Siro

Love the WestsTigers

Re: Siro

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 12:07 pm

Its all about confidence and he looks every part of it
I think our youth will give us plenty to smile about in the next 4 years

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 12:19 pm

milky asked a question in another thread about who to base your team around- i think woodsy, brooksy and siro should be the people to base your team around.

they all have the character, leadership, talent and maturity to base your team around.

as for siro, he's a menace in defense. he reminds me a lot of simon dwyer. the angles he runs, the way they hit in defense, how hard they run etc. hope he has better luck with injuries.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Nors05

Post by Nors05 » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 3:48 pm

We were severely on the back foot the entire game last night. Give Siro a chance to play when the whole team is on song and I reckon we will see how damaging he can be.

I really really want to see Simona playing on that left edge with Siro. With decent service from Brooks I think we will have a very potent left edge attack. Once Richards retires, we can add Koro in there aswell and it will be bloody fearsome.

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 4:09 pm

Nors05 wrote:We were severely on the back foot the entire game last night. Give Siro a chance to play when the whole team is on song and I reckon we will see how damaging he can be.

I really really want to see Simona playing on that left edge with Siro. With decent service from Brooks I think we will have a very potent left edge attack. Once Richards retires, we can add Koro in there aswell and it will be bloody fearsome.
I agree. Assuming Siro does end up being a great line / angle runner then it won't make sense having him and Lawrence on the same side. Both are angle runners. Having Simona and Siro on the same side gives two very different options.
Siro keeps the defense wanting to stay a little bunched due to his size and strength, where as Simona's speed will make defenses be warey of him getting outside them.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 4:45 pm

He has a lot of pressure on him being who he is, talked up way more than he should be.
Twenty something games is too early to make serious judgement, he going OK imo....one thing Ive taken from Sheens is his ''youre not a first grader until you have 50 under your belt''
Agree with KS should be coming from the bench

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 4:53 pm

aka, sue, taupau, gavet are all impact players. since paterson is injured, i have no problems with siro starting.
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 7:12 pm

happy tiger wrote:Look I don't know how people can make a judgement before he puts a dozen games back to back

But that could be the issue , maybe he will struggle to put a heap of games back to back

It could also be the issue that they are keeping Curtis happy so they don't upset and lose Bailey
It wont have anything to do with Bailey, Bailey is a tough bugger with loads of heart but he is not in the same class as Curtis. Curtis was the first player picked in every under age side (State and national), Bailey is outside those sort of sides and was a fringe inclusion in the Combined catholic side (interestingly beating out Ivan Cleary's young bloke for the back up half gig behind another Croker, all sorts of next generation stuff going on)

His name puts pressure on him, but so does his dominat under age performances, he is still only 21, very young, and given an injury free run will show everyone the talent he has. I have no doubt if he stays fit for a dozen or so games there will be no doubters (except for chronic haters)

It is a double edge sword the famous surname, people always saying it is the only reason you are going places.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 7:33 pm

I really like the look of Siro but to be honest I have not seen enough of him on a continuing basis to make a judgment call....he is big enough and has skills just want to see him on the field more ,he should get this if non injury prevails in the second half of the season.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 7:49 pm

spearby wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
spearby wrote:come on people its the kids 3rd or 4th game for the season give him a break you only run into good form with games under your belt . as for being a good reserve grader your joking .as for a man of the match 2nd game in first grade for the season went off with concussion last week, played half a game Friday night how the bloody hell can he win man of the match please think before you make silly statements
If people aren't impressed, it goes beyond just the couple games he's played this yr, its all of them. He's never ever stood out, i can understand why people are miffed at why he's rated so highly. I think a lot of it has to do with his last name personally.
fair enough where are s.roachs boys didn't make it gary jacks boy that played league you keep making silly statements .you have to have the ability :deadhorse:
What do their sons have to do with anything? none of them ever played fg. Siro has made the grade, and in a team that a lot of supporters remember cheering his dad. Its not beyond comprehension that they see the name and whether its nostalgia or whatever other reason, might see more in him then there really is cos of his pedigree. I've seen people react like a cut snake when others have questioned whether or not this guy is all he's built himself up to be and i can't understand why. As someone else said, he's not made half the impression Brooks and Tedesco have made. Gavet and Taupau have looked far more impressive imo. He looks like a solid player, but nothing about him stands out from the rest to me that warrants being labeled a future Australian rep. I can understand people saying that about Tedesco and Brooksy, can't see it in Siro.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 8:03 pm

Goose wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Look I don't know how people can make a judgement before he puts a dozen games back to back

But that could be the issue , maybe he will struggle to put a heap of games back to back

It could also be the issue that they are keeping Curtis happy so they don't upset and lose Bailey
It wont have anything to do with Bailey, Bailey is a tough bugger with loads of heart but he is not in the same class as Curtis. Curtis was the first player picked in every under age side (State and national), Bailey is outside those sort of sides and was a fringe inclusion in the Combined catholic side (interestingly beating out Ivan Cleary's young bloke for the back up half gig behind another Croker, all sorts of next generation stuff going on)

His name puts pressure on him, but so does his dominat under age performances, he is still only 21, very young, and given an injury free run will show everyone the talent he has. I have no doubt if he stays fit for a dozen or so games there will be no doubters (except for chronic haters)

It is a double edge sword the famous surname, people always saying it is the only reason you are going places.
Big Deal Farah never made any rep teams..what's that got to do with anything. Cam Smith didn't either. Sirro is in the NRL team because of his name we all know that.
I hope he does become a superstar of the game but he hasn't shown that at NRL level.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 8:36 pm

Irvine wrote:Not even close to Brooks and Tedesco. Refresh my memory his played 27 NRL games now..when was he man of the match ?
You could ask the same question about many other current, longer-term Wests Tigers NRL players, who have yet to win a man-of-the-match awards! I do not see that MOM awards are necessarily the measure of the worth of a player.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 8:47 pm

Irvine wrote: Big Deal Farah never made any rep teams..what's that got to do with anything. Cam Smith didn't either. Sirro is in the NRL team because of his name we all know that.
I hope he does become a superstar of the game but he hasn't shown that at NRL level.
that's the first i've heard of this...

he's an amazing player- this coming from a guy who hasnt even heard or seen his father play.
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 8:49 pm

Irvine wrote:
Goose wrote:

Big Deal Farah never made any rep teams..what's that got to do with anything. Cam Smith didn't either. Sirro is in the NRL team because of his name we all know that.
You are the classic keyboard warrior.
You think no one is any good except and bag every body
Curtis is in NRL because he dominated every level of football he played.
I'm not suggesting that making rep sides is the be all and end all.
I was simply stating that Bailey is not the reason for Curtis to making it as it this stage he is not elite, he will play NYC and has loads of heart and may keep coming like many others.

oldschooltiger

Post by oldschooltiger » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 8:55 pm

Needs to play a full season to injury prone atm.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 11:12 pm

Goose wrote:
Irvine wrote:
Goose wrote:

You are the classic keyboard warrior.
You think no one is any good except and bag every body
Curtis is in NRL because he dominated every level of football he played.
I'm not suggesting that making rep sides is the be all and end all.
I was simply stating that Bailey is not the reason for Curtis to making it as it this stage he is not elite, he will play NYC and has loads of heart and may keep coming like many others.
Aye Goose, but we know Irvine: there are the players he loves, and the ones he loathes. Doesn't seem to be much grey.

Nobody "gets to" NRL level on a name. It's too cut-throat a business, people without talent are found out and discarded ruthlessly. Nobody is spending money on non-performers.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 11:25 pm

I don't think he made it to fg cos of his name. I do however believe that the only reason a large chunk of supporters rate him so highly do so cos of his name though.

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 11:25 pm

He was showing massive promise after only a few games last year...
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 11:54 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I don't think he made it to fg cos of his name. I do however believe that the only reason a large chunk of supporters rate him so highly do so cos of his name though.
Possibly.

It goes the other way as well, people are skeptical because of his lineage.