no confidence left for this level. Put Noaf at centre & Koro on wing.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:28 pm

I will continue to repeat what i have said from late ;last year

1. Chris should consider retiring as he is an embarrassment of a player these days. He costs the team pretty much every single week with his inept displays.

The fact that Potter keeps picking him is Sheens like. Potter is off contract so he might want to start wising up a touch.

tiger pom

Post by tiger pom » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:58 am

Unfortunately Chris Lawrence like many sportsmen before him has not been able to reach his previous form after a bad injury.Although his defence is passable his speed has long gone and is no longer able to break the line.Perhaps he may be worth a try in the back row but his days at centre look finished.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 7:50 am

I don't know how anyone can watch the NRL and conclude Chris Lawrence is even a mediocre centre. I can't name one worse than him off the top of my head.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 7:58 am

I would even have lulia in there instead of Lawrence.....

The thing potter needs to evaluate is how it will effect the team if he drops him.

Although, I reckon having the jnr players holding up the senior players at the moment, can't be good for the team cohesion .

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 9:06 am

Lawrence played bad, but so did plenty of other Players, Nothing went right from the start. Richards dropped the ball which could of been a Try & it just got worse from there.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:00 am

Stupid penalties compounded our errors and put us under too much pressure. We were sitting ducks giving that pack so much ball and field position. We did well defensively but the effort really told on our composure with the ball.

Cut our the errors and penalties and we are right in that game.

tigertilidie

Post by tigertilidie » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:07 am

Lawrence has had about 3 or 4 shockers this year. Why is everyone try to hide it. Sure some people drop the ball sometimes but to drop it 4 TIMES 3 of which were on their line is inexcusable. He lets the man get on the outside as well. He is on 600k for goodness sake. You should be getting a world class player not a mediocre player who has a shocker once every 3 or 4 games

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:11 am

tigertilidie wrote:Lawrence has had about 3 or 4 shockers this year. Why is everyone try to hide it. Sure some people drop the ball sometimes but to drop it 4 TIMES 3 of which were on their line is inexcusable. He lets the man get on the outside as well. He is on 600k for goodness sake. You should be getting a world class player not a mediocre player who has a shocker once every 3 or 4 games
Name the 3 or 4 games he has had shockers in which he played the entire game as a centre ??

tigertilidie

Post by tigertilidie » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:24 am

firstly mate why you on the defence of Lawrence he is on 600k and making errors every week !!!! Dragons first game, warriors (moving to wing doesn't cause you to drop the ball for them to score !!!) and also last night there is 3. Everyone on this forum wants him to be dropped.

Tap Twist Snap

Post by Tap Twist Snap » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:28 am

It isn't just the dropped balls, which I can't remember a single player dropping as many in a game ever. That can be just put down to having a shocker. It's the terrible reads in defense where he rushes off to cut off plays and doesn't have the speed to get there anymore. He struggles to jump for high balls if they bomb at him. He takes forever to turn.He just doesn't have the speed to captialise on line breaks and struggles to break the line himself. He isn't playing at a first grade standard and costing us way more than he is giving.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:30 am

He was OK last week

This just tells me we arent - as a team- quite where a lot of people think we are.

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 11:39 am

maybe if we can get a 5/8 who can set up the play and get our centers a bit space to attack instead of running sideways and cramping them we would see an improvement. So Chris was not the worst out there last night not by a long shot, sure he made some mistakes because the centers and wingers are always under pressure from the lack of structure from the scrum base, and if the forwards are not dominate there is no way the centers can be effective so give the guy a break.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:31 pm

The bloke has no confidence. I think a stint in reserve grade will do him well.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

Post by 851 » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 1:57 pm

He continually runs over the touch line on a very early tackle,it is not like it was a one off last night.
He was not alone Braith sucked again,Austin and Sue are ordinary defenders and Ava is not far behind,and Blair gives away far to many penalties,so Potter has to make some tough calls,and I don't think he has the balls to do it.
Go hard or go home

pacman

Post by pacman » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 2:07 pm

tiger jim wrote:maybe if we can get a 5/8 who can set up the play and get our centers a bit space to attack instead of running sideways and cramping them we would see an improvement. So Chris was not the worst out there last night not by a long shot, sure he made some mistakes because the centers and wingers are always under pressure from the lack of structure from the scrum base, and if the forwards are not dominate there is no way the centers can be effective so give the guy a break.
I don't know what game you were watching mate, he dropped the ball FIVE TIMES!, Not only that, he contributed to soufs first try by jumping a light year early for the ball as he knew he could not catch it so thought maybe the better option would be to let it bounce and we maybe might get it back? Not to mention his running into touch on the 2nd tackle. He was abysmal and by far our worst. Anasta not far behind as per usual.