10. Galloway
11. Sirro
12. Thompson
13. Blair

14. Tapau
15. Gavet
16. Seumanufagai
17. Sue

We need to win the battle in the forwards and we need to have fast outside backs. We cannot continue to carry Anasta.
100% agree with this side.

Who better than a poor Raiders side to let Moses make his NRL debut against. He is the answer to our long term #6 and playing him will see the number of points we score increase greatly. Moses has worked a good combination in NSW cup with Sirro and Koro and he already has a great combination with Brooks. Just putting Moses in the side will at least give us options either side of the ruck.

Lawrence and Anasta on current form need to spend some time in the NSW cup to work on their games.

bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by bigsiro » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 9:30 am

happy tiger wrote:Yeah Potter is choosing them both because he wants to get fired and lose his job

Some just throw logic out the window

If we had better options don't you think Potter would choose them ??
I would hope so, but we said the same about Sheens for years....

Sticking to the same old and expecting something different is more irrational than actually trying something new. Whether that 'something new' works or not is another question, but not even trying represents an acceptance of a substandard which manifests into an apathy that no self-respecting Tigers fan should tolerate.

I am a Potter fan, but even I am forced to question him when he selects the same under-performing players 14 weeks in a row.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 12:39 pm

bigsiro wrote:
happy tiger wrote:Yeah Potter is choosing them both because he wants to get fired and lose his job

Sticking to the same old and expecting something different is more irrational than actually trying something new. Whether that 'something new' works or not is another question, but not even trying represents an acceptance of a substandard which manifests into an apathy that no self-respecting Tigers fan should tolerate.

I am a Potter fan, but even I am forced to question him when he selects the same under-performing players 14 weeks in a row.
Big difference is Sheens had loads of established and talented players at his disposal especially 2009 - 2012

Potter has heaps of emerging talent , but you can't throw all this talent on the field at once , you have to gradually blend it all in unless absolutely forced to (injuries ,suspensions etc )

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 1:09 pm

bigsiro wrote:

Are you talking about the same underperforming side that beat Manly and Souths ??

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 103 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 1:58 pm

1. Teddy
2. Richards
3. Simona
4. Nofoaluma
5. Koroibete
6. Austin
7. Brooks

13. Blair
12. Thompson
11. Sironen
10. Galloway
9. Farah
8. Woods

14. Taupau
15. Gavet
16. Seumanufagai
17. Sue

That side will put 50 past the Raiders.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Blackpearl
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by Blackpearl » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 2:23 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:1. Teddy
2. Richards
3. Simona
4. Nofoaluma
5. Koroibete
6. Austin
7. Brooks

13. Blair
12. Thompson
11. Sironen
10. Galloway
9. Farah
8. Woods

14. Taupau
15. Gavet
16. Seumanufagai
17. Sue

x 2 CB. like this side a lot. plenty of skill, size and speed to kill.
sticky would give his left one for this line-up.
I dislike sowfs immensely

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 2:29 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:1. Teddy
2. Richards
3. Simona
4. Nofoaluma
5. Koroibete
6. Austin
7. Brooks

13. Blair
12. Thompson
11. Sironen
10. Galloway
9. Farah
8. Woods

14. Taupau
15. Gavet
16. Seumanufagai
17. Sue

We might put 50 past them , but I reckon the Raiders will put 30-40 past us at the same time

bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by bigsiro » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 2:30 pm

I said "underperforming players" not "underperforming side".

Happy, we'll have to agree to disagree on this thread as well as others - it's the same argument we are having anyway. You think wholesale changes are necessary to accommodate Lawrence's departure and whether I agree with that or not I still think anything is better than having him there while he is playing so badly.

Shouldn't we try to get used a new backline? Or do you think we should do this only at the start of a season?

I'm sure you don't want the Tigers to be complacent so perhaps you can suggest something that will please the masses (us) which has Lawrence left right out (imagine he is injured).....

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 2:42 pm

bigsiro wrote:I said "underperforming players" not "underperforming side".

Happy, we'll have to agree to disagree on this thread as well as others - it's the same argument we are having anyway. You think wholesale changes are necessary to accommodate Lawrence's departure and whether I agree with that or not I still think anything is better than having him there while he is playing so badly.

Shouldn't we try to get used a new backline? Or do you think we should do this only at the start of a season?

I'm sure you don't want the Tigers to be complacent so perhaps you can suggest something that will please the masses (us) which has Lawrence left right out (imagine he is injured).....
Yeah that's fine mate Good thing about a Forum we can put different ideas up ,its not about winning or losing

To answer your other question if Rowdy was injured I would bring in Bodene Thompson , it means only making one change , and we are lucky as we do have a few back up second rowers how have some quality about them

We do need to find a good centre in the off season (or before June 30 if possible )

If we had a player we could do a straight swap for Rowdy and he keeps performing badly I'd do it

But that's where we are at , look at other sides they have every person in their club knowing exactly what their role is if they are put up into the top side (Melbourne ,Manly ,Souths ,Roosters )

But Potter is trying to get us there , it will just take some time

phil1986
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by phil1986 » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 5:06 pm

Gavet is back in firsts this week.

Should be good for raiders game hopefully.

Posted using RoarFEED V.4

phil1986
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by phil1986 » Tue 17 Jun, 2014 5:07 pm

phil1986 wrote:Gavet is back in firsts this week.

Should be good for raiders game hopefully.

First division lol

Justo

Unread post by Justo » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 9:22 am

But you all know, deep down, that Anasta and Lawrence will be named.

:brick:

supercoach
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 64 times

Unread post by supercoach » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 10:17 am

Justo wrote:But you all know, deep down, that Anasta and Lawrence will be named.

:brick:
So true and you know Koro will not be selected either. Some things in life are given

Snake
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by Snake » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 12:41 pm

If Gavet is ready to go what happens to Austin or is this bench resembling a Sheens bench of 3 forwards 1 back . Will the bench be 4 forwards again as this proved a winner. Potter will have to make the choice about Austin being in the starting side of Anasta as having Austin on the bench will be a bit of a laugh .

bigsiro
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by bigsiro » Thu 19 Jun, 2014 2:42 pm

I've got no dramas with Bodene to centre. He has experience there and it would harden up the defensive side of things. But, if we lose games I'd be getting Koro in quick smart.

As for Moses. If you're good enough you're old enough. If we go backwards then we might as well experiment. I'm sick of starting seasons with untried halves combos so don't want to again for 2015.

laufoofan

Unread post by laufoofan » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 6:19 am

Sick of seeing the non preforming players selected week in and week out. Surely they have the pride when they put on the West Tigers jersy.Reputation means nothing if they returned with their tails between their legs.When they lose they tend to lose big but when they win they just fell over the line.Our forwards are not as potent as they think as they are. Our backs have been quiet, just going through the motion. We don't break the opposition line anymore, or break tackles, the boys could be taking things easy, money for jam.Time to pull your thumbs up, so that, we the long suffering supporters will have something to cheer about.How about that West Tiger players?

bp tiger
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by bp tiger » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 3:28 pm

why has no one had a go at sirro he has done nothing, he has been poor every game even in the NSW cup games. Is he getting special treatment because of his dad. He needs a lot of work on his game.

Mccarry
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Mccarry » Fri 20 Jun, 2014 6:34 pm

bp tiger wrote:why has no one had a go at sirro he has done nothing, he has been poor every game even in the NSW cup games. Is he getting special treatment because of his dad. He needs a lot of work on his game.
First he wasn't poor. The team was poor. He was good in NSW cup.

The potential has been stated by many. The need to develop is not in question. Perhaps your expectation that he is amazing in game 1 is a bit severe. He also just recovered from two injuries in a row.

I strongly believe he will develop into a world class player. I am prepared to wait.

Teddy was poor for half a season and look at how that turned out.

Return to “Round 16: Wests Tigers vs Canberra Raiders”