Cut Lawrence!!

monkey

Cut Lawrence!!

Unread post by monkey » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 10:45 pm

Gotta go bodene has more impact than him . Maybe swap them around . Or put haletau there

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 11:00 pm

Newtown wrote:In reality it would not be such a brave move to replace Lawrence at centre with Mitchell Moses and I believe that it would be a winning move. Remember that Lawrence was younger than Moses when he played first FG game.
Gee, big call to have a player debut in a position that he is not only a novice in, but is also the hardest position to manage defensively.

littletiger

Unread post by littletiger » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 11:20 pm

I was peeved at cl at the game. But just found out he played three different positions tonight.. so cannot be too hard on him.

phil1986
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by phil1986 » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 11:23 pm

littletiger wrote:I was peeved at cl at the game. But just found out he played three different positions tonight.. so cannot be too hard on him.
3 different positions, shouldn't have any impact on him playing a ball correctly, or passing over the sideline to no-one ( that happened whilst playing his position -centre)

He is still quite good in defense, but his attack is not that of a centre, but more a backrower.

phil1986
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by phil1986 » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 11:23 pm

littletiger wrote:I was peeved at cl at the game. But just found out he played three different positions tonight.. so cannot be too hard on him.
3 different positions, shouldn't have any impact on him playing a ball correctly, or passing over the sideline to no-one ( that happened whilst playing his position -centre)

He is still quite good in defense, but his attack is not that of a centre, but more a backrower.

thesquid

Unread post by thesquid » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 12:20 am

There is definitely something wrong with his game, but it isn't from lack of trying. Maybe he is easily rattled and has fallen in to a lack of confidence which can cause even more mistakes.

tottie

Unread post by tottie » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 5:10 am

phil1986 wrote:

His defence is awful in any position. he gets consistently beat by agile players and has the turning circle and speed worse than tuquri. Has to go, we are a NRL team that cant afford to carry blokes. I

Knuckles
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Knuckles » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 11:03 am

Sorry ... Even though he is struggling for form ... He has to stay.

wd in perth
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 11:09 am

I actually applauded him when he saved a try by holding up the Raider in the first half. But from then on, sheesh....

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 242 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 11:27 am

Very hard to defend him....though with our injury crisis he will hang on by the skin of his teeth

Really needs a spell in reggies...sad to see

tig_prmz
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tig_prmz » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 11:29 am

He either needs to learn how to PTB with his left hand or start holding the ball on his right. He makes so many errors in trying to switch the ball from left to right quickly and invariably knocking the ball on.

My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Eddie
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 12:00 pm

It is embarrassing when playing the ball is hard for a 1st grader

I would estimate he has made 10+ errors simply trying to play the ball in the last year.

Club Sandwich
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Club Sandwich » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 8:11 pm

I've been a big defender of Lawrence over the past few years but his performance in Saturdays game was embarrassing. He turns around slower than a cruise ship.
I'd drop him to NSW cup or at the very least the bench for a week or two to give him a massive kick up the a***. Freakin should be ashamed of himself the way he's played recently and still collecting a fat pay check. :x
Tigers tragic since 1980.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 184 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 8:47 pm

I've stuck solid and defended him every step of the way since his injury, but enough is enough. His confidence is shot to pieces. Its sad, cos when people think back on him after he's gone, he isn't going to be remembered for the way he ran half the length of the field to score on his debut at Suncorp, nor the way he left Slater for dead down the sideline at Leichhardt, or the way he could hit a hole. He'll be remembered for what he is now. The club needs to sit down at the end of the season and work something out. At the very least, get him to hit the gym so he can bulk up and have a go in the forwards. Preferably maybe offload him to a SL team. He'd still get good coin over there. Theres no way any NRL team would go near him in the state he's in. Obvious answer could be the Sharks, but i think they probably learned their lesson with Ayshford.

underdog
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by underdog » Sun 29 Jun, 2014 8:58 pm

Austin played a position he has NEVER played before.

NEVER.

Think about that for a moment.

Pretty much had a man of the match game all things considered, made one handling mistake, and got chipped and chased by a speedy sprightly winger, but was all class after that.

When was the last time you could say that about Lawrence?

Lawrence had a wonderful chance to redeem himself when Papali put Lee into space, and Lawrence had Lee one on one going for the corner. If Lawrence could have muscled up and bundled Lee into touch in a ball and all, all would have been forgiven for me. He would have shown me he is trying his guts out, despite the bad form

He fell through the tackle ala Robert Lui and Lee scored easily. I slumped back into my lounge chair dejected, and not really all that surprised.

bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by bigsiro » Mon 30 Jun, 2014 2:49 pm

Lawrence has now become the forum pariah in the mould of Fitzhenry or Anasta. And from that situation there is practically no return. But let's face it, it's warranted. He has been so, so poor for so many weeks that his current form is now etched in people's minds. As GNR said: He'll be remembered for what he is now. That is so sad because he was scintillating years ago.

Sadly I find myself likening him to a stock/share that I own that I know is going down. I will never make good on my investment, but I also have so much trouble selling, because I'm emotionally attached.
Smart advice would be to cut your losses. It sucks.

I'd rather a rookie in there, at least it wouldn't be so disappointing and there would be potential to look forward to.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Canberra Raiders”