Braith Anasta

Eddie
Been liked: 10 times

Braith Anasta

Unread post by Eddie » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:32 pm

How good is it having that calming influence. That steady head. That bloke that leads the side around with his talk from tackles 1--3. That guidance. That experience. That guy that is developing and helping Brooks and telling him how to tie his shoelaces.

Its great when your winning the arm wrestle and he kicks into blokes every week. Throw in his brilliant 1 try assist for the year ,7-8 tackles per week, and he is a really godsend.

I now see what all of you guys saw in him earlier in the year. My apologies!!!

Muffstar
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Muffstar » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:36 pm

He could not lead a dog around a park let alone a football team, offers nothing I am afraid.

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by Defiant » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:37 pm

At least he is consistent. :)

Similar stats each week to boot.

EDIT -Didn't a couple of hospital passes actually get to Simona tonight? Perhaps his on the improve :)

supercoach
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 90 times

Unread post by supercoach » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:39 pm

He was not the biggest dud out their tonight, but Iam afraid his stats just dont stack up for what is required and he is like a handbrake on the team.

Why do we pick Nofo and Simona??? the ball never goes their side of the field. We have the most predicable and one dimensional side in the comp by a country mile.

Anyway, Anasta will not get dropped, so a waste of time even talking about it

Black'n'White
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Black'n'White » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:45 pm

I didnt think he was that bad at all by Braith Anasta standards tonight, compared to what you would expect from a competent 6 he was still terrible, but he ran hard and even managed to land passes and link up with Brooks on the same side of the park. Wasnt his worst game for us by a long shot...

Tigersman

Unread post by Tigersman » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:45 pm

far out man him an Lawrence sick of them both..
Tigersman since 2013!

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:46 pm

supercoach wrote:He was not the biggest dud out their tonight, but Iam afraid his stats just dont stack up for what is required and he is like a handbrake on the team.

Why do we pick Nofo and Simona??? the ball never goes their side of the field. We have the most predicable and one dimensional side in the comp by a country mile.

Anyway, Anasta will not get dropped, so a waste of time even talking about it
No way he will get dropped. According to Potter he is indispensable and State Cup just isn't for him.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:48 pm

yep braith was definitely the biggest problem. he conceded 32 pts against a depleted souths side all by himself...
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

barra
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Fri 13 Jun, 2014 11:52 pm

I agree, he needs to go.

Yet again kicked it into the opposition and they eventually scored off that field position.
Can't bend the line when he does run it and is so slow he is easy pickings anyway.
Can't set up any attack.
No punch in his defence.
Simply does not deserve a spot.
At least he didn't drop it cold tonight - don't think he got a chance with Chris bumbling every few sets.

Tigerdave
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Tigerdave » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 6:12 am

the problem with Anasta, mostly, he takes no pressure off Brooks. Brooks needs someone out there who can at least take some pressure off him and create some spark.

MightyMaggy
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by MightyMaggy » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 8:06 am

It took the Roosters a couple (or more) of seasons to wake up to his total lack of any contribution to the team's effort.
With the Roosters, the only thing he offered in a game was the placing of the ball at half way, the raised arm in the air (this must have been some kind of signal to the team) followed by a poor kick!
What did our coaching staff see in his play over many seasons to offer him a contract?

larrycorowa
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 8:36 am

Things were going great until Anasta gets the ball on our 30m line and kicks it into the opposition. We then didn't get out of our own area for another 30mins......FFS, happens every week. Absolute liability. I called him a 6pt handicap for our team, tonight the way it played out it was more like 12pts.

Potter should get Austin to train at 6 for the next two weeks and give him first crack against Manly. Problem with Austin is that he is more a running 6 and without Farah it means Brooks is our only kicking and organising option. Anyway he cant be much worse then Anasta and deserves his crack and if he doesnt work out, time to blood Moses.

simonthetiger

Unread post by simonthetiger » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:58 am

Honestly I hate putting the boot in but Anasta is just plain awful...every week we are going along nicely,building pressure and he makes a stupid schoolboy mistake and costs us points.

EVERY BLOODY WEEK!!!

I cant remember hating a player as much as I do this bloke...dead set its maddening.

All he has to do is give some nice passes and kick for pressure and he isnt even coming close.....while we have guns who can barely get any time...

Either Moses or Austin for Gawds sake,,,,

happy tiger
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 11:05 am

simonthetiger wrote:Honestly I hate putting the boot in but Anasta is just plain awful...every week we are going along nicely,building pressure and he makes a stupid schoolboy mistake and costs us points.

EVERY BLOODY WEEK!!!

I cant remember hating a player as much as I do this bloke...dead set its maddening.

All he has to do is give some nice passes and kick for pressure and he isnt even coming close.....while we have guns who can barely get any time...

Either Moses or Austin for Gawds sake,,,,
He did one good thing last night

He ran through and put Merritt off And then his vice captain dropped the ball off the resulting set

It was scary how bad our captain and vice captain played

jirskyr
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 130 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 1:33 pm

In the NRL mid-season review:

http://www.nrl.com/wests-tigers-mid-sea ... fault.aspx

Their resurgence has also masked five-eighth Braith Anasta's struggles, with the veteran tallying more errors than try assists and line break assists combined thus far.

Has liked: 434 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 1:49 pm

jirskyr wrote:In the NRL mid-season review:

http://www.nrl.com/wests-tigers-mid-sea ... fault.aspx

Their resurgence has also masked five-eighth Braith Anasta's struggles, with the veteran tallying more errors than try assists and line break assists combined thus far.
Everyone can see it,why can't Potter. :x
Go hard or go home

Russell
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 2:48 pm

No No No Anasata didn't cost us 32 points.

He only cost us 16 the other 16 was attributed to Lawrence according to statistics.

Oh! by the way. There were no other players in the team.

They were really the ones that gave away the 5 "Blair" penalties that put us under so much pressure.

I thought it was Thompson missing the first tackle that led to the try - no it was Anasta / Lawrence in a gang tackle that went wrong. It was also Anasta/Lawrence that missed Ave's tackle on Johnson up the centre. Anasta missing Merritt for his try etc.
Easy to point the finger. it is a Team game - Team takes the blame.

Nors05
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Nors05 » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 4:02 pm

We didn't lose the game because of Anasta, not by a long shot. However, he still needs to go. Austin is still a bit raw in terms of a playmaker but I reckon after 3-4 games at 5/8 in a row we will see a huge difference from what we are getting with Anasta.
I really want to see Brooks and Austin playing on both sides of the field and linking up like traditional halves. I think it could work really well with enough practice. Only problem is they aren't getting the practice because Anasta gets the first pick each week.

Return to “Round 14: Wests Tigers vs South Sydney Rabbitohs”