Siro

GNR4LIFE

Siro

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:14 pm

I've never seen the appeal of this guy. Not saying he hasn't had the ability, just that I haven't been won over by him like most others have. Therefore I don't necessarily think I need to eat humble pie cos I've never criticized him, but credit where credit is due. For what little time he had last night (don't think he played second half did he?) he looked solid as a rock in defence, including a good tackle on Sam Burgess close to the line. Hope I start seeing other little things in his game that impress me as well.

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:47 pm

Sirro needs to have a few runs to hit his good form , last year it took a couple and then he was very good , last night was good but he will get even better

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:53 pm

He shouldnt be starting yet. You have to earn starting spots and he hasnt
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

willow

Post by willow » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 8:52 pm

king sirro wrote:He shouldnt be starting yet. You have to earn starting spots and he hasnt
With Fulton and Paterson our other two options currently on the sideline, there's not many options left. Akauola is an impact player and shouldn't be starting either IMO. It was only Sirro's 3rd game for the season, he'll improve, particularly once we get that roll forward through the ruck which Farah and Woods will bring.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sat 14 Jun, 2014 10:58 pm

Due to injury those that don't watch much lower grades haven't gotten to see the best of Siro yet, but I have no doubt he has the same talent as Brooks, Tedesco and all the other young guys getting the wraps currently.
Cherrington probably isn't too far behind them either.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 1:04 am

Not even close to Brooks and Tedesco. Refresh my memory his played 27 NRL games now..when was he man of the match ?

TJL

Post by TJL » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 1:35 am

I'm not from the Balmain side of things and so far he has nothing on his old man - looks like a solid reserve grader thus far to me.

littletiger

Post by littletiger » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 8:12 am

Had a good game Fri night. Will be a good replacement for fulton.

spearby

Post by spearby » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 8:54 am

come on people its the kids 3rd or 4th game for the season give him a break you only run into good form with games under your belt . as for being a good reserve grader your joking .as for a man of the match 2nd game in first grade for the season went off with concussion last week, played half a game Friday night how the bloody hell can he win man of the match please think before you make silly statements

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 9:07 am

spearby wrote:come on people its the kids 3rd or 4th game for the season give him a break you only run into good form with games under your belt . as for being a good reserve grader your joking .as for a man of the match 2nd game in first grade for the season went off with concussion last week, played half a game Friday night how the bloody hell can he win man of the match please think before you make silly statements
If people aren't impressed, it goes beyond just the couple games he's played this yr, its all of them. He's never ever stood out, i can understand why people are miffed at why he's rated so highly. I think a lot of it has to do with his last name personally.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 9:46 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
spearby wrote:come on people its the kids 3rd or 4th game for the season give him a break you only run into good form with games under your belt . as for being a good reserve grader your joking .as for a man of the match 2nd game in first grade for the season went off with concussion last week, played half a game Friday night how the bloody hell can he win man of the match please think before you make silly statements
If people aren't impressed, it goes beyond just the couple games he's played this yr, its all of them. He's never ever stood out, i can understand why people are miffed at why he's rated so highly. I think a lot of it has to do with his last name personally.
I agree. I do find that people with surnames that start with a consonant get selected before those names starting with vowels.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 10:19 am

Look I don't know how people can make a judgement before he puts a dozen games back to back

But that could be the issue , maybe he will struggle to put a heap of games back to back

It could also be the issue that they are keeping Curtis happy so they don't upset and lose Bailey

lathami

Post by lathami » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 10:20 am

Get a grip peanuts!!!!!!!
He is a gun, I don't care who his father or surname is!!
It is a word called potential, and he has bucket loads, just remember he has played most of his career as a 5/8th this is his first season as a back rower, give him a chance 4 F sake!
His big problem is he is a bit injury prone, but hopefully that will get better!
You armchair critics need to watch more junior football, get out there before first grade make the effort.
Because if you did you would have seen how much above all grades siro is in class, you would shut the F up!!!
Get ready to eat humble pie!! he is in the class of brooks and Tedesco and co, just that he is a back rower. (there is a Difference?)posting.php?mode=reply&f=152&t=21366&si ... 7bc4249cad#

strrretch

Post by strrretch » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 10:56 am

I thought his defence was good.
Was on the receiving end of poorly timed passes a few times which were not helpful.
Generally, the side was off the boil most of the game, Sirro was definitely not one of the worst players on the night.
If he can stay fit, is a real asset.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 11:08 am

Irvine wrote:Not even close to Brooks and Tedesco. Refresh my memory his played 27 NRL games now..when was he man of the match ?
agreed, not even close. Has potential to be a strong ball runner, and looks to be improving in defence but he's got a long way before he's as good as those two.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

spearby

Post by spearby » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 11:09 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
fair enough where are s.roachs boys didn't make it gary jacks boy that played league you keep making silly statements .you have to have the ability :deadhorse:

tigsta

Post by tigsta » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 11:26 am

Same thing was said about teddy last year. Now he is a world beater.

Give him some game time in the NRL before passing judgement please.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 11:30 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I've never seen the appeal of this guy. Not saying he hasn't had the ability, just that I haven't been won over by him like most others have. Therefore I don't necessarily think I need to eat humble pie cos I've never criticized him, but credit where credit is due. For what little time he had last night (don't think he played second half did he?) he looked solid as a rock in defence, including a good tackle on Sam Burgess close to the line. Hope I start seeing other little things in his game that impress me as well.
the guy will be donning the green & gold one day.
But thats last years news.

Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"