Cut Lawrence!!

Love the WestsTigers
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 17 times

Re: Cut Lawrence!!

Unread post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 15 Jun, 2014 5:19 pm

I have seen similar performances from Lawerence before .
And i think it has something to do with a huge opposition pack.
Most games he is fine, when its a huge pack he makes a lot of unforced errors
Does the same with dogs a lot

laufoofan

Unread post by laufoofan » Mon 16 Jun, 2014 9:44 pm

Dropping players into the NSW cup may not be such a bad idea. it will give them an opportunity to get fit and up their confidence. Sandow, had to do it, look at him now, he comes back a better player than he ever was.

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by clokan » Mon 16 Jun, 2014 9:58 pm

wd in perth wrote:Looks to me like he's scored 18 tries in the last 53 games over 3 and a half years.

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/scorers/pla ... rence.html

How many is Koro scoring again? Fair Dinkum get real you Lawrence lovers.
I think Lawrence has played pretty well this year apart from the game against Souths. He makes good metres, has been solid in defence and isn't deviod of scoring tries as badly as your stats suggest. To put it into perspective, of the 13 WT try scorers this year, he has scored more than eight of them, the same as two, and only Tedesco and Richards have scored more.

I'm not saying he's a world beater, but he has shown improvement this year. I believe he's done enough to keep his spot and doesn't deserve to be cut on one shocker.

pacman

Unread post by pacman » Mon 16 Jun, 2014 10:05 pm

clokan wrote:
wd in perth wrote:Looks to me like he's scored 18 tries in the last 53 games over 3 and a half years.

I think Lawrence has played pretty well this year apart from the game against Souths. He makes good metres, has been solid in defence and isn't deviod of scoring tries as badly as your stats suggest. To put it into perspective, of the 13 WT try scorers this year, he has scored more than eight of them, the same as two, and only Tedesco and Richards have scored more.

I'm not saying he's a world beater, but he has shown improvement this year. I believe he's done enough to keep his spot and doesn't deserve to be cut on one shocker.
If only because the only playmaker in our team is a left side only player. If Simona were in the spot of Lawrence for all those games this year - He'd have 10 tries not 4. Lawrence is a joke. Simple.

hobbo
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 97 times

Unread post by hobbo » Mon 16 Jun, 2014 10:10 pm

clokan wrote:

Naaah ....I say cut him .

Posted using RoarFEED V.4
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

wd in perth
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Mon 16 Jun, 2014 11:28 pm

pacman wrote:
clokan wrote:

If only because the only playmaker in our team is a left side only player. If Simona were in the spot of Lawrence for all those games this year - He'd have 10 tries not 4. Lawrence is a joke. Simple.
Exactly right. And Tedesco has been out for a thousand weeks.

Jay

Unread post by Jay » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 9:02 am

Lawrence is one of those nice guys you really want to see do well, but enough pain. He was simply woeful against Rabbitoh's. We have enough fantastic players that our left side should be deadly.

Apart from dropping the ball and being out of place in attack I am sick of running out of the side line every game - when will he learn.

I love Lawrence but sorry, time to go - or at least move him to the bench or something. Anything!

barra
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by barra » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 10:01 am

bonstonker wrote:
Snake wrote:You can't blame Potter for Lawrence he was signed up before he arrived ..get used to him as a player on 600 k per season want be playing in the reggies, this is going to be tough as he still has 2 yrs on his contract ...I don 't now what you do in this situation but unfortunately he is borderline at best.
yes the contract makes things tough,so i would put him in reggies and hope he wants a shot at first grade and a release from his contract.

simply making too many mistakes and no longer has the ability to make up for them.
Exactly! Give him the opportunity to return to form in reserves or find another gig if he can't cop the reality of where his game is.

Last Friday night was embarrassing. He had a major negative impact on the game, not only his own errors but early in the game if he hits Richards on the chest with a decent pass, big Pat is in and the bunnies are questioning themselves. Instead, repeated errors give them a leg up and all of a sudden Merritt is looking like a superstar against us again.

I've always been a fan of Chris and always will be. I will be as happy as any if he can return to a decent 1st grade form, but I have been forced to face the reality myself too, time for action unfortunately!

alexaki

Unread post by alexaki » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 11:17 am

If we fix up our attack and have a balanced right and left side attack...we will see the best of and hail Lawrence.

Right now the right side of our attack is non existent...this put added pressure on the left side to perform... the opposition know this so they stack the D on our left side and play in our face...taking away time and adding pressure on Brooks and Lawrence....

If Potter sorts out the right side attack watch the left side excel...and Chris will regain many of his lost fans...

tigerlogic

Unread post by tigerlogic » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 6:13 pm

alexaki wrote:If we fix up our attack and have a balanced right and left side attack...we will see the best of and hail Lawrence.

Right now the right side of our attack is non existent...this put added pressure on the left side to perform... the opposition know this so they stack the D on our left side and play in our face...taking away time and adding pressure on Brooks and Lawrence....

If Potter sorts out the right side attack watch the left side excel...and Chris will regain many of his lost fans...

This is not at all true about opposition stacking one side of the field for Lawrence! Teams simply number up to create man on man plus sidelines, no matter how good the right side was Lawrence would have the same amount if defence on him

Knuckles
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Knuckles » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 12:25 pm

Sometimes it does a player good to be dropped. Makes them go back to basics and to make them work harder than they otherwise would ........ be interesting to see if Potter has the mettle to do it.

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 1:02 pm

Knuckles wrote:Sometimes it does a player good to be dropped. Makes them go back to basics and to make them work harder than they otherwise would ........ be interesting to see if Potter has the mettle to do it.
Look what happened to Koro after he was dropped. He scores all those tries and now he's left.

Peaches

Unread post by Peaches » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 9:49 pm

He made some very poor errors tonight. A knock on deep in our half after defending set on set, a pass over the sideline and the poor attempted tackle on Milford all stick in my mind. If we had some backline depth, I think he would be struggling to be named next week.

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 9:52 pm

He is beyond terrible. He finds it very hard to ply the ball. Under 6s would have a better success rate at playing the ball. Boy oh boy does he put this team under pressure with his individuals errors often early in the tackle count, deep in our own territory. Not to mention awful missed tackles and wild passes. The guy is below reserve grade standard most week for the past 2-3 years.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 9:54 pm

Oh dear again and again. It aint going to happen so how about we have a moratorium on whining about CL for the remainder of the year.

BlackandGoldForever

Unread post by BlackandGoldForever » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 10:20 pm

I feel for him, ever since that hip injury never ever has been the same lost his speed lost his confidence everything. Dean Collis was the same both were going to be rep NSW players and massively declined

Newtown

Unread post by Newtown » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 10:28 pm

In reality it would not be such a brave move to replace Lawrence at centre with Mitchell Moses and I believe that it would be a winning move. Remember that Lawrence was younger than Moses when he played first FG game.

WTDiehard

Unread post by WTDiehard » Sat 28 Jun, 2014 10:29 pm

Lawrence was easily our worst player tonite.

He just keeps making silly mistakes and as he no longer does anything brilliant, just seems to be a liability.

I don't care if people call me a CL hater or whatever...in fact I've been very supportive of him...even last year.

But if you look at him he doesn't bust tackles anymore, doesn't hit the holes, has lost his speed, can't turn and chase and can't move laterally....apart from all that he STATE OF ORIGIN material.

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Canberra Raiders”